Leaf look funny. Help please

Week 5 of flower and noticed a few of these guys while clearing canopy. Thoughts from the experts? I have two in the same tent on same everything. Other lady is beautiful. Snow thrower from seed. Thanks.

5 Likes

Show more of the plants. Isolated leaves aren’t the best indication of what’s going on.

2 Likes

Hmmm, what are you feeding and what’s your pH?

I almost want to say a micronutrient deficiency but also want to say something fungal.

Def show more plant and give some more details!

1 Like

Added a couple more shots of the groupings where it was. The color is definitely lighter on this plant than my other one. I assumed was an aging thing with nearing mid to late flower but the spots concerned me. Other plant shows no signs of anything. I have been using the BAS method but added a fish shit right before flower to experiment.

1 Like

This won’t tell you the problem, but a good thing to check to give you an idea is where the deficiencies are showing up. Lower leaf deficiencies are usually symptomatic of mobile nutrient deficiencies. The leaves die back and the plant can cannabilize it to redistribute the nutrients to new growth.

Since this is new growth it likely isn’t mobile. Other symptoms that will help with diagnosis is yellowing of leaf margins and tissue, but green veins. In a lot of plants this can be characteristic of iron, might be the same here. Most times, iron deficiencies are a result of pH being slightly high or not supplementing depleted soil. Since you supplemented, I would try checking pH of medium vs just the runoff which can be misleading

3 Likes

Iron deficiency usually shows at the start of the leaf, where the bladelets meet the petiole.

The interveinal chlorosis/patches like that is usually Phosphorous deficiency :thinking:

Could maybe be potassium though too since it’s on the leaf margins, even though it’s not rusted yet.

The plant look like N is low too. Maybe just needs a little boost of everything or there’s a ph or possible lockout situation going on.

I’d definitely start with checking the PH of the run-off before doing anything like was said above ^^

13 Likes

@HolyAngel coming with the pics! Love that!!

If you are in soil and have not had many issues id lean on the pH bit I would recommend soil pH in situ. Runoff is more general and can be swayed by salt build up and other artifacts from fertilizing.
The soil pH is also going to tell you what environment the roots and fertilizer have to contend with. It could be your last supplement changed pH or is encouraging some nutrient antagonism

3 Likes

I’d also think about the oxygen, is it enough of it here?

That far in flower I’d chalk it up to onset of natural senescence.

2 Likes

Has anyone thought about light stress?