Landrace Expansion & Trade

I knew that was coming! LMFAO! that offer certainly tests that statement lol!

3 Likes

What’s the difference between that one and the White Widow? I have a friend growing Black Widow Outdoors this year. I didn’t think it would finish. You think it will? We have until about October 10th to 15th

2 Likes

When greenhouse split in half, Arian kept all the original names but the genetics changed.

Black widow is the original white widow.

7 Likes

Thanks. I don’t think it will finish then. I saw a white widow late in the season just starting to flower ten years ago. No way it finished. Too bad.

1 Like

If they can start flowering a couple weeks early with some sort of light deprivation, sometime in July, they’ll be fine. Whose got a new fridge or stand up freezer with a shiny new cardboard box? Lol

5 Likes

Isnt this Off topic since a while
I hunt Genetics, its pretty Timeconsuming to scroll .

I know, its abit a Problem of the Algorythm, if one clicks on a Memeber and wants to Speak private, it often then places the Anwser into Thread.
I found out i have to click on a Members Profile and later click on Messages, so it becomes a private Talk.
I STILL like the Algorythm , sice once one figured that out, it can lead to a certain Variety tho.

i dont know if im the only one feeling that way, dont hear on me…

IF you wanna rave about legandary Strains or Effects that you miss, it may (rather) fit into : Seed Wishlist (seeds you want to buy)

1 Like

That is fair. I tend to use the terms landrace and heirloom as one in the same.

Okay, constructive post on topic:

My two favorite Rajasthani Kashmir so far. I was expecting a much lankier plant.
The other 4

10 Likes

I’ve grown black widow. It took all of 10 weeks, some phenos closer to 12 weeks. Definitely more sativa than any other ‘white widow’ line I have grown. :v:

7 Likes

Diggy, what do you expect for a flowering time on those?

1 Like

I’m not sure. Found very little information pertaining to it in any indoor grows.

Based on the climate, I’d think they would be relatively short flowering for their latitude.

3 Likes

Hey @Diggisoze, i didnt mean you in particullar, i ment since a Month the Thread was “raving about`s” and pretty unrelated Stuff. But its just my Feel, no Idea… Its pretty heavy to scroll on overgrow

Post the Heilooms

5 Likes

Sweet! Please keep us updated! I have a pack of these, and I was worried about the flowering time being to long to run with the other standard 8-10 week cultivars.

5 Likes

I know what you mean.
The search function is ‘a little twitchy’ but I find it comes up with some useful info if I work at it. Scrolling through long threads is a ‘tough slog’.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I wish you were wrong.

1 Like

Here are some Beldia pics. Crazy growth spurt! Edit… that was anti climactic. Pics coming soon lol. Dammit. I’ll get it.

3 Likes

I received an old film canister of beans. I know it didn’t mean they are viable but there’s probably 400 seeds. They’re from a non dirt smoker in the VA mountain region.

Best way to try to pop possibly 30yr old cannabis seeds? I’m just trying to ascertain one female to see if there’s gold in them thar hills. Any help is much appreciated. I’ve been looking for a true potent indica and a true sativa.

I’ll trade donate whatever. I’m really just a cannabis lover who tries growing what most people wouldn’t give a second thought. Thanks yall.:blush::v:

8 Likes

Good luck with those old seeds! There may be some important genetics in those. Sometimes those old seeds can be stubborn, so to improve your chances for germination pre-soak the seeds using carbonated water and add a bit of fulvic acid and food grade hydrogen peroxide. Scuffing the shell can also help water pass through an older seed’s tough outer shell. Line a matchbox (or other small container) with some sandpaper and put the seeds inside and shake vigorously for 30 to 60 seconds, then remove the seeds and germinate. The small micro-abrasions may not seem like much, but they are sometimes enough to let water breach the shell and trigger germination. If that doesn’t help then there are other more drastic measures you can take, such as slicing the seeds, or removing the ridge. Have fun!

5 Likes

A good time honoured question, one many threads have wrestled with… :laughing: :rofl: :star_struck:

https://overgrow.com/search?q=germinating%20seeds

One of those ‘ask 10 people and get 10 answers’ questions…

Cheers
G

7 Likes

I’ll run some through the plant mill and give you some seeds of a cross I’m working on if you’ll grow them, no garbage, Black Pearl mother x’d to Afghani kush (purple pheno) .

6 Likes

PS: I am running 35 year old seeds from a commercial farm with 90% germ rate first two females shooting hairs now…a nice RKS would be a good find.

8 Likes