Landrace Expansion & Trade

Thanks for the info! Will do! Glad to hear somebody’s Moroccans are doing good. mine are still struggling, although they are snapping out of it. Putting them in compost was one of the bigger screw-ups I’ve had recently. It won’t happen again. PS. I’ll make sure to make some seeds as well.

2 Likes

This Males a stud, ready to rock and roll at 6 weeks old …,lol. These may need side trek laces by the time this is over. I’ll get fresh pics tonight at lights out for good color. Reds have gained 6” in same time.

Paws is also running the third, 3- monkey paw and will be doing diary for us.

3 Likes

Excited that you guys may have found a blast from the past in brutal monkey paw! Fingers crossed you find what yr looking for. I’ll get pics of my Beldias too…when they aren’t so embarrassing that is…looking forward to some flowers on those gals of yours. That GG#4
You posted earlier looked killer. I have stayed away from Modern hybrids. Keep posting pictures like that and I might not be able to stay away from them much longer. I’m sure I will get into them eventually, but for now I’m into the landrace’s. If I only wanted to grow 1 hybrid type plant this year, to impress friends, what would you all recommend?

3 Likes

I am the opposite end, Purple Thai is first seed I’ve germinated since grade school…have only run maybe 6 strains LSD,FOG, Sweet Tooth, GG4 the last few years. Mostly assembly line clone and go.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to run those monkey paw, it will be a very fun adventure, . @Instg8ter any advice on them, like veg and flower time, since you have had experience with this strain. I hope to get a female to pollinate, im thinking of running acupulco gold along side it to perhaps make a cross,… would be and interesting one. I do plan on pulling all ac gold males… in order to have only monkey paw pollen on those girls. This will be a fun time :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That would be a good cross to give it back some of the Mexican Sativa lineage that the kush and deep chunk will want to dominate.

Here’s the 411 on the strain:

Kinetic Genetics

Brutal Paw

Original Monkey Paw x Brutal Kush (Katsu’s Bubba Kush x Tom Hill’s Deep Chunk)

In stock

SKU: KIN0024Categories: Kinetic Genetics, Regular SeedsTag: Regular

Number of seeds in pack: 15

Sex (Regular, Feminized, Auto Flower): Regular-Photoperiod

Type (Indica, Sativa, Hybrid):Hybrid

Flowering Time: 9-10 weeks

Yield: Average

Area (Indoor, Outdoor, Both): Both
Now it’s on sale with more freebies…:v:

My #1 s first real leafs came in round, seconds are more kush like. The chunk pheno will veg like cabbage. That’s what my Thai did with its strong afghan x

4 Likes

I was reading up on it, and it does sound like a good cross. Nice thanks for the information on it. Grow on!

4 Likes

I want in on the Michoacán, just for the Chech and Chong reference …and to help @Upstate conquer Mexico…:seedling::seedling::seedling:Have some Acapulco Gold on the way interested in the Oaxican and columbian gold.also.

4 Likes

Man those strains are on my to try list too because of them :rofl:

1 Like

the Spanish would have gotten the strains from the north of Africa ie. Morocco where there is a very long tradition of growing to make hash etc.

6 Likes

has anyone ever laid out a timeline for landraces and their transformations into the foundation first crosses of the 70’s.? And in turn how these new hybrids and their new availability through seed banks and mail order proliferated a once black market with every taste profile under the son.

3 Likes

Ok i will try to remember all mine…assume Real seed co unless specified otherwise
Kumaoni
Johaar
Murree
Kerala
ACE Lebanese grew out and hermied seeds
Magic Herbs Tashkenti (contaminated iwith Northern lights and a f3)
Underground seeds CG72
CBG Mangobiche
CBG chapita de michoacan (probably hybrid)
Friesland heirloom
Mardan
Highland thai
Manipuri( according to rsc two sources)
Urkhul
RSC Rasoli
Kahlifa Rasoli
Kahlifa “northern afghan” maybe what they are now calling Balkh?
Seedsman “Hindu Kush”
Seedsman? African Buzz supposedly ibl of old malawi gold?
“Vintage acapulco gold” freebie
A friend was gifted my nepaljam and will self it.
I also have a worked line of Santa marta from World of seeds stock a friend gave me, he is on f3. I sent him my ACE panamas and some undergrounds cg72 in case he meets a dead end and needs injection of other dna

I also have some interesring hybrids and heirloom wanna bes
Isalnd sweet skunk
Romulan grapefruit
Pineapple thai
Aluna (columbian red cross with 88g13hashplant)
Bubba hash from ACE, currently cloning and repro from mother
Dancehall CBD strain
Zacatecas tribute (cross between zacatecas purple and oaxacan)
Copperchem GPS seeds chem d backcross
I also made my own cross of Island sweet skunk with the tashkenti for a pain killer strain will be running those soon
Im cloning romulan grpfrt too
There May be more its early…yet

15 Likes

Very nice, have you grown out all, very interested in the above Mexican SA strains and anything Thai, and African Buzz sounds nice…:+1:t3:

3 Likes

No, i need to look in into long term storage options, or get them to people who will grow seed
I planned on an outside grow but have new neighbors and am rethinking thst.
I have grown pineaplle thai, lebanese, sensi skunk, island sweet skunk, bubba hash, romulan grapefruit, tashkenti and a malana baby that dnt make it. Right now am cloning the fuck out

3 Likes

I’m your man if you wanna see a few variants and just got this in the mail, may be right up your alley. Here’s my. Grow room journal.

Only using 1/4 of the sq footage I have lights for. Perpetual on a three week turn. Have 18 strains in que.

Also have some hand picked Jamaican from opposite ends of the island. Two variants, x’s I’m sure but very different strains from west to East.

8 Likes

Real seeds sent me me some more Manipuri, Kerala, and Urkhul then sent a bunch of freebies…afghan mix, afghan, and more Rasoli… I now have about fifty Rasoli seeds!

6 Likes

Nice, this is what came in today.

16 Likes

Very cool!

2 Likes

I picked up a pack of Jamaican last year that was like that. i forget the breeder but pics looked nice and it was a cross of 2 Jamaican plants im not 100% but from what iv learned from blue hill and one from red hill. blue hill is twards the west where its known for the more landrace typical jamacian bud but known for poorer growing. Red hill is known for the better bud in jamacia but is more of a modern landrace with heavy european genetics interbreed.

4 Likes

Like to get some seeds from Peter Tosh’s “Kraken”…I’m running a Blue Mountain x Lambs Breath x Columbian Gold now have 2 on second real node. There is a strain called Collie I can’t find much on. What I would remember from early 80’s would not have been pure landrace so I’m good with a future heirloom. Anything close to a landrace would be held close by the various local collectives and would only be gifted.

2 Likes