Week 4 Flower Deficiency

Howdy y’all, I’m back again!

I’ve noticed these spots developing on one of my plants. I want to say it’s a magnesium deficiency, but wanted to see what other more experienced people think.

pH is 6.5, and I’m feeding Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Grow A and B as my base. I’ve been feeding 5 mL/gal of General Hydroponics CalMag Nutes.

I apologize in advance for posting my images with the logo on them, but it’s to hopefully prevent anyone from stealing them and using them without giving credits.

3 Likes

let it progress before worrying…aka LITFA. :v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

R u using the ph perfect?

Calmag… I had a buddy suggest that very thing when I was seeing this… I had misunderstood how to use it. and here is what I found should be done.

Veg: 1/2 tsp per gal
Flower: 1 tsp per gal
both are weekly.

Most calmag’s are called Calmag+ and the plus is usually Iron. Mine also has an NPK of 2-0-0 feeding them a wee bit of Nitrogen along with etc etc…
Seems to really keep these deficiencies under control too…

I also went to a powder on this one… goes much further. luck

1 Like

Sure am. I’m not sure if the calmag I’m adding fucks up the pH however, because I usually have to use pH ^ to get it to a nice 6.5

Yeah, this is the second time I run into Mag issues at flower. I forget, but on the previous grow that had the same issue I was recommended to put Gypsum in the soil to help with mag?? Not entirely sure though.

Stop adjusting your ph. That’s your problem. Use ro water. Stop cal mag. I use full line advanced nutrients sensi ph perfect. I have a rep as well in that department. Ph perfect has a chelated formula. Adding adjustments sends everything outta wack. Even if it says 4.5. Or as high as 7.6. Do not adjust it. Trust your nutes. And it comes with a boat load of calcium nitrate and magnesium naturally in the base.

3 Likes

I never typically give advice. But the ph perfect line is my ally 100%. I should be able to answer 95% of any questions asked

1 Like

Personally I like to keep my PH between 5.8 and 6.2. What is your medium?

1 Like

I looked at my prior emails with AN and saw that they distinctively told me to cut the calmag once I incorporate the bases. Definitely slipped my head…

I’ve heard that the pH meter will read incorrectly and that it will actually be 6.5 automatically, but that doesn’t make sense. pH is pH, there’s no “hidden” value…(That I know of). I use a Milwaukee mw102, and there were no issues with the PH Perfect at lower doses. The meter read 6.5 and I didn’t have to add pH + or -. As I started increasing the nutes in my feeds, the pH slowly became more and more wonky. I checked the calibration of the meter and it was properly calibrated.

Now, I’m not saying that my instrument is the creme de la creme, but it’s definitely reliable. It’s able to fairly accurately measure the pH of liquid solutions. Hopefully you can explain their pH theory better, but until then I’ll continue to correct the pH.

1 Like

Howdy Doug!

I grow in soil, I’m specifically growing in Happy Frog as I got a great deal on some bags. I’m down to try different pH ranges though! I’ve just kept it at 6.5 since I started.

2 Likes

No. Stop correcting the ph. Lol. I promise you. Your problems will go away. No cal mag. No ph adjustments.

It’s “ph perfect” for a reason. It’s a chelated formula that allows your plant to intake nutrients from 4.1-7.9. I don’t even use a pen. No problems at all on my end. Great food!

3 Likes

You’re right! They’re supposed to fluctuate! This whole time I was under the impression that it was supposed to remain at 6.5.

1 Like

No ph adjustments. No cal mag. Just follow the schedule

3 Likes

OK, newb question:

Will it still correct the pH of the entire solution even though I’m not using their base nutes at full strength? They recommend 16 mL/gal but the highest I was able to get the plants before they experienced nute burn was 8mL/gal.

1 Like

Yup. It will correct as light as 1ml per 2liters.

2 Likes

I use it to flush the last week. Real real light feed. Usually 1ml per gallon during flush. A and b. I don’t use flawless finish. That’s about the only thing I don’t use. All it is, is light base imo lol

2 Likes

Glad to see @McKushin has talked some sense into you

Yeah those PH buffered nutes fluctuate nicely and do thier thing, u just chuck it on the flower garden outside once a week or whatever the schedule says for your system type etc

Don’t mess with it

Also to your original question, looks like it could be wind burn, pH issues (most likely seen as you been messing with it) or calmag type deficiency? However honestly stress less farmer, ya see it’s a plant dying slowly trying it’s hardest to have sex.
The trick is to deprave the thing of any pollen (sperm in the animal kingdom) so it continues to make it’s flowers larger and more appealing to the males.
Finally we flush it so it’s cannibalizes itself a bit and rids it’s flesh of the bitters before we chop it down dry it and smoke a bong.
Just enjoy the show like the rest of us sadists and have a toke when she kicks the bucket

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge… I would still be doing the same thing if it wasn’t for you! Appreciate it.

2 Likes

No worries man. If I know I can help. I always will. Have a great weekend!

1 Like