Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

75 Paki are to be reproduced soon, hopefully. They do look good. @anon82574406 may have some to trade now.

5 Likes

Looking forward to those Nirmal especially. Orange smells and tastes, right? Whats the weed in Adilabad like?
@Donnie is the one growing Arrakku.
@RoryBorealis is growing Revadi, Karnataka, and a few Amulya Shillong.
Ukhrul is one I don’t have. How common is potent pot from here? Most? Some? It sounded less potent overall,( some is average) but a good one from Ukhrul sounds excellent…

7 Likes

Ukhrul was my first landrace and started me down this path. I have a bunch that I’ll be running next year. Got them off herbies years ago and just thought the name was cool. Lost most because I was still learning how to grow at the time, the one that survived was high yielding, dense, slightly above average sized buds from a 3 gallon. Had an earthy tart fruity (non-citric) taste but the smell was completely different like a earthy lemon pine. The high was very enjoyable, I remember thinking “this is the best weed I’ve ever had” and still do. Unfortunately this was well before I got into breeding or knew about cloning so that was the end of that.

8 Likes

I have actually seen this trait in one of my f2 selections of bodhi’s guava hashplant. The seeds grow right at the surface of the buds, and they do not produce seeds on the interior of the bud. The seeds ripen after the flowers do, so you need to let these get very overripe in order to harvest seeds. When the seeds do ripen, it happens suddenly and all at once. Then the seeds get ejected by the pressure of being squeezed into the dense partially seeded buds.

They literally spring off. I have seen one shoot out and clatter into my vertical fluorescent lights.

I never mentioned it on here because I didn’t think anyone would believe me haha.

I figured I’d mention it if someone else brought this up. Cool to hear that this is actually a known trait in some strains.

15 Likes

Nope, still deciding whether I want to try cop them but I’ll see if I can get more info from the seller if I send them an email. Thanks for the info, very insightful

3 Likes

that’s very interesting.

I will be growing bodhi’s neirika seed trust china yunnan dali cangshan mountain landrace sativa outdoor this year.

Apparently it is wispy but resinous and potent, with chinese and himalyan characteristics.

7 Likes

So with shillong i feel its a joyful happy effect (similar to nepal though i feel less intense but again i dont have a lot of experience with nepal) which is very good for creative sessions and social places as it makes you laugh and be sociable, Though with araku its a very clear high one that kills your sleep after 27hrs of no sleep. One particular pheno was a different it was the stare into the wall for 45mins weed.
Shillong i fell stays longer than araku but in my experience no flower (Charas does) from india stays longer than 45mins to an hour.

10 Likes

So nirmal has a sweet citrus taste, adilabad is straight up orange. Ukhrul is the eastern most district /region of Manipur, major cannabis production happens in Ukhrul. I have been to manipur only once and my friend hooked us up with a particular grower who only grew for a certain group of people. That pot was by far the most intense pot i have smoked, somehow more intesne than bhutan, malana, araku, shilllong or orrisa.
@District_Flora would you be able to share some pics of your ukhrul, the way you paint the picture, it sounds so delicious and exiting.

10 Likes

Eastern maipur border is ukhrul i think you have some of them. Nirmal flowers are very similar to araku structure wise. though taste less sweet more sour. Effects i would say again close cousin of araku.

7 Likes

When you get your grow log going, I’ll definitely watch along!

2 Likes

" the stare into the wall for 45mins weed" :laughing:Hilarious.
“but in my experience no flower (Charas does) from india stays longer than 45mins to an hour”
Now that is an interesting observation. I wonder why that is.

7 Likes

I’m not in a big hurry if somebody is running it and making more just wanting to let it be known. I’m growing landraces and those are some I’m looking to trade for :grin:

2 Likes

I decided to add a couple Queen Mother and Purple Satellite to this run. I have way to many seedlings!! I really only have room to about 12, and have 30 I think so will need to sex, eliminate most males, and cut a few of the weaker females!

14 Likes

Great choices. I tried to get that purple satellite through ace but customs wasn’t having it. I’m interested in both of those lines though. I’ll be interested to hear what you think of them.

9 Likes

@ShivamGrover do you have photos of the plants and seeds?

3 Likes

hey for araku yes for shillong no

25 Likes

This is nirmal @Upstate look at the startling similarity between this and aaraku

14 Likes

Nice lineup! What company? Oaxacan details?

4 Likes

Nice sized sativa buds! Growth structure is different between Arrakku and Nirmal, but buds look similar. What tastes do you get with Arakku flowers?

3 Likes

Unfortunately not. May not have wrote my last comment very clearly but I meant to say that I grew them out years ago but have plenty of seeds now that I recently obtained from real seed company. Hoping I find the pheno I had back then

2 Likes