Landrace team

Anyone here have any experience dealing with them?

3 Likes

I dont have any experience that is valuable, but the forum is filled with it and there are tons of users that grow mostly heirloom, legacy, or the elusive landrace.

these are some threads that might interest you

9 Likes

What do you want to know? Prices are getting more reasonable but are still too high. Never any freebie seeds and if your seeds don’t germinate, tough luck.
However their genetics seem to be legit, though sometimes acquired in a disingenuous manner from another company. For this reason if I can find any of their strains anywhere else I buy from that place first. It is always cheaper and sometimes You get the opportunity to support an indigenous farmer directly. It would be different if they mentioned where they got their seeds from, but they give no credit and have even been known to make up stories of how they got their genetics in an attempt to keep their rep clean. Not cool. To top it off apparently the owner does not even smoke weed and is only in this for the money.

19 Likes

Was thinking about buying a few seeds from them, I do notice that you can usually get the same seeds for less elsewhere, but they also carry seeds you don’t see anywhere else. More interested in germination rates and feedback, support.

1 Like

I’ve used Ace and The real seed company. Had very good experiences with both.

6 Likes

You might find some of the things tlrt cary under other names else were. Alot of the rarer stuff has usually been acquired for private use which they then tend to put out without permission and consent of the actual keeper. But agreed some interesting things on there list. As for germination with landraces it can be abit of a risk with small amounts. But most of their stuff id consider as heirlooms and should germinate. Take pictures and document the process if you get a bad batch then insist on some sort of help or remedy to the issue. If not then share your experience on line. As for customer service till you get your package they are usually good.

4 Likes

What upstate said. I was put off by their attitude and the packaging was strictly amateur. Be sure to follow their directions if using PayPal.

4 Likes

I haven’t received my first order from The Landrace team, so there wont be a second. .I’ve been waiting seven months or more.

2 Likes

Landrace means they are running it to you. The ocean must be causing issues for them.

5 Likes

I ordered durban,uganda and png got my order in 1 week durban and uganda legit png first 2 didn’t sprout. Some of there strain are shipped from us and others from Europe I only ordered ones from us.

1 Like

never heard of them “Landrance Team” Do you want some good landrance breeders ?

2 Likes

Good to know

1 Like

Sure do I use ace is my go to

Iirc I saw quite a few posts about them on IC in which people were pretty upset with their business practices and other shits

They seem to lie, cheat and steal
Could be wrong but I don’t think I am

6 Likes

I’ve bought three strains from them, two seperate orders.

The first order went great, shipped quick, but from two different areas. One strain shipped from Oklahoma, and one from Corfu Greece. The packaging was poor, being just a coin shipper, flat cardboard thing. I had their Paki 1975 and one of their Iranians in that order. The Paki was the one from Oklahoma, and I do believe it was a reproduced line over a pure landrace. It was okay, but I didn’t like the smell. It was like stinkbugs, (which I don’t mind), combined with a sickly sweet fruit thing-- which is what I didn’t care for. The Iranian was super dope for lovers of nasty smelling, true old-school weed. Absolutely pure landrace, no doubt, and the smells were so rank-dank… no sweet, little lemon in veg, but mostly it smelled like skunk bologna and hard boiled egg sulphur trash, with some just really old time weed smell I can’t describe. High was okay, sedative, but not a killer by any means.

The second order was their Punto Rojo, which I haven’t popped yet. That one, the shipping took a long time, so I contacted them after around a month, and they said they got the flu and forgot to ship it. But it eventually got to me, so… that’s my experience with TLT.

I’d order again, as I think they are one of a few that offer true landrace/heirloom stuff, but I do think SOME of their strains are reproductions. TRSC/Kwik Seeds and ILE are probably more straight from the source. Ace is great, but I am convinced a lot of their landrace strains are not pure, or at the very least, are heavily worked. And I mean that with as much love for Ace as possible, so don’t anybody think I’m trash talking Ace, because I’m not.

5 Likes

Thanks, that helps a lot. I think I will be putting that order, planning on paki1975 also

2 Likes

The jalisco photos I have seen have really wide leaves. I’m not sure I’m even growing mine out. I don’t know about these people…I was suspicious with he cheap ass packaging. Now I’m like yaa…no…
I will stay with kwikseeds or try snow high

5 Likes

Wow am I glad I came here for feedback. I was just emailing them. I think I’ll pass on TLT and keep looking. Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

The prices are what one might expect from worked heirloom lines but if these are in fact landraces then they require some significant work to reach the heirloom status, no?

3 Likes

I got there Vietnam and punto rojo awile back , haven’t popped them but everything about the order went smooth. Seen and heard some rumblings though about how they have some of what they do.