Lack of ? what?

yellow on a leaf what would be the cause?

7 Likes

Need more info
Can be a PH issue

1 Like

coco ph 6.5-6.6 3 gallon grow bags 600 watt mh and 1200 wt led in middlenov422 new ph pen coming today nutes gia green 50/50 4-4-4/2-8-4 top dressing and worm crap watering with filtered tap water folier spray once a week with light cal/mag soiless straight up coco-perlite 70/30

4 Likes

Not a coco user

I had a similar issue my old pen was way off when I used new one wow it was way off

I use pro mix and I keep my ph between 6.0 and 6.2

Is this on lower leaves or on top

3 Likes

lower leaves

2 Likes

Maybe not relevant to your issue but I like the pH drops as a backup. They may not be super accurate but they’re never wrong. Also a good way to see if your meter is on point.

7 Likes

Also maybe be root issue
If plant , coco is too wet

Of heat related

My $ on PH

8 Likes

That may be a bit close to the plant on the far right. Judging by the fan leaf size posted, the plant in question is the far right one.

2 Likes

Was thinking the same thing

2 Likes

nope one of the ones in the middle under led

1 Like

Ok, i would still probably raise the lights a bit until the issue is solved, just in case. They look fairly healthy… Sorry.

2 Likes

Ok I see you spray with calmag

Add a bit of Epson salts to your feed regiment

Plants under led needs calmag and or Epson salts more then others

3 Likes

Hay olschool :slight_smile: I grow in coco and try to keep the pH right on 5.8. Seems like the sweet spot for best Ca and Mg absorbsion, and everything else too.

6 Likes

I knew there was a big difference in ph but was not sure of the numbers

Thanks

Paps

2 Likes

Is that the extent of the yellowing?

Judging from the rest of the leaf it looks healthy to me, if it’s isolated to that i would ignore it and not worry about it, overall it looks healthy imo.

3 Likes

Coco looks like dirt, but it isn’t! Took me a while for that to sink in!
ph Chart Hydro:Soil

4 Likes

I agree, looks like Ca/Mg related issues which are common in coco. First off, pH should be between 5,5-6,2. Secondly, due to the cation exchange capacity of coco, there’s a general need for higher levels of Ca/Mg in the substrate compared to soil as some of it is directly absorbed and stored by the fibres, making it unavailable to the plants.
Before deciding on a course of action you should find out the Ca and Mg levels of the water you are working with. Depending on what they are, you: either need supplement one of the two elements to bring them into a balanced ratio (Ca:Mg 3:1), supplement both elements to generally increase the cal/mg content of the solution or supplement one element to bring it to a balanced ratio before adding further cal/mag to increase the overall concentration.

4 Likes

I would.drop your ph to between 5.8 and 6.2. You are running PH to high bud.

4 Likes

thanks waiting on a new ph meter today thought that was what it was just wanted to get a consensus

2 Likes

appreciate all thde input thanks

1 Like