Lebanese Landrace by Real Seed Company - Outdoor

9 Likes

Hey I know these are older pictures, but can you tell me if these are from seed, or cuttings in Sea of Green type method? I knew Lebanese was short but those are shorter than I expected.

1 Like

they can be quite small if they are shaded or flowered with a short veg.
they can grow up to 5 feet in an outdoor season.

@zephyr How do they like being topped. I have three or four popped babys.

2 Likes

That’s great, glad you got some established. I need to get some of these lebanese popping for the outdoor season.

I haven’t topped one yet, they have such a variety of structures and growth habits I’m usually just curious to see how they develop. But I think they would respond well.

Give them a minute to get established though, wait until they start to take off or it might stunt them. They occasionally have a tendency to turn into dwarves when shaded out or stressed early on.

Some of the slow growing ones top themselves naturally and grow 4 to 8 colas in a low round bush structure. These ones don’t get more than 3 feet tall but have a lot of bud on their frames. I’d say leave the slow ones with dense internodes be, and top the lankier faster growing ones.

I think the ones with natural growth like totem poles or lanky christmas trees could really benefit from topping. They will probably fill in more, and if you can get the totem phenos to put out multiple tops they could give you a much better yield.

Maybe you’ll get them all looking like the branchy round shrub phenos, which would be a great outcome because those usually seem to produce the best yields and densest bud despite their short stature.

5 Likes