Landrace Expansion & Trade

I just read about this cultivar on their website and it sounds awesome! Sending good vibes your way in the hopes you find what you’re looking for

1 Like

FYI, I just received an email from them that they plan on releasing the selected line in 2023. Exciting!

from the freak bros comix in the '70’s

“Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope.”

― Gilbert Shelton as Freewheelin’ Franklin

5 Likes

Dude, are you sure you want to post your email address, which also appears to be a first and last name?

5 Likes

Very cool yet sad story. Bet you got something special.

good call!!!

1 Like

@Upstate Still seeking Nigerian landrace cultivars?

2 Likes

Good one. I was just thinking about ordering those myself.
@US3RNAM3 definitely interested in any pure Nigerian

2 Likes

Two MTF 74’ are getting ready for a topping at 7 nodes back to 5. I’ll try and keep toppings wet in flower room to get a sex on them. Should have a few compatible males around if we get 2 ladies. Otherwise the lady will get pollinated several times with brothers dust.

13 Likes

How was your germ rate with these?

1 Like

2-3 on the last of them, traded some away but they did have problems with prior runs shedding helmets. Started with 12 All large but pale seed from ‘74 BX preservation by ACC. Seem to be going good now one did damp off and whither. Leafs all have a very distinct variegation to them. Love to see pics if anyone else has grown the ACC plants out.

3 Likes

I’m lost on this great website. I think I’m in a PM and I’m public. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I discovered that yeast could consume their food easier when I broke it down to nano size. Eating more meant converting more to alcohol . I am assuming that the microbiome supplying our plants might also appreciate their food cut up into smaller chunks so they too could wolf it down. Happy microbes happy plant. I was looking for someone with an indoor set up to put their plant mix through an ultrasound to see if it made a difference. I do outdoor just popping seeds now. I did come across a family business that was selling Neem oil , they had put it through an ultrasound to decrease particle size to have it get through the cell wall on plants to prevent mold and mildew

8 Likes

Oh cool. Thanks for taking the time and ‘breaking it down’. That is super interesting. I don’t know anything about chopping things up at the molecular level, but it does make sense. Especially when you put it that way ‘chopping up the food’. Thanks again for taking the time and keep up the ingenuity.

1 Like

Way cool with the neem. I wonder if you can feed it to your roots. If you could make a Neem Beer to feed. I only have a couple beers a week and usually in my garden with my plants. One week my two big cans were too much so I spilled a 1/4 can on my favorite and boom, and the plant loved it. With all your feeding experience you probably know the limits. I’m planning on getting into better feeding methods this year. I only have to follow you around for a bit and I’ll get it because you know your SHIT, literally. Right now I’m only winging it with my natural grow. My 2nd and 3rd times around with my used soil is working well. I feed Banana Tea and Fish Emulsion for the most part and this year I’m going to make a bubbler and experiment. When I get to the hands on part I know which Old Hippy to get advice from.

1 Like

So who is currently growing a pure landrace with the intention of making more seeds for preservation ? I have some mazar I sharif going atm , some paki chitral kush drying and am thinking about starting some eastern Manipur Burma or lolab valley kashmir.
Curious to see what people have going and might be interested in trades. also if you have already ran and are holding a bunch of beans of a landrace speak up.
I notice this is a expansion and trade thread, maybe we need a list of who has what to trade so people could start expanding there collections.

11 Likes

i think the only landrace i have in my collection is the bahia from brazil that corey handed out before he split, not really sure when ill be able to get to those at this point honestly, the “to do” list for growing is long and getting longer.

4 Likes

Ill have Oaxaca, Acapulco gold and Lements, running all of them in the fall, when temps are easier to control. They’re out there and Kudos to the members who take the time to do this work and share with this community.

5 Likes

I’ve got a few. Tiger berry repro drying, arakku valley, Lama Malana, and a few others tucked away somewhere :+1:

7 Likes

I got several, balochistan dasht hierloom including phenos, quetta city landrace and tirah valley hashplant, along with afghan hierloom strains including agha maruf selection and skunk kandahar

4 Likes