Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

secret thai. Nice to see that.

5 Likes

New York is on track for another extremely wet summer. Itā€™s been raining so much the mountains are making clouds that just hug them all day long

all the rain is making it extremely difficult to keep nitrogen in my containers. Iā€™m going to have to get off my ass and order some feather meal for next season. At the moment I use cottonseed meal, which has higher nitrogen but also tends to make the pH take a nosedive so I have to go light on it. I use bat guano and itā€™s washed out within a couple days. We need a couple weeks of sun. Only the goroka has any magnesium deficiency and itā€™s mild.

14 Likes

Beautiful plants. Looking good. Top dressing with alfalfa meal, or making a tea will help with the yellowing that you are getting on that Thai.

4 Likes

Thanks! Alfalfa meal is a good idea. I might have some of that. The little bit of yellowing on the Thai plant is from that teaspoon of cal-mag. Happened overnight. Palani black had it the worst. Only one Thai plant was affected. @RoryBorealis

7 Likes

The Sudanese and Palani Black sound interesting. Please include a full smoke report when you finish up.

3 Likes

Will do for the Sudanese. The Pallani I only have the one male, but I will be dusting the other satties with him. Weā€™ll have to try a hybrid of it.

3 Likes

Crazy , an equatorial collected Fastflowering. Or autoflowering.

Makes me hope.
But actually after lately smoking a Haobc x Vietnamese, i was surprised how insanely Potent it was. And uphigh too. I thought this would be weak like hay. So, there is more possible then i thought with photoperiods. It was very good.

6 Likes

Iā€™m really looking forward to trying that Vietnamese hybrid you made. Sounds great. Whatā€™s the flowering time roughly?
The Sudanese flowers 12 weeks. Started it I think around six weeks ago . Should be just enough time for it to finish here, but I didnā€™t time it very well. I probably should have germinated them one month earlier.

2 Likes

I think you got the 3/4 Vietb. 1/4 Hoabac?

Anyway, Vietb flowers up to 16, Hobc flower13 Weeks, Do the math yourselve. Just somehwere between.

Have you tried harvesting bud very early for a longflowering? How was the smoke ? And compared to indoors? Would be interested in your Experiences

4 Likes

I might pick some of that oaxacan a little bit early just to try it, but I havenā€™t intentionally harvested early yet for a long flowering sativa. I could tell you Outdoors the oaxacan is flowering much better. Iā€™m sure the lack of pollination is helping. The buds are already as big as they were when I harvested and they just started making flowers this the last two weeks. It would be a pretty crazy Buzz when picked early. Iā€™d have to save the weed for when I have manual labor lol. Hard to sit still when I smoke the stuff now. I canā€™t imagine taking it early the energy it would give you. Iā€™ll be interested in the difference between this one indoors and Outdoors myself. Unfortunately Iā€™ll still have the variable of seeded and seedless. Or at least relatively seedless this time.
Yes thatā€™s the one I got, the 3/4 Vietnam Black. What kind of high was it? I know both varieties are legendary. Make sense some magic would happen when crossed

11 Likes

How was the effect`?
It was spiritual kind of high in the 50/50 Cross.
It had some slight Sideeffects left (thats how i judge), but overall it was 85 Percent good Effect. Actual Effects.
The Effect is Spiritual, and Kitschy. Its just very good positive Sensations nonstop for 3, 5 hours.

It was the thirdbest or 2nd Best Weed i smoked in my live. Like wellness .
It doesent make you run around, but its uphigh, just like wellness

9 Likes

oh mistacken, you should have 3/4 Hoa, 1/4 VBlack. Otherway around

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it actually said what it was. just said
Viet black Ɨ Hoa bac. Did you make more than one version? An original hybrid and then that original hybrid crossed to Hoabac? Memory is a little foggy but I think I got them from Guitarzan?
And vietrom from maybe Instig8tor.

I got vietrom from instaā€¦

1 Like

Yes
i sent out the 3/4 Hoa 1/4 Black ,
i also sent the 50 / 50 version out,
and then i also sent 7/8 Black 1/8 Romulan.
Im shure trowertipper has the Romulan one.

Wich one you have i dont know

2 Likes

Speaking of instig8torā€¦still no word? No one has heard from him yet? I sure hope heā€™s okay.

4 Likes

I read yesterday that somebody had just pmā€™ed him again but no reply. I may still have his addy, not sure.

3 Likes

New genetical Analysis says Cannabis emerged from China:
The News:

The Study:
https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/7/29/eabg2286

An excerpt:

ā€œAn unexpected result was the presence of this Basal genetic group, which did not comprise any of the domesticated plants we consider today as Cannabis sativa (hemp or marijuana),ā€ Fumagalli said. ā€œItā€™s a bit like discovering a dog breed unknown to date and genetically independent from the genetic cluster grouping all dog breeds described today worldwide.ā€

Does this mean there was no Crosspolination between Wild / Domestication, or does it mean the new Cluster doesent interfere with the old cluster?

12 Likes

very nice thanks for that

1 Like

Interesting article. Sounds like the Southeast Asian gene pool could be as old or older than the Indian gene pool. I would be very surprised if no genetics from China made it to countries like Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Cambodia prior to the introduction of Indian genetics to these regions. Sounds like they need more samples though. I didnā€™t read of any from Southeast Asiaā€¦

3 Likes