Landraces of India

ukhrul is a landrace variety of the naga people cultivated a few years ago. 50 years old, it has a genetic heritage that relates it to manipur and wild cannabis from nagaland, a sativa variety with 15 to 16 weeks of flowering.

10 Likes

Nice lineup. Not picking, but It’s
Pamya
Meghalaya
Trimbak
Kashmir😁
Shillong is in the state of Meghalaya. They would be different cultivars, as there are thousands of growers there. Probably different strains entirely.
Are you going to grow one of these soon?

5 Likes

I want to germinate Meghalaya first, which is a producing shilong mango, the shilong is a more foxtail sativa with different aromas. They are two different strains although with a common origin apparently. I would like to germinate Ukhrul, but I will wait for an ukhrul (RSC) seed to make a parallel, of the two Ukhrul. It would be ideal to add some of those kiwi seed ukrhul that Ben mentions and make the parallel between the three. from the seeds of shiv9545 I want to investigate first. Meghalay, ukhrul, Brahma, trimbak and Panya. I have to decide what to germinate and study first. excited with so much wonder in seeds, to discover the treasures that our brother Shiv offered us

9 Likes

beautiful colors, beautiful plants, no traces of burns on the leaves, good ph and correct feeding. hermono grow funkyhorse. Could you tell us something about the taste, smell and type of effect, duration of the effect of your ukhrul RSC plants

6 Likes

Thanks.

I should have checked out the nice description here - https://kwikseeds.com/product/ukhrul-naga-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/

4 Likes

Ukhrul has excellent landrace resistance and it is very vigorous outdoor weed
The taste/smell is weird, I never smelt this thing before so I cant describe it, not of my liking though
Effect is light/mild, last less than an hour. For indian ganja is good because north indian weed dont have a high. It is either charas plants or bhang
I didnt finnish the jars of Ukhrul, made hash with it and still to this day I have the hash

This is a lucky Seedsman Haze july pheno from original pack x Ukhrul from last year, much better than Ukhrul but not as good as Seedsman Hz.
I finnished the jar when my thais were over
Landrace resistance of this variety is very good
You can see the Ukhrul purpling on the branches, buds retained the green of the seedsman hz, low productivity. 3 meter tall in 20 liter pots gave about 50 grams

I still have some packs of TRSC I will never grow. Malana Cream, Rasoli and Kumaoni come to mind. I dont mind giving them to you if I can deliver them inside the country I live in, I cant go to the post office and give my document for sending abroad. I comment it because I think it is doable
I am curious about the Malana Cream but I am not sure this is the right environment and I dont want to make charas, I love to smoke it but not to make it
Outdoors in the Andes should be a very interesting and happy grow. The sun is much stronger in the Andes than the Himalayas

18 Likes

There are potent ganja plants waiting to be found in all 3 regions you listed, but for sure, that would require a big pheno hunt and testing would make it easier. I would think the Himalayan strains would adapt quickly to your climate. You must be more tropical if you are worried…have you had bad plant performance before due to genetics?
Short flowering northern strains are grown at all latitudes. Typically short daylight hours, and not sun Intensity, are the issue in the tropics.
Read this before you give up on Malana😁

12 Likes

The selection work of modern cultivars has been done over decades. Landraces require Western growers to do extensive selection work. Some of us get lucky and get a few plants with favorable characteristics. Balochistan and Afghani farmers have narrowed down the gene pool to resinous, highly psychoactive and terpilicious varietals.

10 Likes

Nice! How was the high?

Apologies for jumping in so late, but where can I get beans?

2 Likes

Indianseeds97 on IG

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Matori

21 Likes

@GREANDAL Pretty plants. How long are you vegging them?

3 Likes

I haven’t decided yet. I’ll let them get big enough to sex and put them outside probably 2nd week of June? Depends on the weather but will start light dep in July.

3 Likes

Megahlaya, nice structure.

21 Likes

Hello shiv brother. Myself raj I’m from gujarat Ahmedabad. I want to know how to get manipur landrace stuff. Can you please help me out! My Instagram id :- hornok__please

Thanks.

5 Likes

I’ll be following your progress

1 Like

What ? I don’t understand what you said!

2 Likes

Hey shiv need your help give me your contact like insta or any I’d to chat with you

1 Like