Landraces of India

Kerala reportedly has little or no cbd… Although it’s probable it’s been bred out over the years.
Nepal has abundant minty terps…kashmir, Parvati ( rasol) So pretty much all of Northwest India…

4 Likes

YMMV. NLD do tend to have less smell, especially now with the various indica hybrids so strong you can smell them in the next county. Honestly, I don’t recall ever having a super skunky weed make me super paranoid, and never had a piney weed make me drowsy.
It’s kind of funny how we could figure out more about the entourage effect, figuring out what causes what when combined, only to have it affect some individuals very differently. About the time we (humans) think we’ve got nature figured out, she reminds us how little we actually know.

3 Likes

About scents

offcorse, i would prefere Pinene smell from a Afghani to the average Streetweed, definitly.

What was your best smelling Landrace that you ever smoked?
are you favoring deep smells? or bright sativas?

i personally couldnt say.

If you compare it to perfume, i make some myselve, i would probably after the years of ganja ganja by a hair take the perfume. haha by a hair. or not?

Some Hybrid i had smelled like pineapply. Pineapple is like one of those Strains that people like shout out loud: “i had a very special pineapple weed”.
I had that too, it ewas so good, i didnt stop reopening my bag all 10 minutes to just smell it… it was almost getting exhausting…

The perfume weed (turkish Landr) that i have right now has shurely deep smells in it, shurely pinene. so…
And this is one of my favorite Weedsmells too…

Back to menthol smells, i like menthol also very very much.
There was a batch of Hemp reseeding each year, some were menthol phenos, but a hint of menthol was almost in any those phenos. Do you think that pinene is part of menthol?
Cause ok, mentol these menthol smells were incredibly activating i wanted to say almost. Theyre make you feel centered is better description. And i love balance very much in my live,

Yes, i want a Indian one day, i wanted since a long time. I have one that i have in mind from coco_genes… just no time to ask him yet again. he never replied on IG… Indian with menthol smell, happy hippy like feelings should be inside those highs.-

6 Likes

The menthol smell is eucalyptol, unless I’m mistaken. Mix it with pinene and it may be difficult to tell where one stops and the other begins (so to speak). They seem to blend well.
The most tasty landrace I’ve ever had was piney, minty, fruity, “hoppy” and had no “skunkiness” about it. I believe it came from south India. Another really tasty one was some brick weed I got in Texas years ago. I don’t know what it was, but it was pure NLD with really wispy buds and small, dark seeds. It was a little piney, but the most prominent smell was like sage. It also had a very “sativa” effect.
The innumerable possibilities in southern India sound like a pheno-hunter and landrace enthusiast’s wet dream.

10 Likes

I think so. They are very very close. I have had Oaxaca smell of pine the 1st time and smell of mint the 2nd time I grew it

7 Likes

I asked chiv for his neplaese kadmandu, hoping to get some minta sativa on that side

5 Likes

3 uttarkland
1 grape pupil x skunk 1

11 Likes

I wish all of you a happy, healthy, and wonderful life this Christmas. Enjoy every moment with your family, friends and loved ones. Merry Christmas to all of you my friends :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::sparkling_heart:

16 Likes

Merry Christmas, Shiv. The BRAHMA smoke is still putting smiles on faces this Christmas. :seedling: :evergreen_tree: :person_in_lotus_position: :surfing_man:t5: :rocket: :milky_way: :yin_yang:

11 Likes

Thanks a lot @RoryBorealis brother,ohh wow I’m so glad to know you are enjoying bramha flowers dis Christmas :star_struck::christmas_tree::blush:

11 Likes

Shiv what is the story on the Gadichi strain I am running from you? Is this a 30 foot tall plant? I also have the Revaldi?

7 Likes

Lol. Thankfully I don’t think so…but I’ll let Shiv fill us in.
@RoryBorealis smoke report please! I’ve been considering running Bramha sooner rather than later.
@Shiv9545 thanks for the Christmas well wishes.

10 Likes

Thank you @Shiv9545! I hope all is well with you and your family. Going be a lot of India in our gardens next year. Peace for you and your mother.

6 Likes

Oooooooo please tell us about that! I didn’t realize someone had grown that out already.

7 Likes

BRAHMA SMOKE REPORT:

The plants finished with 3 phenotypes. Cured for 7 weeks.

The LIGHT GREEN phenotype:

Fragrance: Smells of guava, citrus fruit rind and floor polish.

Taste: A very smooth smoke. Slightly guava on the exhale with a mild citrus aftertaste.

Potency: 8 out of 10

Effects: Energetic mindscapes. The cells of the body in the torso area are invigorated, similar to the “niacin flush” that people describe from taking Vitamin B3. Not unpleasant or harmful. Warm like warm a very thick flannel shirt, again not unpleasant. Laughter flows.
THE FUN PART: Energizing like the feeling that you get when you are running on a treadmill and suddenly step off the treadmill. There is a half-second of the nervous system re-calibrating from riding on a moving surface to standing still on the ground. THAT FEELING. I had a “force field” sensation around my body, the whole time.

The DARK GREEN phenotype:

Fragrance: Earthy, coffee

Taste: Like Southern(U.S.A.) Sweet Tea

Potency: 7.5 out of 10

Effects: Mentally energizing, not hyper or racy. Thought provoking but in a mellow manner. Break time for the ego.

The PURPLE Phenotype:

Fragrance: Wild berries, somewhere between blackberry and goji berries.

Taste: Very smooth smoke. Faint berry on the exhale. Southern sweet tea. Mild hibiscus that lingers for a few seconds.

Potency: 9 out of 10. The strongest of the 3 phenotypes.

Effects: Laughter flows. A bubbling brook of creative ideas. Feeling it first behind the eyes. Mild color saturation/enhancement. Good for viewing art, movies or any visual medium. Next, the sensation that you get standing in front of an electric floor fan. The way the wind brushes against your face, then continuing all the way down your torso. Laughter rolls through conversations. Smooth comedown.

All of the phenotypes had a very smooth comedown, like stepping off an escalator.

All of the phenotypes lasted 1 and 1/2 hours total.

20 Likes

Derp. I had forgotten. My bad.

How long did they flower?

5 Likes

Sounds like a winner. I’m curious about the flowering time too. How long did they go and was there a long veg ? Been curing long?

6 Likes

The vegetative stage was 14 weeks outdoors. The flowers were harvested at week 12 with 15% amber, 75% milky, and 5% clear. No issues with mold or botrytis. Cured for 7 weeks.

The effects described above haven’t changed much since smoking the buds after the initial 2 week cure.

I want to send a big thanks to @Shiv9545 for sharing these rare genetics. Gratitude and happiness with every puff. Nothing beats smoking rare ganja from your own harvest. :sunrise_over_mountains:

12 Likes

12 weeks flower.

6 Likes

@GREANDAL
Hey brother yeah everything is fine.
Haha that’s true I’m so excited to see dis coming summers season grow.
Thank you so much :heartbeat:

3 Likes