Landrace Expansion & Trade

Yup kalga will be from me

2 Likes

Join me on chat for a minute Donnie?

Okay what’s up. I’m on discord waiting for ya buddy or do you mean the chat thread

Sorry, I’m not a computer jockey. :relaxed: This is my only social media.

@Donnie theres an overgrow discord?

3 Likes
1 Like

Landraces don’t have any to trade for other landraces but would love to get ahold of something special I do have other trades

looking for
Malawi Gold -Africa
Lambs bread- Jamaica
Durban poison. -Durban south Africa
Malana- Hash plant -northern India

1 Like

Those did not come from my collection no. I was gifted a bunch from Cocogenes but no luck with germination.
3 people have tried. It’s possible they were too old, but my feeling is they will probably be difficult to germinate. Anyone try fresh seed yet? Get any to pop?
People travel from all over to go to Kalga village in Parvati valley area to get treated for bone and joint pain. Very special variety.

7 Likes

If you asked me that 6 months ago I would have had 3 of those landraces for you. Unfortunately I gave them all away with the possible exception of Malana. Send me a reminder after work( after 5 east coast time)and I’ll check for you. What effects do you seek?

3 Likes

You got that remote lmao …that’s crazy though a day late and a dollar short…was reading up on malana and tribes people run leads together to make their hash …Idk man about the effects I’ve never smoked a landrace but hear the high can be wayyy different I’ve watched all these quest for landraces and variety’s it’s pretty Interesting to say the least I will get ahold of yah man I’m in ny o hurry

Hello landracers.

If I may, I would like to ask for some advice about a few “old-school(ish)” strains that have caught my attention, with the aim of narrowing to one, maybe two, that I’d like to add to my garden. All indicas.

Maple Leaf Indica
Hindu Kush
Deep Chunk
Pine Tar Kush

I know there is some geographic and probably genetic overlap among them, so my question is whether any one of these (or any other not listed here) really stands out in relation to the following very general criteria.

Growing-wise: Whatever I end up going with will be grown almost exclusively indoors, but something with the potential of finishing outdoors in the northeast US would be ideal. Relatively short flowering time, and decent yield (more interested in quality than quantity here), are considerations too, but I am more interested in one with a reliable tendency to pass on stoney effects in a cross/breeding program.

Effects: I’m looking for are heavy body stone aimed at sleep (not just relaxation/couchlock/etc, but sleep), without the “morning drag” effect. Furthermore, and relatedly, I’m not necessarily looking for the highest THC kick possible, but for the richest experience.

In short, I’m looking for good medicine for breeding.

Any advice as to which of these, or any other, fits the bill? Secondarily, can anyone point me to reliable sources? I’m thinking Sensi and Mr. Nice for starters, but I’m sure there are other great vendors too.

Thanks!

10 Likes

Hey @Vesti, “Hindu Kush” is a fairly broad term that could encompass several of those strains. It only really means a strain from the Hindu Kush mountain region, which encompasses much of Eastern Afghanistan to Northern Pakistan and Eastern India.

From my personal experience, I would only grow Deep Chunk or PTK to hybridize. They have some good qualities for making hybrids, and very stable pedigree with some good traits for breeding, but there are other “Hindu Kush” strains that I would usually prefer for growing and smoking. I think the MLI seems like a good option if you can find a good one (I haven’t grown it yet). And there are tons of great Hindu Kush heirlooms around. Even World of Seeds, which some people like to call World of Shit has a decent Hindu Kush.

I would probably not choose Sensi or Mr Nice as a first choice for those, myself. And also some of the lowland Afghans might meet your criteria. Here’s some that I have either grown, or that interest me, that are not hard to find:

Royal Queen Seeds - Special Kush #1
Seedsman - Narkush
Black Kandahar / Black Afghani
Bodhi - Cherry Queen (though not a very narcotic variety)
New420guy - Mazar-i-Sharif
New420guy - Post Traumatic Purple
Indian Landrace Exchange - Hindu Kush (might be a little more “wild” than heirlooms though)
Afghan Selections - Anything, but also might be more wild
Aficionados Colorado - Hindu Kush

21 Likes

I would agree with @lefthandseeds he’s a wealth of knowledge in this area.

10 Likes

@lefthandseeds

Thanks for that very informative note and sense of direction.

I’ve heard good things about the MLI, and will probably look for around for that, but put the others you mention on the old radar as well.

Thank you again man, I really appreciate the time and insight.

6 Likes

@zephyr has grown it recently I think. He might be able to tell you a little about it.

7 Likes

It might have also been Northern California Pineapple (Pineapple Thai). Snowhigh makes a couple strains using the Pineapple Thai.

3 Likes

I’ve got some jacalyn ‘f2’. it’s exactly this. it is afghan/Burma genetics inbred for 25 years that’s why I put f2 in quotes. pm me if youre interested.

8 Likes

@District_Flora i tried running two seeds, one seedling didnt look right and got rid of it, the other was a female so i ran it un week 4 maybe 5 in flower and it hermed out bad so i chopped. hoping yours will do better than mine. but like all things ill try again in the future, fingers crossed for you, yes he contacted me asking if i wanted some congo as well but after the Shashamane did the herm i decided to go a different way

3 Likes

Hey @Donnie, do you have any info on the Kalga that you could share?

I got a pack in the veterans giveaway. Sounds pretty good according to @Upstate. Thanks brother!

7 Likes

Hey @GMan , check out this site for the info you seek.

https://www.cocogenes.com/

4 Likes