Landrace Expansion & Trade

awesome pic!

3 Likes

With the post office running slow I’m not buying na seeds

2 Likes

Here’s a couple pictures of Kullu , a couple have been harvested, and a couple are close.

Just one test smoke, but surprisingly strong.

16 Likes

Afropips Malawi. Couple smokes. Excellent potency on one of the two I tried, picked at 14 weeks. The best two have not dried yet. 15 weeks (104days). A day shy of the old Afropips description. Very uppity smoke. Good social weed. Not grown to their full potential, and still a keeper in my book. Flavors will develope with a proper cure, but already has some good taste, and a bit of cinnamon on exhale. Not much to the buds. True sativa.

18 Likes

It’s one hell of an accomplishment to run Indian and African lines outdoors this far north. Beautifully done, brother.

12 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Vietnamese Da Lat and Black

Thanks Diggy. I’m happy with the results, but I could have done better. Next time I’ll grow a clone from an older plant. It is alot of work, but I’m smoking plants I’ve only read about in books and magazines. A dream come true. A light dep greenhouse would allow bigger plants to be grown in the ground, and I will certainly go that route when or if NY complies. But, until then, my tired ass will be carting plants in and out everyday so I can enjoy the medicine that suits my body the best.

10 Likes

Many hands make light work. ( or less expensive seeds in this case) nice to have multiple people interested!( regarding viet da lat and viet black)

7 Likes

Really, a LINK TO SOME SEEDS… Who thinks they have the right to tell you that a public web address cant be shared? Is it his personal web page or something? :shushing_face:

Probably a grifter trying to cash in on people?

$400 For Vietnamese seeds is way over priced.

1 Like

Mmmm, I miss the licorice Durb. Mel Frank selling real-deal licorice Durb, but the shipping is like $50usd, which is like $65 CAD, which turned me off.
West Coast BC Hawaiian Sativa as I remember was a 11 week flowerer that has strong menthol taste to it (Federation Seed Co’s Hawaiian Sativa). I miss this plant too.
Respect to @Upstate for running long season gear. A 14 week sativa is a different beast than the typical indicas guys run nowadays. Some long flowering sativas dont like strong ferts.Usually feed em low and slow.
Diggn the foxtailing there @Upstate

ahahaha, ugh. I did that last year @Upstate, running 6 X 5 gallon containers of Roberts Creek Congos up 3 flights of stairs to a dark bedroom. Out at 6 am, in at 6 pm. my elbows and arms were in fancy pain for months after by carrying these 5 gallon containers twice a day. So I get where you are coming from there. Depping requires commitment.
Great job bro.

4 Likes

Overpriced, but almost extinct. Unrelated genetics ( to the other post regarding secret links) I actually understand the secrecy. Some have been burned at other sites by sharing links, having spent hours on research to find genetics that may be important to them, only to watch them get scooped up by others and get left out…BUT, If we all share what’s considered important to us, we will all find what we are looking for, which is why I personally share, and recommend others do as well. This is the Overgrow spirit I love.

11 Likes

I remember reading about Mel’s licorice Durban. Where is that for sale? Are the seeds as pricey as the shipping? That would definitely be real Durban I should think…and the fast pheno, correct? I’d love to try it and compare it to what I have.
Speaking of federation seed company…celestial temple sativa (Ecuador landrace) is available again at Brazilisn seed company on instagram( BSC) This is not Fritz(?)Fritzman(?), but his old partner. I can’t figure out how to order on the website, but I sent him some messages. He has some endangered landraces, and his descriptions are found on seedfinder, where I finally found the strain I grew this summer. The Cabeca de Negro. I looked at the wrong one months ago.( Different company) This one fits. ±95 days flowering, which was dead on for my latest plants. ( Great smoke)
I thought I was the only one crazy enough to cart plants in and out every day. But I had no stairs! That’s an extra effort right there! Thanks for the encouragement. It seems that it was worth it in the end. I have 2 Kullu left, with 16 weeks flowering coming up thursday. They could go that long, but I leave for work before the frost burns off, and I may have to pick sooner. Unusually cold here lately. Barely hit 50 this weekend.

The hardest part was finding out not how much, but how little food they want. Easy to overdose them. But easy to grow once the soil mix was right.

12 Likes

Hey @Upstate, 16 week flowering huh? damn thats commitment. Respect.
I learned on the Silver Haze strain that NPK inputs would feed them w/o using any other nutes. Less is def more when it comes to most long-flowering sativas. On the other hand, I ran those Roberts Creek Congos and they were total N nute pigs. Had to feed em N right up to week 9 of 10 weeks of flower.
@Upstate check your messages for the Mel Frank link bro.
cheers

5 Likes

nice uplifting sativa

15 Likes

I have some great Maui from a Member as well as island Kona Gold and a Poison Maui which is x Transkei x Lesotho heavy Sativa cross.

12 Likes

way back i had some real maui was maybe the best buzz i ever had

4 Likes

Does anyone have any good Thai’s?

4 Likes

favorite strain Thai the old early 70’s /late 60’s stick stuff, whatever that was.

6 Likes

@Instg8ter is the Maui an unruly sativa, or well behaved?
Ive not seen seeds of Maui Wowie for sale ever I think.
Never seen pics of it either. Curious of its overall morphology, flower morphology too.
3X preflower stretch? or is it well behaved?

5 Likes