Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

I got some brick weed that had massive seeds in it. It probably had some Nepalese multi-purpose genetics. I’ve heard that some Thai has giant seeds, since their ancestry contains Yunnan hemp.
Cannabis seeds cooked like split-pea soup with some bacon or ham in are probably very tasty.

4 Likes

I’ve seen that NE Chinese hemp that grows 15-20’ tall. Just cant imagine putting it out into the world :frowning:

3 Likes

Also interesting to note is that Yunnan Chinese is the only BLH (Broad Leaf Hemp) in existence. The THC percentages seem to indicate THC levels weren’t a consideration during breeding.

3 Likes

Yes this pollen took a country tour though the hot of summer and still knocked up this girl! First intentional pollenation that took properly. I could never tell if seeds were coming everything always looked they same and of course no seeds. This time no questions I definitely know what a seeded calyx looks like now holy cow! These calyx swell huge when making babys. I love learning this way, now I shouldn’t have any problem identifying pollen that has taken hold.

4 Likes

Some info about the origin of the varieties on Aceh Indonesia

Quoting Murizal Hamzah’s report in the Sinar Harapan newspaper July 2, 2008 edition, Indonesian people recognized marijuana in the 19th century, after the Dutch deliberately brought cannabis from India to Aceh as a pest for coffee pests in Gayo, Central Aceh. Marijuana is also used to protect tobacco plants from caterpillar pests by growing side by side. The rest of the cannabis leaves used to wrap tobacco to keep it dry and not wavy were found to be thrown away in the Aceh Market which is next to the Baiturrahman Grand Mosque in Banda Aceh until 1945.

5 Likes

It’s all looking good @Upstate! Congrats on the harvest it sucks the stuff was lousy but just room for improvement later down the road right?

1 Like

And now is subject to draconian enforcement. Someday, prohibition and the accompanying persecution will end, at least in more places than not.

3 Likes

Only lousy tasting before the cure if you are referring to Colombian Black? Couldn’t tell…half the plants had good potency

1 Like

Lots of Pirate cannabis history in Indonesia too, some dating to several hundred years ago. Seems to me that cannabis use must go back much further in time, but no info to be found.

5 Likes

Should be considered a garden plant, but probably isn’t. Imagine… plant counts for a food plant lol.
This one is kind of a novelty. Obviously you need to leave the males in order to gel seeds, and most probably don’t want hemp pollen floating around. But, if you have to depend on a crop for your food, it’s a great idea to grow a crop you are familiar with.

4 Likes

Ahh I didn’t catch that bit @Upstate that’s good to hear tho!

2 Likes

The dark purple buds became excellent. Biggest transformation during a cure I’ve seen yet, with Ace Purple Malawi being the one exception. CB is well worth growing

6 Likes

2 Pakistan Chitral Kush!

23 Likes

Ace seeds mystery fem! Hoping it’s epic whatever it ends up being. Definitely taken a cut just in case on this lady :wink:.

13 Likes

This one was from Yunnan China, crossed it with a Parvati male.

18 Likes

Shiv’s Nepal Kathmandu

I germinated five other seeds that I must transplant

two have a red stem, that makes me happy

25 Likes

That should be interesting.

7 Likes

@Herrsquidward that is also what you typically see in Chinese hemp genetics. A lot of growers I know have had to destroy acres of Chinese hemp because thc content was too high (lol, too high) because they don’t regulate like we do. By too high im also talking like 1-3% thc by weight

8 Likes

Looking good @Arbac, the first landrace I grew back in 92 was Nepalese…really tiny seeds and great energetic working high.

9 Likes

Zamal x Zamal Mango Carrot x Senegalese
Seeded and starting to smell. Nose is sweet fruit, mango, with an earthy/parsnip like finish. Trichome formation is looking promising as well this early on.

Also, Ethiopian/Malawi, and Mazar I Sharif

24 Likes