Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

i have some experience with red stem from rasoli and some from down south, in andhra pradesh

5 Likes

do know about Karnataka, where in Karnataka are the seeds from? and by Omkareshwar do you mean the temple in Madhya Pradesh?

7 Likes

4 Likes

I posted the pics from the site, I believe the second is andhra paradesh but not sure about the other

3 Likes

I just got a Mac cut in and am in the process of vegging it. I can send you one if you would like to try it.

1 Like

That would be great for this coming winter
I got a couple other snails I’d like to run with it.
Bogbubble be the other one.

I, myself shutdown late spring till early fall but if you still got it then yabetcha.

5 Likes

The redstem I have is from Indian Landrace exchange and they have a ton of location info on there site, I have alot of landraces from over there and have alot of interest in Indian ganja and Chara’s plants.
Right now I’m trying to get legit pure paki chitral and am aslo really wanting to get some pure kandahar but those are not realy from your area

7 Likes

Check out J Toucans he makes a bunch of cool shit. Just released a seed version of purp pck. Sourced from Bodhi I think.

https://www.dirtybirdtradingco.com/ (click guest and pw is surfinbird) bunch of pics on IG.

4 Likes

I have a breeders pack from Ace that ma or may not show up, if not I’ll check them out.i might have found a source for both stateside

2 Likes

So, yes as i assumed Omkareshwar is in Madhya Pradesh. The district that it’s located in is very famous for Hindu priest and majorly Aghori baba’s (High level Hindu priest (Layman Term’s)) and that is why this place has a lot of Ganja cultivars growing around. In my experience flowers from MP are great big and dense for Indian variety. The smell and taste after its been cured is very sweet and the plants grow big like any tropical sativa with a mix of Nepal.

I have uploaded some photos of some flowers i had a while back

23 Likes

Are you talking about the assam red stem variety? ILE is so fucking awesome they do some fire work.
What all have you tried wrt to indian varieties.

5 Likes

I haven’t tried many yet but have been collecting for a minute , I have north Indian redstem from them and eastern Manipur Burma along with the lolab valley Kashmir. Im going to grow out the Kashmir in the next month , I have rasoli and malana and some others from the real seed company I’ve been trying to collect as many landraces as possible especially the more rare or pain in the ass to grow ones that are at the highest threat of disapearing, I also have some purple weed from paro valley in Bhutan.

11 Likes

where did you get Bhutanese seeds? Bhutan has some of the most fire flowers i have smoked and Manipur comes close second. Are you planning on growing Manipur this season? I have heard lolab to be very good but haven’t had the privilege to try it.

8 Likes

Ok I will post mine…a bit of a hoarder! From real seed company…
Manipuri, urkhul…kumaoni, johaar, Kerala, TIRAH (Pakistan?) malana, Rasoli, highland Thai, and Murree from Kashmir.
From kahlifa genetics…Rasoli and Kullu
I bought Kullu Rasoli and Manipuri in quantity to do preservation runs.

7 Likes

I have some red stem koh chang

7 Likes

thats some collection.

4 Likes

Those are the Asian strains…lol.

3 Likes

I missed some…I see now there are several Kerala strains…I have only one

3 Likes

Kerala is probably the most endangered of all Indian varieties

6 Likes

I got karnataka a while back from Indian heirloom Seed Company. It’s supposed to have a racey effect. @RoryBorealis will be growing it soon, along with Revadi and a few Amulya Shillong, both from Cocogenes. I’m looking forward to seeing these three run… should be a fun show!

9 Likes