Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Thank your anonymous friend on our behalf :pray:, appreciate your gesture but I am more indica leaning … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

These sound interesting, I am game to try.

2 Likes

He doesn’t know any of the details of how these specific seed mothers grew, flowering times, ect, only the region they where grown and came from. He did send me this link, as a reference…

8 Likes

Right on @Tejas . Shoot me a message with an address. :v:

2 Likes

Thanks! It sounds really interesting. I’m in a drier climate but so far things do well here. That one sounds like it’s a good candidate to start now as it calls for up to 16-20 weeks veg. I suppose that’s to get the huge ass tree. Thanks again. Did you like the smoke? peace

2 Likes

Palo santo incense? There’s some gold in them thur hills!!

2 Likes

Right on, Id love to have some of those for the garden ! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Messing about with some mostly Thai genetics, added a pinch of Bubba to quicken and thicken them up.

20 Likes

Sounds like something for my next grow im going for min 14 wks + flower time. I’d like a shot if available. Thanks for the offer @Budderton

4 Likes

Send me an address a PM.:grin::v:

1 Like

Shoot me a message with an address
:grin::v:

1 Like

Have you any thoughts on cannabiogen Panama? I’m growing it right now. Beautiful plant, doesn’t look like landrace sativa particularly. At least not next to my Oaxacan Blueberry which is fairly narrow leaved, but only about 60% sativa. The cbg description says 12+ weeks. It is currently at 4 weeks flower and seems to be progressing toward some nice flowers but doesn’t give me the impression of a landrace. Certainly curated and selected carefully but those wide leaves…
In fairness the Oaxacan father of my bb cross is a string of pearls strain. Pretty sure you are familiar with the plant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@Budderton thank you, I’m interested! I’m in at #8 by my count, @boatbum325 you wanna get in here? I know you’ve been looking for long flowering sativas 12-18 weeks for some Florida haze breeding or something

3 Likes

I’d be interested in some of those sir! If the numbers allow.

2 Likes

For sure @GREANDAL . Shoot me an address in PM . :grin::v:

2 Likes

Right on @Dirt_Wizard . Drop me an address in PM. :grin::v:

3 Likes

I don’t know if I am late. But if not, I never say no to a landrace!

HG!

3 Likes

Ok @Piter , shoot me an address in PM.
That’s all the Odisha Valley seed I have to give out for now, thanks for the interest and a big THANK YOU to my anonymous friend for sending those to me in numbers that allowed me to spread them around North America!!
:grin::v:

15 Likes

Many thanks @Budderton.
PM you. Hope you don’t mind it is outside N.A.

HG!

3 Likes

I gotta get back here more often! :rofl:

Quick update on the KD Koh Tao Purples;

These were started on Dec 17th during monsoon downpours (Yeah, I know…I’m fkn crazy planting on Dec 17th! :clown_face:), went from plugs to solo’s to 1gal airpots to 10 gallon airpots. They stayed in the big airpots up until they just started flowering, stretched and were about to hit the greenhouse roof and so we dug about 18-to-20 gallon holes, opened the airpots to remove the bottoms, re-closed 'em and set them in the holes with a double handful of red wrigglers under each, removed the AP wrapper and back-filled with a mix of my LS and the surrounding dirt. They seemed to appreciate the freedom, greening up a lot and fattening up their buds. I’m not sure if it was the dilution of my strong mix or if it was the much cooler root zone temps? Either way, they are a lot happier in-ground!

I think I’m gonna be seeing a lot more Sativas in-ground around here soon! :rofl:

Also had a buddy hand-carry me some seeds found in a local Thai/Burma border town marketplace in Arunothai, just North of Chiang Dao (which is just N. of Chiang Mai). He felt that these ‘might’ be another landrace strain grown by one of the local hill tribes mostly on the Myanmar side of the border.

I stuck 20 in to soak for 48 hours, 14 showed tails/cracking. I popped 'em in plug trays and by the next morning 12 of the tailed ones were above ground. Now I ‘think’ I tried planting these a little bit deeper than my normal depth, but these are the very first seeds I have not had to help remove helmets and membranes from a single one of in over 10 months!

At least half of these will go in-ground soon (holes dug today!).

Still haven’t even started soaking the Hang Garoke (Squirrel Tail) I have stashed away. But today I reconnected with a very old Thai friend from almost 30 years ago and he’s currently driving down here, expecting to arrive in 2 days time…he’s started a company specializing in Hang Garoke landrace and is from the ‘exact’ area I have been tracking as (IMO) THE most likely source of the Thai sticks we all came to know & LOVE back in the 1970’s! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Okay, bedtime over here! Have a great day OG’ers!
:call_me_hand:

31 Likes