Landrace Expansion & Trade

I like Indian Land race exchange and real seed company alot , there are a few others but they see to have the largest selection with the most documentation about the exact areas there varieties are from.
As for germination success I’m going to start exploring that here shortly starting with some lolab valley Kashmir.

13 Likes

I also like real seed co, but I should mention their germ rates have been very hit or miss.

When you buy their stuff, plan for low germ rates-- make seeds with the healthy plants, and make your own stock with better viability.

Knowing that I bought extra, but none of my kumaoni or malana were viable.

It has been disappointing to spend time, money, and grow resources on an entire line which is not viable… but when you do get healthy plants from real seed co stock, the genetics are great and it kind of makes it all worthwhile.

11 Likes

yeah that’s part if the reason I collect so many genetics and keep them in a dedicated fridge , I fig alot won’t be viable but the ones that are will be worth the gamble.
Spent almost $200 on a pack of DJs gear and only got one healthy plant. I’m sitting here looking at it like you $200 doller lil mofo you best be a incredible male or a real kick ass girl , no pressure lol watch it become a herm to realy give me the finger :rofl:

21 Likes

That was a sad bit of truth, but fucking hilarious nonetheless. It better be Superplant!

That’s a rough one. The wild Himalayan stock is extremely difficult to germinate. Some of his stuff is reproductions now and the germination rates on those are very good. I have Malana seeds if you want some… planning on sending them in before April to be spread around. I didn’t get enough seeds for a legitimate seed run. I got around 800, but probably only five or six hundred of those will be good. Lots of seeds fell off the plants last year, and I’m hoping what comes up this spring will make it further into the flowering cycle. Mid September last year we had five very heavy frosts in a row. It stunted the plants for several weeks, effecting seed/bud growth. Some of the seed shells are a bit thin, and out of the nine seeds I tested only six germinated. But they damn near jumped out of the plate. Never saw such vigorous Little Sprouts.

11 Likes

Looking for mexi gear. Happy to trade and whatnot. I have some crosses with mullumbimby madness and some other random stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll have Oaxacan seeds in a few months if all goes well. Progress will be posted in Central American Landrace thread. Any pure Mex is hard to find.

13 Likes

the H.O.G. seeds I have going are very strong growing :slight_smile: I am so happy with

them now to get them to finish will be the trick

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

6 Likes

Appreciate the reply! Do you know anything about the oax? Is it the boel line?

I have a few mexi things, including rccolas copalita i have to try germinate and repro.

I honestly thought it would be heaps easy to get some considering the mexi brick thats come up into the US. Only speculation though honestly, Im not in the US and have never visited.

4 Likes

Any plans for a reprp? Is it the 79 HOG line ive seen around a bit?

2 Likes

Get some pics up on the Central American thread…

4 Likes

I think that’s the one he is growing. It was from strainly. I picked it up too. The one I have going now is originally from cryptic labs. 12 to 16 weeks flowering. Same time as the other one. They’re still bricks coming up into the states, but it’s all hybrids at this point. Nothing pure anymore.

7 Likes

I got them from a vendor on strainly the branding was Alter Ego

so more than likely a rework

they seeds were huge and I did drop a northern lights x Mexican sativa and those seeds

were huge also

it is the year of Sativa here in Crazytown NY

be safe and plant seeds

Dequilo

7 Likes

and you know I will :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just scooped a pack of that HOG from alter ego as well, stoked to see how it performs. I’d never heard of alter ego but i’m a sucker for heirloom Mexican varieties and it was so inexpensive I couldn’t resist :slight_smile:
I’ll throw some pics up once I grow em out for sure, probably gonna pop the seeds next week. never grown oaxacan before but if it’s anything like the heirloom michoacan I have I’ll be more than pleased

4 Likes

I planted only 5 as I have lots of stuff going :slight_smile: but they were the first up and went 5 for 5

so I am please and cheap they were

all the best and plant more seeds

Dequilo

7 Likes

Make sure you post any pics in the Central American landrace thread. Also, if you have any pictures of Michoacan I’d like to see them there as well. That’s one I haven’t been able to find. Not in regular seeds anyway.

6 Likes

Will do! The Michoacán I have is a cut from a local preservationist (old world organics/landrace preservation society), and its outstanding. It’s linebred a few generations outside Mexico to bring down the flower time to 13 or so weeks and is my favorite plant to grow and smoke. Super clear headed and creative but not zippy than a Colombian, smells like straight up pine and petrichor. I’ve been considering hitting the dude back up to see if he’s willing to part with some seed stock- if that happens I’d be happy to send some your way!

13 Likes

You must be near Oregon then? Old world Organics has some great looking stuff. I nearly picked up their Malana, but decided to acclimate that landrace myself. I’d love to pick their brain about how they were able to find a faster flowering plant. Whether they just grew hundreds, got lucky, or they grow it long enough at their latitude for it to begin to finish properly. I haven’t heard anything about their Michoacan , probably because it’s only in Clone form… that would be awesome if you could score some seeds.

7 Likes

Yes indeed! Been here for 6 years though I’m originally from NY, and I love it so much it’s so gorgeous.
My understanding is that his Michoacán was from some inherited seed stock collected in Mexico, then open pollinated in the PNW and then a few generations of intense selection. It’s the head breeder’s pet project and the hard work really shows, super stable and did well under LEDs indoors with some training. I have their cut they run at the farm but Im sure there’s seed stock someplace based on how long he worked the line.
Funny, I almost got their malana too before coming to the same conclusion :slight_smile: lmk how that works out for you!

5 Likes

I have three Chapita de Michoacan running, not sure on source…,

6 Likes