Landrace strains - general thread

I dont know. I think theyre not online since long Time. Never seen before. I would buy it.

1 Like

the landraces I would like are Jhelum basin neelum Valley Kashmir, maruf khandahar, arghandab khandahar, manar Ghazni, pure Afghani, purple mexican landrace, packi chitarl kush, Hindu Kush.

4 Likes

Yes they can. I have seen dozens of farmers who went bust sell their land race and 90ā€™s genetics to Advanced nutrients aka Bayer. I donā€™t mean this argumentatively. I have been there tryin to buy them myself and lost to big pockets everytime.

1 Like

I mean they canā€™t patent these landrace strains. They can grow them.

2 Likes

Understood.

1 Like

A lot of the Indian landrace Exchange offerings sound really neat. A bunch of us are looking into some of those ourselves . Welcome to OG. Lots of great people here.

6 Likes

Thanks upstate, been a grower and a breeder for a long time just wasnā€™t into this technology racket

5 Likes

Me neither LOL. Technology is good for some things I guessšŸ˜. If you havenā€™t, check out Cocogenes and Indian seeds97 for other Indian Landrace and heirloom varieties.
Khalifa genetics and Landrace Mafia too. All on IG.

6 Likes

Please tell me that they didnā€™t patent these geneticsā€¦ Iā€™m just going by the information Iā€™ve been able to get so far, but if you have first-hand knowledge of them patenting a landrace it would be some scary shitā€¦ did they just buy the land race varieties or did they actually patent them?
Theyā€™re pretty good at getting around existing laws. So far all the old vegetable varieties have been safe. You would think they would be patenting all that old stuff as well if they were allowed to.

1 Like

They will be adding indicators in their genetics like signatures. They do this with every genetic they bully their way into owning. They will not be able to be reproduced. According to the law, if they take the necessary steps to make these genetics theirs, they will succeed. I would hate to live in that world. We will be outlaws again.

3 Likes

Many still are unfortunately.

5 Likes

Oh I know. I still prefer those outlaw farms anyhow. They seem to maintain quality that corporate cannabis hasnā€™t learned about yet.

4 Likes

They are very nutrient sensitive. In my organic grow they hardly need any amendments or compost.

I grow in a very mild organic soil made with native volcanic clay, and mulch as needed with chopped herbs or other plant matter, vermicompost, and mushroom compost.

The lebanese never really need any added compost while they are growing. They can tolerate some mulching, but they thrive with no added available nutrients.

Lefthandseeds runs his lebanese in a very hot hydro solution, but I get the feeling growing the lebanese in hydro or hot soil is like tuning the plants up like a hot rod. The performance is great, but you could blow the engine at any moment unless the air fuel ratio is just right.

If the ph and nutrient ratios arenā€™t kept in perfect balance the plants get burnt or get lockouts.

I think my way is easier but if you have the skill and the labor I bet the results in hydro are great.

7 Likes

Been off the forums for a while with the heat and fires in the PNWā€¦

RSC is a good source for Lebby seeds. Angus also has Kwik Seeds, so they are the exact same source of seeds in the UK. However, I know several that have had their packages from them intercepted by US customs and they arrive empty with a warning from the feds as to what was removed. RSC/Kwik now have a later version of Lebanese Red there now than the ones that I have grown and bred. They throw the two phenos pretty consistently. They smoke the same for me though. Some are more potent than others. CBD seems to be highly variable in any high CBD strain. Ace Seeds posted the results of their Lebanese (said to be sourced from Israel) of 4 different plants and they are highly varied on THC/CBD. The Lebby from RSC that I grew was so early here there was zero rot of any kind. It was all harvested by mid September before the weather turns here in the PNW. They are said to be short plants, but they can grow tall when given nutes and a greenhouse. Like 12 feet tall, with huge dinner plate size leaves (on the indica pheno). The sativa pheno has smaller leaves. I grow all outdoors in soil here though. No issues with any Lebanese, ever. No bugs, no mites, no rot, no PM. Early early harvest. The fan leaves fall off early (starting now) naturally. People tend to think they are nute deprived, but they are not. Look at the vids of weed growing in Lebanon, and they are all buds and no fan leaves at harvest. People mistakenly think that someone has pulled off all the fan leaves (on acres of plants?) but that ainā€™t so. They turn yellow and fall off on their own. Like Jamaican that I have grown. All the nitrogen in the world will not stop that from happening. After drying/curing and made into hash they are ~just~ like Lebanese hash from the 1970s. Same taste, same high. Cold sifted hash like they do there in the Bekaa Valley. None of this hydrocarbon or Co2 extract process stuff.

7 Likes

Landrace Lebby was never that potent. More like 4-9%, and similar CBD levels that can go higher than the THC. Even 13% is way too high in THC for landrace Lebby. I have grown and bred a LOT of it. You can look at the Ace Seeds results online and get an idea of what typical Lebby landrace results are. They list 1%-8% which is accurate. These so called new Lebby landraces are all hybrids, for sure. Save for the LEB27 that is a Danish line that has been bred IBL for some decades now.

8 Likes

I wish I had the same experience with the Real Seed Company LebanesešŸ˜. I had 21 of 25 rot completely, and of the last four, harvested a third of 3 and half of one plant. However, these were container-grown. The next year I had a couple volunteer plants pop up, this time growing in the ground. Eventually, I dug the plants up and planted them in a container. They looked so different from the previous yearā€™s Lebanese I wondered if they were perhaps a hybrid with my Afghani. The buds were tighter, the plants were less leafy, and the most surprising thing was that there was no mold. Now that you mention early Harvest, the Harvest growing in soil was also earlier than growing in soiless. The connection with the soil microbes must be so important for the resistance to mold. Itā€™s not the first time Iā€™ve noticed this phenomenon. Now that I know you have experienced something similar Iā€™ll have to give these another go in the ground and see what happens. Despite wanting to try Lebanese for at least 10 or 15 years, I still donā€™t feel like that craving has been satisfied.
Are you on the west side of the Cascades?

4 Likes

They have genetic markers that they will tie into their genetics so anyone caught using their patented genetics can and will be sued. This is happening now. Call one of us before you start emptying your seed banks. Donā€™t call corporate.

3 Likes

@vinny_verde
Who are they?

1 Like

yeah need to know

1 Like

and @blendmedmedman too. They are different people showing up for corporate cannabis, like Bayer, UCANN, when farms have their auctions or sell off their gear. Its not something advertised but people in the industry can easily keep their eyes and ears open to be aware of growers selling things off. These companies like Trulieve, MedMan and others are out there with money in hand to buy. Its not like I can point out where an when but Iā€™m sure you can understand what Iā€™m saying. I can tell you that a good friend of mine started working like for a big company and it was his job to go find genetics so they can add genetic markers and patent everything they could. They even tried to patent the extraction process. Everyone is trying to take this plant from us. Its our responsibility to protect it.

4 Likes