Landraces of India

I don’t remember, but you did mention Borneo before. Unfortunately, Borneo is part of Indonesia, and they’re nazis about cannabis. The Korean government are also being super dicks about it anymore.

1 Like

Odisha has landed! Thank you :blush: @Budderton

4 Likes

90 days seed to bowl man! LOL

2 Likes

Hashish farm workers on a smoke break in India 1943

13 Likes

Yeah 90 to 120 days in flower, verses 6 month Sativa , my favorite Columbian, great danky smells right thru plate bags , I was trippo.g Indonesia fast food ,on a stainless steel counter big you head, good shot. High five Ogers ,later ,Cal…tropical…

1 Like

I was reading about the Columbian gold when they talked about Borneo genetics. No doubt there were numerous genetics in Columbia already. I think one or more of these was mixed with that Borneo, making Colombian Gold. My theory

1 Like

Look at the guy in white pants. He’s obviously the supervisor. Hold that in! Make sure You pass clockwise. . That’s enough for you for now…:grin:

4 Likes

Big tech companies have scrubbed the internet of lots of information recently. I’m afraid that info is now gone

1 Like

It’s amazing how dudes chillin’ and smoking is timeless in appearance. That photo could be shot on B&W film and the vibe would be the same.

1 Like

Can you remember which site you read the info about Boreno was posted on?

1 Like

@RoryBorealis No, I just punched in US pharmaceutical companies in Colombia during early 1900’s and it came up. Lemme try again now.
Same. Nothing. Not one single mention of pharmaceutical companies of ever having been there.

2 Likes

I asked about a specific site, because it’s still there in ‘THE WAYBACK MACHINE’ at archive.org. If you have a specific site, go there and choose a YEAR and the archived pages will pop up. The “dead internet” is a real thing with corporate and private interests pressuring search engine providers to remove selected audio, video and documents.

5 Likes

“Marijuana arrived in Colombia thanks to the aid of the USA in 1930. Seven years before the USA made Marijuana illegal… In 1930 the department of agriculture of the United States (USDA) created a project to promote the different uses of marijuana. United States knew that marijuana had immense medicinal potential and industrial. The USA did not want to use American lands so they decided to go to Colombia to develop the project. The Marijuana utilized for this project was brought from The Island of Borneo. Borneo and Colombia are very similar countries in question of environment. Both countries are situated in tropical rainy forests, the perfect environment to grow Marijuana and for this reason the USA chose Colombia for the project. Colombia is a very tropical country. In1937 the USA made Marijuana illegal. The projects were canceled. The gringos that were working in Colombia on the project had to return but they never destroyed the plants. They left the ones that were working with in Colombia.”

Parke Davis story

In fact in the early 20th century Parke Davis seed collectors introduced Indian sub-continent seed into Southern Appalachia to create Cannabis Americana of equal or greater potency to the Indian sub-continent product they were having difficulty importing due to disruption of shipping from world war one! Parke Davis collected seeds from India, Turkestan, and Nepal, and sent them back to be grown in the Blue Ridge mountains and Mexico!

14 Likes

@mexcurandero420 Dude. You found it! Thanks so much. That’s what I read. For sure. How did you find it?

1 Like

The article is from the Canadian ganja magazine - Treating Yourself Issue #17,
page 27.
You can download the PDF here:

6 Likes

The truth is out there… :alien:, but some further digging into archive records is required.

Guide to the Parke, Davis Research Laboratory Records
365 Cubic feet (510 boxes, 43 map folders)

4 Likes

Holy. Would be awesome to get a more detailed history of what they brought to Columbia and from where exactly. Where in Borneo? Why is Kalimantan in my head? We should move this topic to landrace and heirloom thread. I’ve told this story to many people over the years and never could prove I read it.

5 Likes

Absolutely incredible! They’ve always known its usefulness and tried to deprive its own citizens from all the good this plant does for us.

4 Likes

This has me pondering the migration route North or South from Thailand/Laos, or perhaps South originally from Mongolia and then China all the way down to Borneo. The royal fleet of several Chinese dynasties traveled far and wide, not to mention Chinese pirates. Surely, those salty dogs had some decent smoke for those long trips.

1 Like

Hard to say. The story about png gold is that it is a 1950’s Thai strain brought to new guinea after ww2. But if Borneo had cannabis in 1930, you’d think New Guinea would have it too.
No doubt Chinese ships have been all over at one time or another.

1 Like