Lavender Collective Grow Show

Send me a message here in private if your intereted
I will say as a heads up it’s not a heavy purple strain as the name often leads many to believe.
The name comes from the smell and taste of the plant. I saw your thread about purple indica and this is far from it if that’s what your looking for.
The two main purple plants used back in the old days were a purple afghan that was about half green and half purple, really dark green with a royal purple color to it. It was very unique in Taste and appearance and I guessing is half of the sr71 purple kush. The sr71 purple kush or Oakland purple kush had the same taste but was more purple and a much smaller yield. Sr71 was a small club in Oakland in the beginning of the medical scene and they prob crossed it to something to increase the purple color as it used to be very rare.
The other purple plant that was around a long time ago was was a purple Hindu Kush that was a very short dark purple plant mostly grown as breeding stock due to it’s compact growth.
Then there was also mendo purps,bright purple color very little smell and weak in terms of potency.
There was alot of breeding with all of those in the early 2000 era trying to get a purple strain that was potent and tasted good, for a long time most purple weed was pretty but bunk as fuck lol seen stuff in the nineties that was the prettiest purple weed I’ve seen to this day but it smelled like tea and a ounce wouldn’t get you high.
Just don’t want you to waste time growing out herb that tastes like lavender when your looking for purples so thought I’d share a little info that might help with your hunt.

12 Likes

right on man thanx for this and the purple indica that i was talking about was not always purple it sometimes was green. but i mostly like the strain for the taste because nothing has come close to the taste its one of a kind for sure. have you grown out somas lavender? if you have what kind of taste did it have?

2 Likes

The lavender tastes like lavender and the snozberries taste like snozberries. In all seriousness though my lavender grow is documented here in this thread and the taste your looking for is not the lavender. I know the musky spicy dusty taste I think your looking for and it’s the original purple kush. The afghan purple kush , if you could get the Sr 71 it has the same taste just smaller buds but more solid purple. The is a purple sour diesal that has the same taste carried over from the purple kush. I’m not sure what the original purple afghan was, maybe a pure afghan maybe a cross of the purple Hindu to a afghan. Funny thing I just saw somebody smoking on a bunch of old school purple kush and the clone is making it’s rounds threw the California scene. I haven’t got a chance to grab one yet as the stores are a nightmare to deal with ( none near me and always out of clones) but i see it on a few places menus and knowing the industry somebody is bound to release some crosses of it soon.

11 Likes

Bro, that was as P-R-O-F-E-S-S-I-O-N-A-L as it gets!!! OG, OG, OG…THAT’S the “100” I speak of!!! Do stay safe/be well.

10 Likes

Clone from one of the original lavender girls that made it into the great outdoors mid August

25 Likes

I believe Mark has purple kush seeds available, I believe it’s an inbred line from him.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up , Im Not sure what it has to do with thread though. I’ll have to pass on those , nothing personal but I’ve reached out to him before about a few things and never got a response. Example how to you sell ghost og regular seeds but not list what it is crossed with. It’s a clone only and there fore would have to be fem seeds or a cross and poss backcross to stabilize. I understand the pricess are cheap but it’s just not my style. Huge open pollinations make it easy to produce large amounts of seed. Also makes mistakes and mix ups in the field a big reality.
Also I have a couple varieties of purple kush myself to play with and really don’t need to be buying anymore seeds lol
Popping some Pakistani chitral in the near future to cross to a handfull of things as a matter of fact.

9 Likes

Anytime i see someone listing regular seeds of clone only without lineage mentioned is a big red flag.

6 Likes

Yep especially when they happily communicate with others but don’t answer questions about that, I really don’t care but this is a thread about the lavender grow , seeds and those who may be growing it in the near future, the post was just out of place.

5 Likes

Did you have a chance to flower out and sample any non seeded lavender plants yet?

1 Like

No but my buddy has one in his yard , the one pictures above most recently and it smells great.
Non seeded smoke report coming by the end of October :wink:

8 Likes

Awesome. I plan on popping some of them real soon. Currently 5 weeks into flower on some Bodhi Space Monkey plants. I know the wookie 15 dad is a lavender cross. And most reports on it describe it as lavender smelling. But, I have no idea what the hell lavender smells like? Have you ever grown the space monkey?

3 Likes

Oh sorry, that was more adding to The response to purple drank about getting ahold of purple kush, I guess it should of been @Purple_Drank604, or just posted in his purple indica thread which I now realize is the same guy :man_facepalming:
Oh another note, I got some lavender seeds that were gifted to me, going to be popping a few of those in the next cycle or two.

4 Likes

No worries just trying to keep things going in the right direction

7 Likes

Speaking of things going in the right direction @50State did yours land ?

3 Likes

I picked it up today. Was thinking about them on the weekend and today they showed up.

Thanks again

7 Likes

30 Likes

That’s looks lavendary lol… you still planning on that purple rain?

I most certainly am , I was just talking with some friends about when I’m going to grow the grape crush out to do that cross.

8 Likes

Nice! I remember when you first mentioned growing it out… glad to see you’re finally getting that strain… I remember you saying it reminded you of your father. With how good the lavender looks I bet purple rain is gonna look phenomenal. Can’t wait to see when it’s done

5 Likes