Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Waiting for envelope.
@TexasTea

7 Likes

golden Tiger (ace seeds)

In Golden Tiger we have combined different extremely potent and resinous sativas from Malawi and Thailand.

The outcome is a 100 % sativa hybrid with great vegetative strength, remarkable for its overpowering potency and its exceptional flowering traits. The flowers overflow, forming dense buds with little leaves. The trichomes are huge, plentiful and loaded with powerful cannabinoids.

This current version of Golden Tiger has stronger Thai influence, is better yielding and has more refined aromas than the previous one.

Concretely, Golden Tiger currently contains 2 Thai strains (Koh Chang Thai and Hmong Thai), and 2 different Malawi parental plants: the Old Malawi

Two different phenos of G T

Tall lanky one….and the medium bushy one…around 6 weeks from flip after 8 weeks veg.!

Regards
P J
image|358x500

24 Likes

not to be pedantic - but it was already established that Ace’s Malawi is not a pure sativa…blah blah blah … please carry on - your Golden Tiger looks good to me :wink:

4 Likes

I am growing both Golden Tiger fem version and Ace’s Malawi fem version now
I had 3 Malawi regulars and the 3 of them were males and the 3 of them made PM here
This Malawi girl also makes PM too easyly and it smells and looks like hashplant, this has nothing to do with a pure sativa. This is fast genetics

Golden Tiger girl is much longer flowering and she has a lot more resistance to bugs and fungus
This girl is a branchy one on the bottom and makes a long top shot as opposed to the Malawi which is a stout columnar
Golden Tiger in fron and Malawi fem in the back for some size/looks comparison

19 Likes

Malawi x PCK

But, GT and Zamaldelica are still one of my favorites

Looks real nice @Panamajock

5 Likes

I’ve grown quite a few Ace seeds over the years.

Majority have been exellent.

One of the best I grew was Red Sapphire a Polly hybrid 65% Sativa.

Most beautiful colors and a great cloner not a landrace, but…good mellow morning smoke
, with nice coffee.!

3rd foto is there Malawi

Don’t think it’s in there catalog now…

Regards

P J

image|500x500

16 Likes

Here is a database that will interest many of you, I know I’m about to spend a lot of time looking through it. This is the cannabis sativa section of a digitization of the archives of Florida’s public university herbaria, along with similar scans they had collected from herbariums at other universities. The least interesting part is the first stuff on the list, which are samples of cultivated test plants grown from European hemp seeds.

The good stuff is lower down: an entire database of samples, all but one from 1955 onward, of wild cannabis from many different states.

The oldest sample in the collection was collected by an M. Rodman in Essex County, New York, 1886:

Next oldest is Poweshiek County, Iowa, 1955:

Then Hardy County, West Virginia, 1958:

Essex County, New York again, also 1958:

Adair County, Iowa, 1964:

And Calhoun County, Alabama, 1970:

That’s just the six oldest, I’m going to look for more of these herbaria archives.

25 Likes

wonderful, i did my third eye meditation over one of the Pictures:
Then Hardy County, West Virginia, 1958
looks like weak weed, but:it looks like very well selected, it gives me smoother vibes.
I have to be honest i never seen such well selected weak cultivars.
Great! i would smoke that to be honest, haha

4 Likes

@romanoweed I looked at that one and went, “well, I guess they did have the dank in Appalachia back then like people say” because that’s a nice looking plant! It seems clear that by the 1980s in a bunch of the samples there’s probably escaped flower cultivars mixed in, the growth looks bulkier, leaves wider and more deeply sawtoothed compared to the older ones that look very hempy to me.

4 Likes

I collected seeds from this patch of wild hemp from a backyard in Nebraska. The homeowner is not a ganja smoker. He said it grows back every year. The seeds are ejected naturally and grow each spring in the same area.

21 Likes

The Cornhusker landrace!

5 Likes

how’s the smell and smoke?

3 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard Just by looking at the dates, and in the report they say: from wild populstions, cultivated samples not mapped, from those details it seemsit has been there for long continous time.

In europe there were rather few wild populations. actually in Germany there was one wich was eradicated by the state. so: its interesting for me, and i find all samples shown look kindof sweeter than the Hemp we use here in germany post-eradication. not bad.

Here some guys even know elders that have old seeds from the old wild weeds.
Im just to bizzy to get them

2 Likes

You’re crushing it with your content DW!

4 Likes

You Know it, mane!!! :rice_scene:

@ChongoBongo Smells slightly like peppermint. Didn’t smoke it. Not enough time. I will know more, this summer. :sunrise_over_mountains:

3 Likes

That was fun to explore…

One repeated error, the lat/log listed for the Ottawa Experimental farm is incorrect. (That’s actually downtown Hamilton… :wink:)

Cheers
G

3 Likes

You know it would be hardy, to say the least.

1 Like

I got more fun for you guys, my partner is a career librarian and archivist and I got her to help me find some more of these old herbaria archives scan databases. Lots of wild and escaped plants and also botanists stumbling on a guerilla grow and saying “take a sample of that too”. Starting off, here’s the 26 results from the UK herbaria central database:

Collected from the Quarry at Clifton in Gloucestershire, England, 1888:

http://herbariaunited.org/specimensearch/?taxon=Cannabis+sativa&taxonid=671&collector=&colid=&role=prov&from=&to=&search=search&Country=all&VC=all&place=&placeid=&Inst=all&sort=start#searchlist

13 Likes

Here’s the big one so far, this is the collected archives of Northeastern US herbaria, there’s a lot here!

This first one is a sample from Quebec, 1972:

1974 Deerfield, MA railyard (a couple collections from here through the seventies :joy:):

This link will just bring you to the digitized entries with available images:

https://portal.neherbaria.org/portal/imagelib/search.php?submitaction=search&taxa=818591

And this one is to all results, which each have a collection location, date, and description in their record notes:

https://portal.neherbaria.org/portal/collections/list.php?usethes=1&taxa=818591

13 Likes

Thanks, mang. I started taking Adderall XR last month for my recently-diagnosed adult ADHD and my research brain is so powerful now after years of muddling through anyways hahaha

7 Likes