Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

On OG we call it Goroka Highland. It gets nice buds, but flowers forever. 26 weeks or so.
@SEMOActivist thanks for the seedsšŸ˜

6 Likes

Yeah if MisterBee makes his way back around at some point, weā€™ve got a trade set up for a pack of the Goroka repro. If not, Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll be around for trades in the future, if needed.

2 Likes

I hope so, Iā€™ve been trying to get PNG for a while! Lol smh and another one I look for is a Cambodian "dreadlock " plant their structure is it gets like 6 ft tall and just looks like a bunch of dreadlocks coming out :slight_smile: I think they are super cool :slight_smile:

5 Likes

18 Likes

11 Likes

Weā€™ll probably also see a lot of divergent breeding, which is probably already happening. I bet there are hundreds of IBLs/heirlooms that people have been breeding since the 60s or 70s will start coming out of the woodwork once cannabis comes off Schedule 1. There are some mighty interesting times ahead.

8 Likes

I sure hope so, thatā€™s the ideal outcome imho. Iā€™m just hoping that enough people have held onto their heirlooms and kept them unskunked.

10 Likes

Hereā€™s one of those old heirlooms. 82 meangreen. My spidey senses are all sorts of stoked for this particular gal. She reeks for a Sativa. Seeds I made have good resin on them, so thatā€™s a good sign, too. Mostly she just feels potent. Hope iā€™m right. I never have grown anything this long, and she has a ways to go. Almost at week 26 now. Actually, let me countā€¦day 174 or 6ā€¦ 60+ days left I thinkā€¦so maybe 8 or even 9 months flowering. My goodness! Iā€™ve heard of these forever plants, but never came across one til now. And this isnā€™t one of those " could have picked it at week 18, or 20, or 25ā€¦itā€™s not one that harvests in stages. This one is pure hay at a half year of flowering. Not even close to picking. @romanoweed tells me, (after I had already germinated of course), " this one could flower a long time". Uuuuuuuuh, yeah.:rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::joy: you were SO right buddy, lol. Honestly, Iā€™d be real disappointed if I got nothing potent after all the work, but Iā€™d still consider it an honor to have had the pleasure of growing this rare beauty. Im glad you thought of me.
Iā€™m tempted to hit her with some more Oaxaca pollen. I can feel how good this can (will?)be. Could be epic. Iā€™ll just need a volunteer grower thatā€™s sure he/ she wonā€™t die for at least a year after germinationā€‹:rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::joy::rofl: kidding of course.
I think weā€™ll be seeing a lot more old heirlooms getting broken out. This is just the beginning
Oops. Last picture is Oaxaca.

30 Likes

@Upstate Iā€™m for the Oxacala pollenā€¦nice job Budā€¦
Iā€™m for landrace heirlooms seeds ,IBl works. Try an preserve genetics ā€¦thanks for teaching All Ogers , Grow The World !!! Peaceā€¦

2 Likes

Are you starting to flower indoors before they go outside? Ya, i agree a little pollen on a few marked branches never hurtsā€¦

3 Likes

That is a lllooonnggg flower. So hereā€™s my ancestral skunk x Turkish hash plant

Peshawar Afghani

11 Likes

ok any comments of these strains.

TAMARINDO ZAPOTE ā€“{OAXACA}
SALINA CRUZ ā€“{OAXACA}
TRADICIONAL ā€“{COASTAL OAXACA}
PELO ROJO ā€“OAXACA}
PUERTO ESCONIDO ā€“OAXACA}
4000 ISLANDS LAOS ā€“{MEKONG RIVER}
HELAMBU NEPAL ā€“{SHERPA STASH}
DOI TAO PAKAO ā€“KOH LUANG VILLAGE}
LEMON THAI ā€“{MAE RIM}
GREEN MANGO THAI ā€“{CHIANGMAI}
SWEET MANGO THAI ā€“{MAE RIM CHIANGMAI}

very alien to me for-sure ā€¦

13 Likes

Thought you were super familiar with Alien stuff. Haha

4 Likes

hahahaha good one !.

hahaha ā€¦

4 Likes

So are you saying thatā€™s the genetics that makes the up? It figures that Oaxacan would make up a great deal of the infamous Mexican strains :slight_smile: lol just saying

i do not believe i said anything i ask what ppl thought of the strain i listed .

humm ā€¦

3 Likes

Oooh , like saying thatā€™s what you think the ingredient is ok I understand

2 Likes

Sounds like that list may contain some landraces! @Elchischas can probably comment on the Oaxacan types while I would invite @Tlander to share whether any of the Thai lines ring a bell

7 Likes

@Upstate would be helpful as well Iā€™m sure

5 Likes

the ā€˜classic seedsā€™ company held quite few rare Mexican lines

These now reproduced by Alter-ego genetics and distributed out of socal seed vault
https://www.socalseedvault.com/store/index.php?id_category=16&controller=category

3 Likes