Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

@drgreensleeves, I’m looking for landraces I can pheno-hunt to find a roach I smoked in high school, that was like the start of Mark Blankfields’ first cocaine high in Jekyll and Hyde Together Again. Or some Panama Red that had me watching cute little cartoon characters on the wall make faces at me. Or the smoke I had with a friend before eating lunch at his house, when we couldn’t help laughing our asses off even though it meant his dad would know we were stoned.

In my adult life I’ve been smoking a couple of years and haven’t encountered those highs, though after a tolerance break if I smoke a lot of say Jack Herer I get really ripped - but it ain’t the same.

I’m only starting to explore ganja landraces and heirlooms. I initially started growing hash strains, until I realized that I should have been looking at ganja.

So I guess that’s what I’m looking for…

6 Likes

You might want to talk to @upstate with the long flower sativa Oaxacan that is the old school one hitter quitter but you get high not just stoned great day time night time … Welcome hope you stick around.

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I plan to stick around - I’ve certainly spent more time on this site in the past two days than one would reasonably consider sane.

I’ll ping @Upstate this weekend, thanks again!

3 Likes

Do you mean something like this? If it loads right lol @rasterman yup it did right:) lol so check him out bro killer stuff right here check him out @mahakala I’m pretty sure he’s got what you’re looking for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that. It’s just fantastic smoke that gets you where you want to be every time you smoke. Sliiiiight tolerance build up smoked all day everyday for months on end. I took a forced break recently ( I’m nearly out of Oaxaca smoke…again) and when I smoked it I was surprised how Aggressive the high was from 2 hits. High enough for heart palpitations if Oaxaca was the type of weed that caused them. Thankfully it isn’t :grin: typically 4 tokes is what I like for a great, strong high, and that’s consistent, every day all day. Breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch primer, after lunch dessert, early afternoon, late afternoon, the ride home, when I get home, before dinner, after dinner…well…you get it lol.
Remember OG’s, I smoke almost only landraces.
With that said, I’ve also smoked Ak47, Dutch passion and Pineapple express recently. They are all boring and nothing comes close to a Oaxaca high. But I think if I smoked that stuff all the time it would clog my receptors and maybe I wouldn’t get the same effect I get. It’s strange. If I smoked high thc hybrids all the time, a landrace probably wouldn’t get me very high, with notable exceptions.
However, The opposite also holds true. I smoke landraces all the time and a hybrid won’t get me high. Almost zero high/ stone. Stange right?
If I quit smoking everything altogether, either would get me high. Very high.
The main difference though is that if I smoked polyhybrids all the time, Nothing gets me high. If I smoke landraces all the time, Everything gets me high. It’s a great life😁 and I highly recommend the switch.

15 Likes

@rasterman, welcome to OG. As you can probably tell, I like the landraces. I don’t know if the type of weed that puts you in cartoon land will only do that the 1st time you smoke it or not. There are a good few of us looking for that old magic. Stick around OG, and some Oaxaca beans will probably find their way to you at some point😁
Old Silversides s1

12 Likes

I won’t know until I grow it, but yeah, something like that! Those seedlings don’t look so hard to grow! :rofl:

2 Likes

I mentioned one first time (ya got that - it was the cartoons). Oaxacan is a strain I’ve been thinking about for awhile.

2 Likes

Yes I feel very confident you will find what you’re looking for in that haze only thread see talk to @upstate if you want to make one and talk to @MAHAKALA if you just want a strain already to go! He has a strain I been drooling over it’s called “acid beauty” that’s just sounds spectacular! I haven’t tried it yet but oooh man I sure want to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check it out @upstate look what I found, no smoke report but he give a terp profile :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I wish I knew how to get seeds from this Guy? Does anyone know how to get seeds from this fine fellow?

8 Likes

Oh man you just reminded me of this time I smoked Maui Wowie out of a gravity bong in the early 2000’s!
There was somebody there that I thought was into me, and one of the homies broke out his crazy looking stash, so I was thinking I’m gonna get stoned and f$xk somebody.
Nope.
She started throwing up and thinking she needed to go to the hospital, and I started seeing everybody as bright yellow Simpsons characters in real life.
At the time: awful
Now: can I find weed like that again? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

You want Transkei? I have 3…

4 Likes

Leave him a message and see if he has IG account

2 Likes

That’s https://www.jadenectar.com/ which is the same name on instagram. Not sure that they sell seeds but yea hit him up on IG and ask.

4 Likes

Cool;, @upstate let me see if I can get more :slight_smile: I hope I can get a 50 pack:)

2 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::rofl:. Any idea what it was?

3 Likes

Message sent, but I haven’t had any luck with IG lol I’m just not friendly enough, I guess lol

2 Likes

Is what my buddy said at the time. Believe me, it’s seared into my memory.
His last name was Nutter :rofl:

3 Likes

The Oaxacan is my got to over the other strains I have hands down.

10 Likes