Labs that do seed rescue / tissue culture?

This is a bunch of old seeds, my buddy gave me. The ones in the film canisters, arent completely full, but a few of them are. Many of them, are an old late 80s-early 90s NL5 x Haze x Nevils Hashplant x Skunk #1. Best stuff Ive ever seen for indoors, potency wise, and is too strong for many. Has both a heavy mental, and physical high, and overwhelms many. Medium yield. Dione in 7 weeks, or less. Some are Nl1 x Hawaiian crossed with my old strain.
Some are unknown, but buddy wouldnt have kept them, if they werent good. He also got some of these fromanother buddy that was growing. I think newest are from 2009. Oldest 2001. Maybe late 90s.

Gonna need Embryonic Rescue, for sure. And its for sure, none may even be viable.

3 Likes

Nice collection! It all depends on how they were stored for this long. Could go either way. Tissue culture for seeds can get expensive. I recommend trying some of the seed staring procedures found here on OG.

Old seeds do indeed grow just with less vigor and slow growth rate. My cousin has a super skunk plant he grew, made clones and seeds. the seed he grew it from were his own from 1992. He said all it did the first 6 months was grow leaves no preflowers, he said it took 1 whole year for it to reach proper stage to be ready to flower, in that year he had to constantly top and clone the plant to keep it within height limits of his room. I smoked it with him, it smells like a dead skunk. I’ve smoked it with him… uhmmm it slows time down lol. I thought I was playing video games for 45 minutes I looked at the time and only 15 minutes went by. He won’t even give me a seed or clone says he has no intentions of letting it get out. He’ll only sell me flowers. Won’t even give me some just for being family :expressionless: but good luck to you on your adventures I hope everything comes out good

2 Likes

How did this project turn out? Any luck?

1 Like

No luck, just too old and probably fungal spores inside the seeds. :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that :pensive:

2 Likes

I have a question concerning tissue culture… recently found a plant that is exactly like the ones I grew in the 80’s and was also available locally. Since then I have never seen or smelled another plant like it. Was called Skunk (but what wasn’t back then) and has strong pine smells as well. I’m from southern Alberta, Canada, and this particular plant was found in Saskatchewan and on August 01 it was almost fully flowered into massive buds. Obviously a great type for the climate we have and short summers.
So my question is: could samples of this plant be a suitable candidate for tissue culture in order to replicate and preserve it? Thanks for your time and input.
Ronzo

1 Like

If it’s not alive no.

If you have old seed maybe. I’m in Alberta.

5 Likes

Turpman
It’s still very much alive as the caregiver wants to let it finish all the way. I took a few small cuts off of it and trying to get them to stay alive.
Thanks, Ronzo

1 Like

Ok ya just keep a couple clone of it.

1 Like

If I wanted to save it, for one, I wouldnt take the mother to full maturity.
I,would cut it a bit early, when it still has some vigor, and reveg it. Or at least try.

Was going to drive the 10 hours to see the kids and this plant, but it didn’t pan out this past long weekend. It is still alive and doing well. And he said he’d save me some buds and all of the seeds he finds. It is in the ground and trying to talk him into digging it up and potting it to keep in the house for the winter and see if will reveg.
I did end up with 15 viable seeds from cuttings I took the August long weekend. There was a few immature seeds that wouldn’t germinate even after sitting on worm castings for a few days, with warmth under that. He claims he killed off all the males in his yard, so a neighbors male pollen or a hermaphrodite perhaps. He has 4 beautiful girls on the other side of the acreage and they weren’t affected.