Landrace team

I am reluctantly writing this b.c i want moar landraces to be accessible.

I have also experienced some dishonest practices when engaging with TLT including a scenario where i asked about a flavor/scent/aroma that was not present in their catalogue only to have them change multiple descriptions within 24 HRS in order to align with my interest.

The above scenario/experience also makes me question how authentic the lines really are if they are just willing to change descriptions to make sales. Then there’s amount of phenotypes in some lines that raises the question as to whether some of these lines are even traditional landrace lines and not some hybrid heirlooms used to fill out the catalogue. Also, no prices on the website is a red flag and many on icrag were pointing out how they were giving you different pricing depending on how much money they thought they could make off of you.

Many major players in the seed game also ripped off others genetics, but these guys seem to have taken it to another level and are extending their shady practices to the customer’s side as well.

9 Likes

Exactly. What someone does NOT say can be just as significant (or even more so) than what they say.

2 Likes

How safe is it to order from other countries. Beings I’m in the US

1 Like

There’s always a chance of losing an order, but nearly all mine have come thru. It’s been well worth the risk. Always double check with someone here and we’ll let you know what we think

1 Like

I know for sure of where they’ve gotten some of their seed and the stories are completely made up.
I know another case where they have mislabeled or misidentified a landrace too.

4 Likes

Yeah I am gonna be iffy lol.

They asked me to Repro their Mazandaran, Iranian lol but instead I’m distributing them to the Freakers and maybe throw some to co-op for the next box.

@Upstate do you remember which landraces it was that they mislabeled?

5 Likes

Yeah landraces are before my time. I’ve only tried hybrids probably :pensive:

1 Like

That’s awesome! I can’t wait! Landrace Warden found a Balochi strain that directly descends from the Persian Kings Garden. This strain, if I’m right, will have at least in part descended from mazandaran. It’s a dream come true to find them both in reach. They are calling me. Uuuuupstate…uuuuupstaaaate
…groooooooow meeee😁.

I was told by someone in the know, but I’m not at liberty to discuss it. South Asian is all I can say.

The time is now😁. While Western countries no longer Import landrace weed, landrace seeds are available like never before. You just have to do your homework to find what you seek.

7 Likes

or find someone who has done their homework and is willing to trade…

4 Likes

Lol. There is that, too😁

3 Likes

I collected most of TLT seeds just to save them from extinction. I know they’re bad people but the poor little seeds are innocent. I figure he does have some good stuff in there and I doubt he can keep them very long anyway because he’s not actually growing it out. It’s why he’s always asking for pics of your plants when you grow the seeds. I think it’s all about intention and there are grey areas. It’s not all black and white out there and doing business with the devil to save endangered landrace heirlooms might be forgiven by the ganja gods…

12 Likes

How did you like the Uganda?

I liked it alot had 2 identical females outdoors they grew tall not many little branches skinny leaves from start tiny calyxes and semi-pearl structure most seeds grew on the outside. Smells where incense with a light berry or plum smell. I fully seeded it and harvested the end of oct. with almost no amber about 50% cloudy buzz was good and clear.

5 Likes

They tried to get my Tajikistan.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised. They’ve gotten ( i know of 2, but likely there are more) a few repros I’ve done.

3 Likes

All this makes me so happy about my Jalisco seed increase co-op run…
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Now that marijuana is legal thailand - any good seed banks their ?