Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Holy cannoli, I can’t believe I didn’t notice that Afropips Malawi before! They’ve got a new Sudan, too.

Daaaaaaaammmmnnnn… Was just telling myself this morning I don’t need any more seeds, and yet here we are… :cry: :rofl:

7 Likes

I just pollenated the malawis. Looks like the pollen took. ( I should have some extra) I picked up Sudan for next summer. Looks like a good one. Very very interesting Autoflower trait. Like Beldia but longer flowering. Will be a good one( I hope) to use on other long flowering tropicals to get them to Autoflower. Imagine that. Auto Malawi. Auto Durban. Auto Kerala. Auto PNG!!! God, the possibilities are endless. Planted in the ground at the end of May at 5 weeks age, they should finish where I live. This one may be a gamechanger.

5 Likes

Pretty sure they came from a reproduction on icmag(?) from a user named “Billyblog”. Very nice repro. He had a lot of seeds to work with.

7 Likes

purple ko chang x tom hill haze

20 Likes

It’s from an icmag user but it’s not billy

6 Likes

Here’s a few of @lefthandseeds Triple Durban , starting to stack in rotating seconds making Spiral pointy buds with dense inner buds. Have to check time but I’d say they are gonna finish under 80 days and fill in for 12” mains.

27 Likes

Still looking great. I love it. :+1:

9 Likes

Guy from Australia right?( Malawi)
Beautiful nugs you’re growing. Thick with resin. They look so delicious! Have you sampled any?

3 Likes

I would love some Malawi’s if you have any extras. Been trying to find some Mazar, but if there is any, they want big bucks.

4 Likes

I have not grown malawis, I have 3 different lines, including an f2 from the original stock of afropips

8 Likes

Those are looking great!

5 Likes

They would love your climate, that’s for sure! The pic you showed…is that this year? How many weeks flowering?

3 Likes

Those old Malawi gold seeds truly are gold! I would love to mix them with what I have. Or for you to mix them with what I have. I also picked up thelandraceteam Malawi. After much research, they really appear to be the real deal. The seeds are exactly as described in my 1986 book. Four different phenotypes. And if you’re lucky, a fifth, a short pheno called the Lambs tail.
The Malawi available from the real Seed Co company should be very easy to grow indoors. I’ve had no problem at all keeping them very small. I’ll get some pictures later.

8 Likes

I just made a few, but I’m sure I’ll have a couple extra. I have to see how many form first. Keep checking in. Looks like at least six more weeks

3 Likes

Thank you, I will

3 Likes

110 by flower

5 Likes

Nice work. Those are budding heavy! @Instg8ter…what smells are you getting?

5 Likes

Little black licorice only sweeter…just starting to bulk at around 30 days in flower

5 Likes

I think I have a few of the Malawi Gold Afropip’s cut. I was sent some Colombian gold x Malawi that was a dream to grow.

I want to make seeds with what I have and then share. Malawi Gold x ‘72 Colombian Gold (Golden Wedding), Malawi Gold Afropip, and about 5 Lemon Thai f2, and 2 LT f1.

I have other sativa/haze starting now and extra pollen from some OG’ers.

If all goes good I could have an epic season on making seeds. I already have 3-4 males just starting flowering plus what I already have multiple samples of in the fridge and guite a few haze strains to hit with it.

10 Likes

Afropips Malawi Gold from RSC. Flowering since June 4th outdoors( light dep). It has been a pleasure to grow so far, and I highly recommend them. If the high is is good as I think it will be, this will be a “golden” strain for me.

32 Likes