Landrace strains - general thread

I’m curious, does anybody know anything about cannabis (hemp) being grown in Fujian province of China? I can’t find information anywhere.

I’m moderately obsessed with certain Southeast/east asian countries, including Fujian province, and grabbed some of these off Snowhigh.

It’s been at least two years since I’ve grown any thing hemp. And even then, it was bagseed from Oregon flower. Kind of want to pop these new seeds for the novelty of it.

5 Likes

those fudjian from snowhigh looked really cool! I noticed that any Chinese crosses get densly covered in a creamy and mystic looking Resin.

Look up the Strain Mikado wich i recall includes Chinese, so beautiful

6 Likes

I have that Chinese strain from Beijing Botanical Garden that The Landrace Team carriers. Got one of their N. Korean strains as well. Haven’t gotten around to them and may not for a little while but I can’t wait until I do

5 Likes

Did you get any of the Macau?

2 Likes

They do, don’t they. For cannabis collecting I wish China was more accessible. Its a big country with a long cannabis history.

3 Likes

I don’t think I even saw Macau as an option :thinking: was it the Portuguese one?

Either way, it would be a waste for me. I’m obsessed with parts of Asia but was never big on Macau.

3 Likes

I suppose it could be genetics brought by Portuguese oh, but I’m pretty sure these are Chinese genetics. Macau is just Southwest of Fujian. Green Valley Seeds has Macau genetics.

6 Likes

Hello everyone, I hope this is the best place for this question.

Recently received my order from rsc and lo and behold…freebies! :joy: So single minded I had no idea they were coming.

Anyway, Afghan mix I can savvy but have any of you grown out their Rasoli? No info on the site re. flowering time.

Thanks for your time

3 Likes

if men can do evil they will

1 Like

@GREANDAL
Greandal i have not but have enough to.plang forty acres…lol the rasoli as I understand is a Charas strain. Not a Ganja strain…which means relatively not as potent but very resinous and apparently gets very tall. A grower on another forum said they were 15 foot tall and yields were five gallon bucket of buds per.plant
He was not happy with the texture of the bubble hash…so im thinking it would be a great breeding tool or rso strain?
Again this is only hearsay…

4 Likes

Thank you! This is what I was thinking. It’s referred to as a charas strain everywhere I see it but I can find no photographs anywhere. Suggests to me it’s not attractive. :joy:

Reading you again confirms that. lol

2 Likes

I plan on this for my kids and grandkids also. I want the last check I write to bounce! So no monetary inheritance. Just my house and Shitkicker Shed. And seeds from Poppy’s strains.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

7 Likes

@GREANDAL
I seem to remember they said the leaves dropped as if under watered rather easily even when watered…something like that…just a quirk

1 Like

Those strains sound amazing!

1 Like

I have seen some good pictures of Rasol. Up to 20 feet tall lol, but people have grown it indoors… Many people believe it’s a hybrid of Parvati Valley plants and plants from Nepal, but there is no proof. Terpenes are similar to what you would find in plants from Nepal. Lots of minty and Eucalyptus type smells, and the hash it makes has been known to be purple. T h c tops out around 7% but don’t let that fool you. There are very potent plants with this amount of THC in it. Also has CBD phenotypes and thc-cbd phenotypes. Buds are fluffy but full.

10 Likes

Any love on this thread for ruderalis strains?

3 Likes

If they are landrace, of course. There is some pretty neat stuff out there from Central Asia.
A couple of my cousins grew some of my heirloom midget variety this year. The one cousin flowered his longer than I’ve ever taken one of mine. Ended up with some pretty crazy foxtailing

13 Likes

Thai landrace.

25 Likes

Well, one of the strains I have is definitely legit, wild sourced, landrace ruderalis. It’s from the Kurgan region and I only have like 4 or 5. So that needs to be preserved, desperately. The other thing, or I guess two things, are both from the Bashkortostan region, originally, but were selected and taken to F2 by Guardian of the Lost Terps. I grabbed the “Black” and “Meat” phenos from him.

I really want to do a preservation run with the Kurgan, but I’m apprehensive to start it because I’m afraid I’ll mess something up and lose them forever. :expressionless:

7 Likes

All three of those definitely qualify as landrace. They are all very neat strains, and I think you will find some interest in their preservation. Germination is real tough with these. Thick shells on them.( may have to hand crack these) If you could get them to germinate, it would be hard to kill them afterwards LOL. Tough genetics. Many people here would be happy to help you if needed, myself included. I’m having a brain fart at the moment, but somebody here on OG has experience growing a wild strain from the Crimea. Hopefully he/ she will read this and chime in with some tips @Banquo

5 Likes