Landrace Expansion & Trade

@skunkhunt and @royal you are welcome to send me your address and I will send some pineapple thai…commercial strain seeds…if you like.
I would.love some decent lebanese.

3 Likes

Hey @Upstate, I was gifted this pack of Kalga seeds.
By chance, did they originally come from your collection?

7 Likes

I’m trying to find information on both of these strains. I have absolutely no idea what the other one is. lol

1 Like

I Beleive that A11X(F13XA11)F2 is from @antheis

2 Likes

Thanks @4ftfarmer
It all looks like a physics formula to me. lol

4 Likes

@Donnie on the kalga

2 Likes

thats a good one! its an apollo11 back cross with an f13 male outcross. i made f2s of in 2019.

4 Likes

Thanks @antheis !
I’ll add this to my files and when I drop some, you will know.
I just saw where you posted on chat thread about the Jakalyn strain. I was gifted some of those as well and have been looking for information on them too.
I don’t want to clutter this thread so if you want to discuss those strains holler at me on chat or my Greenroom.
Thanks😉

3 Likes

I just went to Leafly. Dang! They said to, pretty much, hold on to something!

Sorry to take you guys off topic.
:pray:

Yup kalga will be from me

2 Likes

Join me on chat for a minute Donnie?

Okay what’s up. I’m on discord waiting for ya buddy or do you mean the chat thread

Sorry, I’m not a computer jockey. :relaxed: This is my only social media.

@Donnie theres an overgrow discord?

3 Likes
1 Like

Landraces don’t have any to trade for other landraces but would love to get ahold of something special I do have other trades

looking for
Malawi Gold -Africa
Lambs bread- Jamaica
Durban poison. -Durban south Africa
Malana- Hash plant -northern India

1 Like

Those did not come from my collection no. I was gifted a bunch from Cocogenes but no luck with germination.
3 people have tried. It’s possible they were too old, but my feeling is they will probably be difficult to germinate. Anyone try fresh seed yet? Get any to pop?
People travel from all over to go to Kalga village in Parvati valley area to get treated for bone and joint pain. Very special variety.

7 Likes

If you asked me that 6 months ago I would have had 3 of those landraces for you. Unfortunately I gave them all away with the possible exception of Malana. Send me a reminder after work( after 5 east coast time)and I’ll check for you. What effects do you seek?

3 Likes

You got that remote lmao …that’s crazy though a day late and a dollar short…was reading up on malana and tribes people run leads together to make their hash …Idk man about the effects I’ve never smoked a landrace but hear the high can be wayyy different I’ve watched all these quest for landraces and variety’s it’s pretty Interesting to say the least I will get ahold of yah man I’m in ny o hurry

Hello landracers.

If I may, I would like to ask for some advice about a few “old-school(ish)” strains that have caught my attention, with the aim of narrowing to one, maybe two, that I’d like to add to my garden. All indicas.

Maple Leaf Indica
Hindu Kush
Deep Chunk
Pine Tar Kush

I know there is some geographic and probably genetic overlap among them, so my question is whether any one of these (or any other not listed here) really stands out in relation to the following very general criteria.

Growing-wise: Whatever I end up going with will be grown almost exclusively indoors, but something with the potential of finishing outdoors in the northeast US would be ideal. Relatively short flowering time, and decent yield (more interested in quality than quantity here), are considerations too, but I am more interested in one with a reliable tendency to pass on stoney effects in a cross/breeding program.

Effects: I’m looking for are heavy body stone aimed at sleep (not just relaxation/couchlock/etc, but sleep), without the “morning drag” effect. Furthermore, and relatedly, I’m not necessarily looking for the highest THC kick possible, but for the richest experience.

In short, I’m looking for good medicine for breeding.

Any advice as to which of these, or any other, fits the bill? Secondarily, can anyone point me to reliable sources? I’m thinking Sensi and Mr. Nice for starters, but I’m sure there are other great vendors too.

Thanks!

10 Likes