Landrace strains - general thread

Ask him. He wrote me and said “it’s the real thing”. I got them from a grower that asked for my help with genetics. He gifted them as a bonus because he was so happy, and said he would lose his pants on a long flowering strain. But the proof is in the plant. Ask “RightAngle” of grow diaries. His current journal is amazing and it’s called “Lambton County”. You could spend a half hour cruising his journal.

3 Likes

I’ve grown khalifa siberian ruderalis, really hardy plant, got a nice stretch, pink pistils and great resin, its a really quick plant, but grows on almost anything, also the high is nice, not high thc, its cbd, but its kinda nice, you feel it numbing the pains in the body, but without overwhelming high.

8 Likes

The landrace team has several ruderalis lines available for those who may be interested

4 Likes

Been wondering about that, thanks for the info…! :pray:

Sometimes one needs a “dad bud” for friends who can´t tolerate high thc, and mixing regular buds with cbd buds does the trick well! Have to give that rudelaris a go some day now…!

2 Likes

Hey ogs, I’ve never grown a pure landrace sativa before. I currently have a huge (for me) Bahia in flower. It took over a month for pistils to really show up. Is this what makes the flower time so long? Anyone else grow this Bahia out? This thing is crazy to me

3 Likes

Congratulations on growing your 1st sativa. Tropical plants have to reach sexual maturity before they begin flowering. In their home climate the days are never very long so the plants have learned that they need to grow vegetatively even when there’s only 12 hours of light… Which is why it takes so long to show sex. One way this can be “quickened” is to grow the plant vegetatively next time while flowering other plants to give the Sativa some age and then get a cutting (off of a most likely very tall and spindly plant that has spent its days in the corner of your grow room) and once established flower the cutting. Because the cutting is older, flowering is triggered faster. I find my cuttings to flower at least 2 weeks faster for 13 to 15 week variety such as you have( 15 i think)
I’d love to see some pictures of your plants in the Central American Landrace Thread😁

8 Likes

Not to diverge from the topic, of note, the latest cannabis studies define cannabis sativa as ONLY being the non-drug hemp species that came from Europe for making rope. All non-hemp species that produce thc are cannabis indica… columbian, thai, african… every drug related variety is cannabis indica.

2 Likes

Would be interesting to see what the OG consensus is on what the ideal archetype of something like an Afghani pant would be (much in the same way dog breeding or cattle breeding contests define the ideal for each breed).
Would help provide a standard for new and old breeders to aim for. Would also enable some awesome competitions :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah I know the latest classification. I’ll be using the old version Until a new one is universally accepted. There’s just too many people that don’t know the new classifications and it only confuses.

10 Likes

The Willie Nelson strain involves Black Vietnamese. And by back-breading Willie Nelson again with Black Vietnamese… they (OSBA) created a high thc Black Willie.

I’ve grown it twice now and love it

3 Likes

@MissinBissin
What’s the high like?

1 Like

@Trowertripper. Could easily become a staple in a busy guys diet. The description of Spicy Citrus certainly fits the bill, but its a smooth Funky smoke that leaves you with a juicy “what is that” richness afterwards. Its a treat thats for sure.
Behind the eyes gears start turning and without any effort, good stuff starts hapnin.

I grew an indoor with a critical height restriction. But that was a teaser. A buddy an hour away, ran this one, in a guerrilla grow… I’m a month into Curing and know the next one gets spoiled in soil

13 Likes

very cool, I’ve had my eye on that one! They’re a little pricey over there though, I’m holding out hoping for a 4/20 sale :joy:

1 Like

@ChongoBongo You are 100% correct about the $

They just had a 50% off promo.

Kind of thing I’d write them a note about… pst overgrow… lol

1 Like

I dont buy into the new terminology

Its like when someone corrects you on pronunciation when you say Green Tara.

1 Like

That’s cool. I live in the moment with my eye on the future and don’t have attachments to what I had always seen as incorrect terminology from the past. The proof is in the genetic loci. If I take a genetics test and it says I am 50% African, 30%Mongol, and 20%persian, it doesn’t matter if I scream and kick and act a fool exclaiming that I am Aryan or --like Sun Ra claimed :joy:- from Saturn… the scientifically agreed upon proof shows clearly I am African, Mongol, and Persian.
:v:

2 Likes

Terminology gets used as a form of elitism and division.

Everyone already know what we mean when we say ruderalis, indica, or sativa.

Like a phd in linguistics said, the point is communication - if the point gets across, who cares how its spelled.

So there is no incorrect terminology, only the judgement thats incorrect

Plus if ya insist on gettin scientifik, sativa/indica has been the accepted scientific terminologie longer than NLD/BLD/NLH

6 Likes

Look at this , just to add some to the conversation

2 Likes

I believe and understand this 100%…except the claim of what everyone knows. I would agree that we have broad generalizations which have now been scientifically proven to be absolutely incorrect.

As for there being no incorrect terminology, I believe that is also debatable. I know some terms used in rap songs that may not be incorrect per-se but they are considered to be pretty judgemental and you would be judged as incorrect for using them if you were not part of a specific social circle. Terminology is judgement. We choose to use words with positive or negative connotations and those connotations express judgement. We all judge everything, just as you have judged my post and decided to express a refutation… similarly to correcting one for pronouncing Green Tarruh as Green Terra :joy: Poetaetoe pohtahtoe

I see NLD/BLD/BLH as clarifying terms that one researcher uses to generalize about the plants he is speaking of, but he has still acknowledged and is incorporating the new scientific understandings and terminologies into his work. So I see no relevance in the length of time he has used his personal terminology as it is not definitive.

We are stuck in the ruts of the divisive language of the elitists who promulgated their formative observations of all the things we know and understand and created the definitions of which some have now been proven as incorrect. The elitists crafted their divisive old world terminology based upon visual generalizations they were able to glean from their observations…similarly to calling Native peoples savages due to the elitists limited understanding of the differences of the intellectual depth and complexities of non-western societies. Luckily science changes its theories once they have been disproven or we would still be using phrenology and believe in spontaneous generation.

Similarly to how most scientific terms have been bastardized and overloaded by a non-scientifically-aligned cannabis community, I cannot say the divergence will not continue… but science does and will change. I could give examples from the mycological world where we still use both old and new terms, but my thumbs are getting sore and I have work to do :joy::v:

8 Likes

…how words are used to create us & them frames…

5 Likes