Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

You think she’s worthy of repro or is it out there in abundance? I remember smoking her 16 years back give or take, absolutely loved it all around, a powerhouse to say the least! I was looking for beans since…. (Well 8-9 years hard for sure) when we acquired a couple of really old strains in San Bernardino a while back, the old farmer gave me a bag marked BT…. Last year while chatting on Skype I mentioned BT And how I’d been looking to no avail . He quickly directed me to his most recent care package and said “that’s what BT is son” I was ecstatic and have been hoarding them like gold .

4 Likes

kropduster used to have it.

this is his black tuna x purple mexican

https://kropduster.com/shop/ols/products/purple-tuna-f2-regular-photoperiod-10-seeds

I’m sure it is still available from BC seeds vendors

2 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1
and it drops in my inbox…

SALE ENDS SEPTEMBER 6, 2023.

Black Tuna Seeds

WITH COUPON ONLY

$55 for 5 seeds

Normally $110 for 5 seeds

$100 for 10 seeds

Normally $200 for 10 seeds

Use coupon code TUNA50 when placing your order online, by mail, or by phone.

The Black Tuna phenotype selected for feminization is from the original, and now famous, Harijuana X Jamaican Lambsbread F1 cross and subsequent selection. An epic balance of Indica to Sativa genetics with the appearance and effects leaning more towards the Indica bandwidths.

5 Likes

I put this in the Landraces of India thread but thought I’d drop in here too, this is Malana Village at 43N:

25 Likes

they look real healthy! approx. how many hours of direct sunlight are they getting?

1 Like

According to the sun map only true direct sun from 1-6PM, but I don’t think that’s entirely accurate because it’s getting light on the tops from 9am onward across the open porch to the right

3 Likes

Not much. Gets tall, 12-14 weeks flowering… I haven’t seen it grown yet.
@herbgreen mean green is Cambo, Thai. Loatian from viet war.

2 Likes

I can still see that long pointy cola In my mind from looking at the website years ago. Today I saw they have it again at old school breeders association
Shit. Sorry. Just saw Royals post.

2 Likes

Pretty plant. She’s a late one… I thought it would be flowering by now.
I sure hope she finishes for you. When is end of season for you again?
@TopShelfTrees1 you better pop those Black Tuna and make yourself some fresh seed.

3 Likes

Definitely the plan . It’s on the list 100%

3 Likes

Ow that is so beautiful it Hurts @mexcurandero420.
You’ve some gorgeous plants !

3 Likes

Grew her (black tuna OSBA) last Summer @TopShelfTrees1 and it IS excellent. We tend to say its our PM mix. She Carries a little hammer

33 Likes

try thai68 from oldschoolba

4 Likes

OSBA has been a really dependable depo for Seeds in my Opinion: Black Tuna, Black Willie and yowza inducing RMG Pine Tar Kush @romanoweed

4 Likes

yep i use their Cambodain haze 3rd generation now, first was an open poll, now i cross it to som longflower SE Asian stuff… really great it turned out when i testmixed Cambodainhaze x Hoabac x SE Asian . It feels quiet close to what i dreamed of for a 14 weeker that it will end up…

5 Likes

Wow thats quite a little mix lol
Still sounds amazing

Funny you mention Cambodian, I have a freebie pack of seeds from OSBA, and it was one of the rare occasions where I called the order in… rep gave great-phone, and we ended up talking beynd my order, and more about the cambodian haze and sour cinderella. I asked for them as the freebie and was mailed a Mystery pac…

11 seeds and no confirmation of what exactly they are… Can I interest you in Half a Dozen @romanoweed

2 Likes

well, every strain is SE Asian genetics containing, so the mix felt quiet like the Vietblack -Snowhigh with its Chinese type northern Viet… But without the headachy quality of vietblack, a bit softer too,
reinds me of what i imagined chocothai to be… junglebook vibes…

Oh and Kalimist is also inside my mix… yes i mixed queit alllot, to make it short. (only as sideproject… im preservationist.)

5 Likes

Kali Mist is one of the only varieties I’ve ever got to enjoy which would lead to fits of laughter. Closest to an out of body experience ever experienced with cannabis. Do you happen to know the genetic make-up for Kali Mist? It’s such memorable and enjoyable stuff. Much love

4 Likes

i would love to have em , but cant recievestuff here easily…need a break now . I planned Holiday for next year.
send me a pic of them i try to tell you if its CambodHAze , i have pics of my CH Seeds to compare!

1 Like

I’m going digging for them…