Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Dibs for sure my friend!! Thank you for your kindness @Budderton

4 Likes

Shucks. Enjoy the packs! Iā€™ll be around! Thanks for the generosity @Budderton

Though Iā€™d take it and run the hell out of it :heart::seedling:

3 Likes

Super cool giveaway! Congratulations everyone. And another thread to try and keep up with :joy:

4 Likes

Yes please. Thank you.

3 Likes

Right on, thatā€™s 10 by my count. @Hashpants @Piter @HeadyBearAdventures @MikeyMeteor @420noob @Green_Light @THCeed @CocoaCoir @Weednerd.Anthony @DirtySlowToes @sunra108 ,
Send me a PM with and address and Iā€™ll get those out to yous! Thanks for your interest.
:v::canada:

23 Likes

Many thanks!!!

Sure will be a good daytime smoke!.

2 Likes

Youā€™re a champion. Iā€™m wildly excited about these. What a time to be alive.

5 Likes

Hell yeah!!

2 Likes

I found a picture on reddit

28 Likes

Ha didnā€™t realize you were the first to call it! :rofl::rofl:. Thanks @budderton for the seeds and @tlander and @tejas for the genetics!

4 Likes

I was the second, haspants was faster.
Thanks for the call.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag bro :sunglasses:, but was eating dinner :plate_with_cutlery:

3 Likes

Budderton did a great job on these! It can be really tough juggling so many males at once! But he seems to have it mastered! Hereā€™s a couple more shotsā€¦these didnā€™t ā€˜purpleā€™-up. Hope everybody finds something interesting in these! Thanks again @Budderton !

:call_me_hand:

30 Likes

Zomia seed cllective said it was an island landrace mixed with holland genetics. I do not know if this is true. It looks really interesting and they also said it was one of the most popular strains in Thailand. I am very glad to have it as I only have A d9 thai from bodhi and chocolate trip/chocolate thai crosses.

3 Likes

Yep, KD is known for having probably been Tā€™landā€™s biggest proponent of decriminalization for decades (like 4-5 now!). He spent some time in Europe learning ā€˜breedingā€™ (I thought he said in Germany?). Iā€™ve always wondered about the question of if thereā€™s any hybridization w/stuff he came across there? (If you go to the ā€œInternationalā€ section, I believe I posted some videos of him with English sub-titles.)

Hang Garoke (Squirrel Tail in English) is one of the more widespread of the Thai landraces, being grown out in 8 locations on Zomia Collectiveā€™s maps. To be honest, they all look quite similar. Iā€™m hoping to make a trip up to Koh Tao before too long, as Iā€™d like to discuss this question with him in person and get the ā€˜realā€™ story!

:call_me_hand:

22 Likes

Dang, missed it!

4 Likes

Would have definitely like to try those.

thanks anyways - good on ya man for sharing !

2 Likes

I can totally buy this, after growing them out. The flower density and shorter finishing times had me thinking there is some worked stativa/hybrid in the mix. Itā€™s very apparent, especially when grown beside the Squirrel Tail, Panama Red, and Aruka Valley, which are all 20 plus week, far stativa. Still, the KDKT has been worked down in Tland for sometime now and may still be considered a heirloom I think.
:v::canada:

15 Likes

Thank You @Budderton ! ! !
DM on the way.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s my smell! Iā€™m a little jealous. :rofl:

2 Likes