Landrace Expansion & Trade

This is early in flower and if cold is applied throughout flower the buds will dry black in the bag. Having a bag of black sticky weed is impressive.

1 Like

If I remember right the Odisha Valley like about 14 hours of darkness to flower. Those were some tough ones. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Has anybody got reproduction beans from RSC’s Mango Thai, or any of their Greek accessions? I’ve got more Highland Thai than I know what to do with, as well as some of their Himalayan and Middle Eastern stuff to share…

4 Likes

Yeah they are certainly in no hurry to flower. We were recently hit with a hard freeze, which is not typical for where I live, so they had to go into my garage. The benefit there is that they can go into absolute darkness and I might be able to try out 14/10. Thanks for the tip!

The tallest is finally showing male flowers, so I’m feeling good about a repro!

4 Likes

It’s my breeding work.

1 Like

@boatbum325 Not sure if your still looking but I’m ready to start growing again. I’ve been storing some Snow High stuff from a few years back that I had good success with. I’ve got a separate jar of old beans that were apparently native Michoacan grown here in NoCal in the late 70’s, was hoping to cross with some of John’s strains. Never got around to it.

Looking to trade now, if anyone has something interesting. Would love to find some legit Hawaiian strain or an interesting hybrid blend.

Cheers!

13 Likes

I’ve got a Garlic bud female I crossed to a Hawaiian Sativa. First day of flowering pic here in August

I’ve been looking for Guerrero, that Acapulco Gold x Punto Rojo would be cool.

I’m breeding this now AG and Punto Rojo Gold phenotypes. Be cool to cross what I have on BX to both. :thinking:

16 Likes

Hey man,

Do you know DesertHeartGardens? He sent me a photo of the same plant.

How did that mix turn out? Any bud shots?

We can probably work something out, give me a few days. Also what else do you have at this point?

Cheers!

1 Like

He was the one I got them off who made the cross with them @Ratbastrd :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Yea thats what I figured. All good.

1 Like

Figured in the spirit of greater landrace expansion, I would post a giveaway of a pack of mixed purpose Nepalese seeds from RealSeedCo.

Random winner selected Sunday evening.

Hopefully I can wikify this post for sign ups, add numbers as necessary:

1. @SEMOActivist :us:
  2. @royal
  3. @djtrip :us:
  4. @matos420 :canada:
  5. @cannaology :us:
  6. @MikeyMeteor :us:
  7. @allotment :eu:
  8. @TricycleOfDoom :canada:
  9. @Aero :eu:
  10. @Nugslinger :canada:
  11. @Piter :es:
  12. @bonghopper :ireland:
  13. @Conitl :us:
  14. @wotcha :uk:
  15. @Scarlyle :us:
  16. @420noob :us:
  17. @THCeed
  18. @Tao :us:
  19. @catapult :us:
  20. @Tejas :us:
  21. @FeloniousMonk
  22. @Movement13
  23. @Green_Light :us:
34 Likes

Nice !!!

Very timely - your give-away.

I am running Himalayan seeds this year - from India, Nepal & Tibet

11 Likes

@Magu …mixed pack of Nepalese if you’re inyerested :slightly_smiling_face:…nice 1 @US3RNAM3 :pray:

4 Likes

Good stuff @US3RNAM3 , that a mix of Nepalese strains, or a named accession RSC offer? Will be keeping an eye on your Himalayan grows @royal , Tibetan especially, got them started? Where’d you find Tibetan?

3 Likes

How’d your Moroccan smoke in the end?

1 Like

Thanks for the chance for some great genetics. I love how everyone always leaves me my favorite number on sign-ups.

1 Like

literally labeled ‘mix purpose Nepalese’

1 Like

I’ve called them Tibetan, as they are from the North West of Nepal right on the border - got them in a trade years ago - far and away the smallest size beans I had…

1 Like

Amazing - just what I was looking for
Quite mellow - very sativa

4 Likes

Here is what RSC had to say about Nepal Multi Purpose -

Description

Genetics: Multipurpose Himalayan Cannabis Landrace
Sourcing: The Real Seed Company, Myagdi, Winter 2022
Purpose: Charas (hand-rubbed), seed, fibre
Latitude: 29° N
Harvest: late-September to early November
Height: 2 to 6 metres outdoors
Aroma: Floral, citrus, ‘hashy’
Characteristics: Vigourous, hardy, resinous inflorescences, long internodes, CBD
Grow type: Outdoors, greenhouse

An authentic multipurpose Himalayan cannabis landrace cultivated for fibre, seed, and hand-rubbed charas – similar to accessions offered as Johaar and Kumaoni.

6 Likes