Leaf’s Green crack + Blue god

Ya go ahead and jam that stake in there…you might get a few roots but she’ll be ok!

2 Likes

Awesome, thx. Just slowly put the bamboo sticks in… seems fine. Now they’ll have some extra support!

Few pics of the green crack before that - trying to determine this odd shaped pre-flower… well hoping it shoots a pistil out of it anyways. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Sure looks female to me!

2 Likes

Hoping so! Haven’t flipped the lights yet, tomorrow will be the day. Just waiting for that little pistil to pop up. But kinda looks like two leaves forming inside, hard to see in the photos let alone in person lol

2 Likes

Ya don’t take my word for it, but definitely looks like a calyx in the circled pic. You’ll know for sure soon enough!

3 Likes

Patience little grasshopper lol it’s like watching paint dry :confused: the closer it gets to harvest the more patience you will need my friend.

3 Likes

Haha definitely patience! Nothing but love for these girls so no sense rushing :slight_smile:

Well a little update . DAY 3 FLOWER : fed 4 days ago, maybe blue god is getting a little thirsty ?

BLUE GOD

GREEN CRACK

5 Likes

They look great leaf , what size pots you using?

1 Like

Thanks. Wouldn’t be too concerned about the drooping leaves on blue god ? Sure sucked up a lot of water these past 4 days lol.

Pots are 11.4 litres or 3 U.S. Gal.

1 Like

That plant will be a Female…see the shape, like a tear drop? It is coming off the stalk of the plant,
male pre flowers will be larger, on a “stalk” not directly on the stem, and not as pointed on the ends.
Within a few days she will show you with 2 nice white pistils coming out…

With THAT picture it is hard to tell…I have to go sex plants right now, IF I see a good example of either male or female pre flower…I will post a picture in here for you.

4 Likes

Thanks jet, I’m just staying positive and saying they will both be female heh. Two bagseeds too! I keep seeing more tear drop shaped ones near the top so I’m just waiting for those pistils to show :slight_smile: thanks for the advice !

2 Likes

The plant looks healthy, she has big leaves but the smaller inside ones look like they’re fine, does she need some water?

2 Likes

Beauties! Huge fan leaves on that blue god. If the pot isn’t light then it’s probably not dry, you’ll get the feel after a few water cycles… sometimes they do weird stuff when they start to flower too. Like they tend to be a bit droopy in the morning just when the light comes on.

2 Likes

It’s a lot lighter than when I watered it but I’ll say she’s still pretty good. Don’t want to overwater her so I’ll just give it a couple days… last time was almost 2 weeks before water but she definitely grew a lot since lol.

Thanks @beacher yeah these are some of the biggest fan leaves I’ve grown so far! The size of my hand and I have long fingers heh. So I’ll just keep a close eye on her :slight_smile: thanks for all the input. Love this forum!

3 Likes

This Afghani I’m growing has huge leaves too man , the big fan leaves including the stems stick out like 10 in its hard for them not to droop lol

4 Likes

Niiice. no kidding, be a heavy fan leaf to hold up! Physics I guess, makes sense! :smile:

3 Likes

Just make sure you are getting plenty of active air and have a fan in your cabinet if you don’t already brother

3 Likes

Little update :slight_smile:
Watered last night - buckets were feeling really light.

Happy this morning!

Still waiting on the sex of the green crack, some look like tear dropped shapes, others kinda looking like tiny balls so I’m not sure yet! Still haven’t seen those pistils I’ve been waiting on!

4 Likes

I think my green crack turned out to be male. Kinda sad, was excited for that one! Now only one plant in the cabinet.

Another concern : possible hermie on the blue god. Odd shaped pre flower that almost looks male shaped. Hoping just a weird leaf but daaaamn

Edit - almost positive blue god is a hermie. Fawwwk… pistils and little balls lower on the node. SO first time this has ever happened - what the hell do i do?!

Luckily I have some seeds on way … but I wonder what’s some people’s opinions on this… should I grow out my blue god !? @lefthandseeds any ideas from an expert? Thx!

Hang on, let me go find an expert. :joy: But for real, every time you think you’ve got it all nailed down, you’ll get a plant or grow that takes you for a spin!

I’d let it grow another week or so and just see how it goes. You’ve already put in some time on it, and still have at least 2 weeks before you have to start worrying about pollen. If you’re 100% certain it’s a herm, then just trash it. You’ll get massively seeded buds, and the seeds will all grow up to be herms. But if you want to wait it out for a week or two, there’s no harm.

3 Likes