Landrace Expansion & Trade

the Spanish would have gotten the strains from the north of Africa ie. Morocco where there is a very long tradition of growing to make hash etc.

6 Likes

has anyone ever laid out a timeline for landraces and their transformations into the foundation first crosses of the 70’s.? And in turn how these new hybrids and their new availability through seed banks and mail order proliferated a once black market with every taste profile under the son.

3 Likes

Ok i will try to remember all mine…assume Real seed co unless specified otherwise
Kumaoni
Johaar
Murree
Kerala
ACE Lebanese grew out and hermied seeds
Magic Herbs Tashkenti (contaminated iwith Northern lights and a f3)
Underground seeds CG72
CBG Mangobiche
CBG chapita de michoacan (probably hybrid)
Friesland heirloom
Mardan
Highland thai
Manipuri( according to rsc two sources)
Urkhul
RSC Rasoli
Kahlifa Rasoli
Kahlifa “northern afghan” maybe what they are now calling Balkh?
Seedsman “Hindu Kush”
Seedsman? African Buzz supposedly ibl of old malawi gold?
“Vintage acapulco gold” freebie
A friend was gifted my nepaljam and will self it.
I also have a worked line of Santa marta from World of seeds stock a friend gave me, he is on f3. I sent him my ACE panamas and some undergrounds cg72 in case he meets a dead end and needs injection of other dna

I also have some interesring hybrids and heirloom wanna bes
Isalnd sweet skunk
Romulan grapefruit
Pineapple thai
Aluna (columbian red cross with 88g13hashplant)
Bubba hash from ACE, currently cloning and repro from mother
Dancehall CBD strain
Zacatecas tribute (cross between zacatecas purple and oaxacan)
Copperchem GPS seeds chem d backcross
I also made my own cross of Island sweet skunk with the tashkenti for a pain killer strain will be running those soon
Im cloning romulan grpfrt too
There May be more its early…yet

15 Likes

Very nice, have you grown out all, very interested in the above Mexican SA strains and anything Thai, and African Buzz sounds nice…:+1:t3:

3 Likes

No, i need to look in into long term storage options, or get them to people who will grow seed
I planned on an outside grow but have new neighbors and am rethinking thst.
I have grown pineaplle thai, lebanese, sensi skunk, island sweet skunk, bubba hash, romulan grapefruit, tashkenti and a malana baby that dnt make it. Right now am cloning the fuck out

3 Likes

I’m your man if you wanna see a few variants and just got this in the mail, may be right up your alley. Here’s my. Grow room journal.

Only using 1/4 of the sq footage I have lights for. Perpetual on a three week turn. Have 18 strains in que.

Also have some hand picked Jamaican from opposite ends of the island. Two variants, x’s I’m sure but very different strains from west to East.

8 Likes

Real seeds sent me me some more Manipuri, Kerala, and Urkhul then sent a bunch of freebies…afghan mix, afghan, and more Rasoli… I now have about fifty Rasoli seeds!

6 Likes

Nice, this is what came in today.

16 Likes

Very cool!

2 Likes

I picked up a pack of Jamaican last year that was like that. i forget the breeder but pics looked nice and it was a cross of 2 Jamaican plants im not 100% but from what iv learned from blue hill and one from red hill. blue hill is twards the west where its known for the more landrace typical jamacian bud but known for poorer growing. Red hill is known for the better bud in jamacia but is more of a modern landrace with heavy european genetics interbreed.

4 Likes

Like to get some seeds from Peter Tosh’s “Kraken”…I’m running a Blue Mountain x Lambs Breath x Columbian Gold now have 2 on second real node. There is a strain called Collie I can’t find much on. What I would remember from early 80’s would not have been pure landrace so I’m good with a future heirloom. Anything close to a landrace would be held close by the various local collectives and would only be gifted.

2 Likes

Iv heard of collie but online the only cross iv ever seen of it in over 10 years is called marley’s collie. If your ever curious on strai genetics “if thats what your emplying” google seedfinder and you can look up any strains genetics if its in the system

2 Likes

Now if you cross landraces together is that more of an modern heirloom strain then?

For example i have seeds from the last bag of reggie from mexico non bricked decent “above average commercial grade basically” i aquired 7rs ago. i grew it out 3yrs ago for shits and gig’s and boy the high was immediate but climbed a lil as it went i was strait retarded sitting on my bed for 15mins then boom high drops of mellows out and dissipates so wouldnt make sence to do a IBL with it

2 Likes

Nycds is that somas NYCD?

2 Likes

Yes, it is .

3 Likes

I’ve got Durban landrace. Won off of Facebook. Will be getting another 100 in a few weeks.

1 Like

Nice, do you know how many days in flower?

1 Like

Did I miss Michoacan somehow? Who has it? Is that what Cheech and Chong were smoking? ( besides Maui wowie and a little Labrador lol)

Seems plausible… but does that explain the racy psychedelic highs of some of the Mexicans, such as Oaxacan, for example? Perhaps a hybrid of the Moroccan with something else?

2 Likes

they usually make hash out of their production
but Morocco was a principal route from Africa to Europe so there could have been strains from much farther south also

3 Likes

an heirloom is just any variety that’s been growing a long time and not out crossed. It’s either 25 or 50 years before it’s an heirloom. I can’t remember right now it’s too early in the morning, haha. It doesn’t matter how many genetics were mixed at the beginning as long as the outcome is crossed to itself many times. modern strains often have an extremely long family tree, and unfortunately not many people take the time to fix traits and create and IBL. the more mishmashed The Strain, the harder to make an IBL that has consistent plants with consistant traits. the Mexican bud you have now sounds a lot like the Mexican I had 30 years ago. 15 minutes soaring high, followed by a munchie attack and a nap. I missed out on a lot that life had to offer when I was smoking that s***. I recommend finding something else. you should be able to have that same effect last hours instead of minutes, with no physical come down at the end. If you are looking for a short but very good high, I have read of Ace seeds Honduras, which has a particular phenotype with a one-hour high, but then drops off to nothing with no burnout. If you’re looking to fix a trait like that it would be a better option for breeding in my opinion.

8 Likes