Landraces of India

the season for the really highland nepali (2800m +) starts in march and ends november

5 Likes

I meant the short Kullu. All my kullu plants had long arms. Were there good branches on this one? How many weeks did she flower?

2 Likes

Wow. That’s some serious NLD right there. There is just something about super thin leaves, and I could look at it all day. In fact, my favorite photos are the ones of tall NLD in veg or pre-flower.

2 Likes

I got talking to another Indian grower. I am trying to get him to join here.

He has at least a few different strains, and he would like to trade for some western style indica seeds.

I am really fully stocked, but I told him I would ask our guys here if anyone wanted to trade.

Manipur

Burmese

24 Likes

They look very compeling, love those long time, razor thin leaf gems.

3 Likes

You should ask what his intentions are with those indica seeds. Indoor?

3 Likes

I believe so. He showed me the pic of that Burmese and said that his seeds are great but they grow too large to be very manageable indoors.

2 Likes

I’m interested for sure. I hsve some stuff hd find useful. Can never have too many Sativas. I dont have any Burmese either…mmmmm.

5 Likes

A few members here got in touch with him. We will see if it pans out into anything.

3 Likes

from my convo -

@Upstate I should have some Burmese seeds from Coastal, if you are interested

3 Likes

@royal Is that old Pacific Northwest heirloom Burmese?
I’ll look it up. I’m sure I would be interested if it’s a pure one.
Did you get to smoke any?

3 Likes

I am interested in any info too-- couldn’t find much. was told to contact kagyu but I don’t IG
Just got some…4/4 popped then died. :frowning:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I got them from an old head in California
Coastal Seeds had two Burmese lines…
Haven’t run them yet, so I cannot confirm purity / smoke… chasing too many other rabbit holes :wink:

5 Likes

Does PCK always turn purple? It’s purple in the majority of pictures I’ve seen of it. I know most heirlooms from that part of the world are for hash. That being said, are there issues of CBD-dominant plants, or has that been bred out?

2 Likes

There are green phenotypes of PCK. Those green ones tend to have more resin than the purple phenotypes.

6 Likes

Most plants will have at least some. 25% will be cbd dominant.
The green plants are often more potent than the purple.

4 Likes

I’m sure you can imagine the frustration of putting so much time and resources into a plant that doesn’t do what I want it to do. It wouldn’t be all loss, though. CBD-dominant plants could make good medicine. I guess you could also reverse it (I believe that’s the correct terminology) and get female CBD plants.

1 Like

I’d know nothing about that :rofl::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::grin:… lol.
Seriously, yeah, it’s rough but it goes with the territory. When you find your keeper its all worth it. That’s a promise.

5 Likes

Well it is a plant. It’s only ever going to do what it has evolved to do.

The trick is not minding that it hurts…

4 Likes

In nature, it’s no so much about MAKING something do what you want, but rather, LETTING it do what it does and helping it along. Apologies, “making” something do what I want was not the best choice of words. I grew up hunting, fishing and farming for subsistence, and if it taught me anything, it’s that Mother Nature is going to do what she does, regardless. Underestimate her at your own peril.

6 Likes