Leaf Curl Issue

Lol. I misread it for months as LIT AF. And I was like yeah we should all be getting Lit As Fuck.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve seen this on a couple of strains under LED and I think itā€™s either high EC / hot N + in young plants + environemntal heat. It seems to get less severe as the plant matures. Iā€™ve never worrie too much about it

1 Like

I do agree I use ledā€™s and seen this issue many times

But at this stage let the ladies dry out and lightly feed and cut way. Back on the Nitrogen

If its a hot soil issue as well flush them babies then feed with a compost tea
Peace
Paps
The gray haired bandito
Always LAF lol

1 Like

Whatever youā€™re using as foliar spray, theyā€™re not liking it.
Apart from that theyā€™re looking great!

2 Likes

For me that thatā€™s usually too high on the nutes or theyā€™re recently pollinatedā€¦

1 Like

Thanks @Rogue they have all perked back up. I appreciate you taking time out to lend a hand.

1 Like

I just wanted to let you know that itā€™s looking good and just donā€™t overthink things but I hope that you have gotten it under control happy growing The Doc

1 Like

Thanks Doc!

I keep having similar issues with my mother tent. Solely my mother tent. Right now itā€™s 3 affected plants and 1 plant looks really pissed she has quite a few tacoing leaves. I have 20 plants in that tent and 3 plants with the tacoing of the leaves. Im not sure whats going on but it started about a month ago when I started really spraying my IPMā€™s routinely. Iā€™ve noticed athena kinda burns my ladies im still trying to dial her in but what does everyone think? I use athena, azamax, suffoilx, and lost coast plant therapy for my IPMā€™s. I rotate every week. Before I was feeding at 50% strength and started to notice the leaves and sprayed another time that week and here and there Iā€™ve been spraying an extra time per week when Iā€™m feeling paranoid. This tent is now on full strength jacks 321 and recharge whenever I can remember it up to 2x a week if the plants need watered that often. Everytime I spray IPM itā€™s during lights on but I turn the lights off immediately after, turn the oscillating fans up, and the exhaust fan up for 30 minutes to an hour till the leaves dry. This has been an ongoing problem for about a month now and i check daily for pests with a jewelers loup and wifi microscope and nothing has changed. Heres a pic of the whole tent. I donā€™t have current pics but the stress and tacoing has only gotten worse on the affected plants. I asked my fiance for new pics but if nothing else ill upload new pics when i get home

3 Likes

@CrunchBerries @Rogue @KETAMINE_GRENADE @Papalag @George @Shanti-ri. Any input would be appreciated thanks for your time

2 Likes

I have no experience with synthetics and I donā€™t see any real issue.

Then again, Iā€™m all organic and I donā€™t care about insects eating bits of my plants, they keep growing anyway. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Looking at the affected leaves 2 things come to mind

• heat stress
    *root problem due to over watering

It could be either or a combination of both
Increase air flow add fans

Lights too close possibly

If over watering allow to dry out

Check the soil if it has sufficient drainage

For the most part the color still looks good so you caught this in the beginning

3 Likes

@Papalag I use pure canna coco coir no additives. The tent is set at 76Ā° F and 65 rh. Plants get watered when the top soil gets dry and they start feeling light. Light is set at minimum intensity and over 2ft from the canopy level. When I water the plants I water to runoff. The affected plants are in 1 gallon containers and they get a half gallon per plant to slight runoff about every 3-4 days now at full strength jacks 321

1 Like

1 Like

Fresh pics. Donā€™t mind the variegated leaves thats just sour diesel ajs cut throwing a fit

1 Like

Iā€™m seeing a similar phenomenon on one of my plants. Itā€™s a new clone for me, in a different tent.
I was thinking mine could be low humidity related, but your rh is much higher with the same problemā€¦

1 Like

I know this issue isnā€™t related with the environment although when I first noticed it it was due to humidity being mid 40s after the cold snap and then a few days later I got a humidifier that would work with my inkbird controller with a bigger tank and my humidity has been steady in the 60s bare minimum. Itā€™s also not pest related damage as ive been checking daily with a loupe and microscope. Itā€™s not light related because Iā€™ve moved my light up 2-3x now and Iā€™m now over 2ft from the canopy at minimum intensity. Only thing I can think of is lack of nutes or too much IPM or too strong of IPM sprays even tho I keep it at or under 1% strength on most sprays

1 Like

In my opinion itā€™s not that bad of a case maybe ease off on your nutes a little otherwise it looks fine to meā€¦Iā€™ve had that happen to me a few times but hey Iā€™m one of those growers that donā€™t do any overthinking when I grow these plants, itā€™s a weed folks.

3 Likes

So if i was at 50% nutes and bumped it up these past few waterings to 100% should i back off to 75% strength? Idk the leaf curl is driving me crazy making me think there is a pest issue and I just want it solved because I share my cuts with others frequently and surely donā€™t want to pass along any issues. So many mixed opinions im not sure where to start. Iā€™ve heard overfeeding, underfeeding, environmental, IPM related, light stress, and heat stress but the only thing that fits the bill in my eyes would be underfeeding. I have a buddy who swears you gotta feed these elite clones at 3.0 ec and im just underfeeding. Worst case scenario if things donā€™t get better in a month max Iā€™ll just take 2 cuts per strain and start from scratch with fresh cuts

1 Like

The coco coir did you add perlite to it

If not then definitely too wet

1 Like