Landscape photos. Show your beautiful bits!

Already considering it, daughters boyfriend is going out there with her for the last year, my daughter wants to live in Kelowna or close by.

We were looking at properties about an hour south of Kelowna, prices are a bit more reasonable closer to the border lol.

2 Likes

You couldn’t pay me to deal with the traffic in Kelowna. It’s gotten too big for its own good. 25 years ago it was fantastic. Much better housing values to be found either south (Penticton/Oliver/Osoyoos) or north of there. Vernon, Salmon Arm, Kamloops - all much better value, much less traffic and crime, and the exact same climate.

10 minute walk from my house (Kamloops) :

13 Likes

Very nice, Oliver was the area we were checking out, you can get a log cabin type house in the skiing areas for 200,000 to 300,000 depending on size. Thought about doing a B and B in the winter for skier’s with apre ski weed :rofl:

3 Likes

As long as you do your market research, I bet it would be a good plan! Being close to the border would have its advantages, too!

1 Like

This has me intrigued, the tree that is bent and between the 2 trees to the front right, is that still alive and growing, and which ends are top and bottom if you can remember?

Imgur

15 Likes

Not 100% sure will check that next time I’m back there in a few weeks.

3 Likes

Yellow stone… did ya happen to check out the pigtail bridges up and around Mount Rushmore?

3 Likes

No, for whatever reason, I spend most of my free time around the Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier and on my way back it’s more of a rush to get home. So I never had found the time. Should though… Maybe next time I’ll take the reverse route instead of what I typically do from the East coast, Northerly/West to Southerly/East.

2 Likes

Did ya happen to check out the petrified lava flows 20-30 miles from the Teton area they are located on a rest stop area in the way up there they are very cool ! It’s unbelievable how deep Yellowstone lake is up there!

2 Likes

We did not see those lava flows, @Tinytuttle. We put some miles on the truck around Yellowstone Lake though.
:smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can find the area and some pics

2 Likes

Los alisios.

21 Likes

That place looks like it’s on top of a mountain. Very ethereal looking.

Los vientos alisios que bajan desde las islas Azores y refrescan a las islas canarias. :guiño:

6 Likes

Some time with an early morning start with work, I’ve got to put up with this view. My office on the water lol

North Gold Coast

Cheers Johnny

20 Likes

Oy oy oy!
Nice view.

3 Likes

Ore Mountains …

:beers: cheers!

18 Likes

wow there are some beautiful pics here… :heart_eyes:

here is view from my small town center road:

my cherries are ready:

this is a view inside my valley, from my cherry:

17 Likes

Very nice, cant believe you have ripe cherries already, just finished frosts in the morning here :frowning:

5 Likes

Managed to get semi motivated and take some shots this week. Click on them for bigger version.

21 Likes