Landrace Expansion & Trade

I wonder if ‘supercropping’ in the last week of flower would do that. I may try a branch or two next harvest

1 Like

@Instg8ter would you be interested in doing a Chocolate Thai F2 preservation run? I have a pack
to donate.

8 Likes

Interesting note on girdling…

I’m wondering if contemporary techniques are considered an “alternative” to such “Girdling”…by vigorously flushing the grow medium over and over with pH’d neutral or distilled water towards the end of flowering you leach those same nutrients out thus forcing the plant to catabolize nutrients from within the plant. As Chlorophyll fades you see those changes in the flowers

4 Likes

I would love to, how many days does she go?

4 Likes

I have a few AC’s going. I will try one for sure thanks @AllOra:metal::sunglasses:

Experiment is called for, then.

Before: OHuck, non-smiley pheno. Just beginning fade.

Gonna cut a strip leaving the low nodes alone. See if above and below differ.

Note: since OHuck isn’t a landrace, I am going to move this experiment to my my garage .

14 Likes

There we go , let’s see what happens, that things a rainbow as it is. I love seeing you solo cup finishes…actually the only true Acapulco Gold I’ve seen looked like what I know now as pure Sativa spears with some of the spear thin sugar leafs left and curled like hay. Trippiest ever though. Couldn’t even get people to try it , it looked so airy and hairy like nothing we had seen at 16. And was bright gold.

4 Likes

Not only would o preserve it , I’ll probably pollinate half my crop with it. And sure some others would love that Thai fairy dust to sprinkle some girls!

6 Likes

I personally have not grown it, but checking seederfinder.eu +/-74 days. Send me a pm and I will get these out to you. These are 13-14 year old seeds.

4 Likes

Do you know breeder?

2 Likes

Piper i bought Aluna from bodhi…columbia red hashplant cross…will let you know if i ever get them running

2 Likes

You have me drooling, next time give me a little warning so I can grab my bib :wink:

1 Like

OG the breeder.

13 Likes

ABC seed run completed a little while back :slight_smile:

6 Likes

6 Likes

I loved your the vacuum sealed bags so much I’m doing that now too. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Howdy @Bob13 . Hope everything is well with you. I have to say I am really enjoying the way the Beldia (* moroccan) from Khalifa genetics’ is performing. To what extent there is any mold resistance remains to be seen, but we just had week of heavy rain, and I only found one spot of about a centimeter with some stem rot on one of the four females I have. They are currently in 4 gallon containers, and have been for about a month give or take. They have grown 5ft in that time, and are now six feet tall, which should be pretty close to their finished height. The flowers are about the size of a pinky nail, and I have done nothing to force them to flower. I really think this is a great variety to work with in the UK, despite any mold issues, which can be overcome with some breeding. They are holding up far better than my rsc Lebanese did, tho they were grown during our wettest summer in 100 years, and I think they deserve another shot

11 Likes

Interesting leaf shapes.

3 Likes

Very pretty leaves. @Instg8ter was right, they grow incredibly fast. And they do have branches that are bigger than I was expecting. We’ll see if they get any longer, but I feel like if I had topped these plants, they probably would have bushed out a bit. If they get any taller I will have to tie them down, but I just really wanted to see what their natural structure is. I’m doing the same with all landrace’s. As much as possible, just let them be what they want to be for as long as I can, or until I have a feel for their natural structure.

2 Likes

I do the same with one top from node 6 back to node 4 to control stretch.

2 Likes