Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Beans just arrived. Thank You @Budderton much appreciated. :fireworks: :green_heart: :fireworks: :pray: Namaste ! ! !

5 Likes

Awesome @sunra108 ! Tag me if you get some going so I can watch along!
:v::canada:

4 Likes

Absolutely Brother ! ! !

2 Likes

Who grew the Sheelawathi for seed? @BigMike55 ?

Hereā€™s some Uganda plants from East Africa genes.

Pretty plants. Canā€™t wait til flowering.

18 Likes

I grew her but never got to the goal line. She got the worst case of spider mites in the history of the world. And she is so leafy, I could never defeat the bugs and never really got to flower There will be another time. I actually liked the plant. But she takes A loooong time to grow her and she gets huge.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve heard Ugandan landraces have quite a racey effect Someone wrote an article about growing and smoking some. He said something to the effect of it making his limbs feel like they were full of helium. That sounds pretty awesome.

6 Likes

Happy Holidays All OGers lots of luckā€¦Peaceā€¦
Sheelawathi is on my List growing outdoorsā€¦any insides . .Iā€™m trying grow a nice big plant organics ,feed the Soil ,try five gallon pots in five gallon buckets
@Upstate cltvrs.com all columbian golds seeds white, a complete flop lost money since Septemberā€¦Peace , nice growing here ā€¦

3 Likes

I also just received the ThaixMalawi and MMxNH crosses @budderton thank you. I appreciate this.

8 Likes

Right on @CocoaCoir . Good to hear they made it over to you unscathed. Happy hunting!!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve used Vietnamese Black F3 in a breeding project recently hitting an Original Oger strain from Oregon Kid, creator of the Ghost cutā€¦ so calling it Black Oger.
Currently being preserved by Draig and Lady Zandra for me and seeds should be available in a few monthsā€¦
Love all the talk going on here, you guys have a love for the Sativa for sure.

16 Likes

Just got a few upā€¦

And a few of my Kzns

10 Likes

Thank you @Budderton for these. :purple_heart::seedling: Coming up soon!

13 Likes

Happy to see they made it safe and sound @DirtySlowToes , happy hunting!!
:v::canada:

4 Likes

That would be a pleasant surprise. I like fast weed. Helium effect on arms sounds pleasant. Maybe it will make my hammer feel lighter lol. One can dream.
@calman1955 bummer you got dead seeds. Whose CG?

2 Likes

@Upstate What do you think of East Africa genes can I get an honest opinion on whatā€™s youā€™ve grown so far and are currently growing? Iā€™ve been wanting to try some landrace seeds from around the world and figured that would be a good starting place. I keep seeing people post up about their seeds but no one ever gives reviews about their shipping speed, packaging, and genetics/stability

1 Like

If you check out the book of Enoch it goes into so.e detail about which giant taught what skill or knowledge. I always thought it was pretty fascinating.

1 Like

Im just diving in myself. So far so good. I brought the owner of East Africa Genes over here to OG if that says anything. Whether strains are pure or not is in the process of being determined But I saw enough Of what I would call pure to invite the owner here. Seeds look legit. No stripes. Nice and dark with turtle shell patterns. Flowering times sound spot on, and pictures look good too. Itā€™s a unique genepool. Iā€™ve heard rumors that some folks are going around warning people of contamination after their vast experiences growing out the seed. Shit my badā€¦ actually they didnā€™t grow out anything yetā€¦ and know little or nothing about East African geneticsā€¦like the rest of us. Donā€™t be too quick to judge. This genepool is in critical danger right now.
I expect some things to be unique about this genepool. I expect some ancient Indica type influences from the Arabic traders that gave its cannabis to East Africa starting around 800 years ago. These genetics are probably the last remnant of an extinct or nearly extinct arabian gene
pool. More Input came from Middle Eastern types coming up (headed South but headed upstream)the Nile to its source in Uganda, and South African genetics arriving more recently via
nearby Malawi and other countries along Africaā€™s ancient dry highway, the Great Rift Valley. Add in Indian genetics brought to the land of ā€œKushā€ by the Ethiopians around 1200 years ago and you end up with quite the genetic melting pot.
I donā€™t know exactly what to expect. but I am expecting the unexpected :grin:
Hermaphrodites are likely in some %. So far, the theory is that the dry area landraces that contributed to this gene pool have given it an oversized root system And when the roots hit the sides of the pot and start to circle,the plant will throw flowers of the opposite sex. Iā€™m growing them now with frequent transplanting and weā€™ll see how I do. Hopefully I have less hermies than others.( thanks for the insight. @YoBigdaddy
Itā€™s my belief that genetics lying along the Nile river corridor are different from other East African genetics. More dry area landrace influences.
Plants might start growing looking a lot like indicas and as life goes on looking more and more sativa.
I have gotten every single order I have placed with him ( mike from East Africa genesā€¦overgrows @kidete.)and there have been more than a half dozen. I also know other people that have gotten orders from him and I donā€™t know anyone that didnā€™t get their order.

17 Likes

I just ordered Moshi and pressure. East Africa Genes is a very nice guy and goes above and beyond what you would expect. If all goes well Iā€™ll be trying more of his selections in the future

10 Likes

Iā€™ve been listening tothat book now actually. Christopher Glyn on youtube has a spoken version His voice is easy to listen to and the ancient books in the bible are really interesting. He has the books that didnā€™t make it into the bible as well, The book of enoch among them.

6 Likes

East Africa Genes South congo

18 Likes