Lebathon - A year in Lebanon

:drooling_face: mmmm I do love it

4 Likes

Happy Holidays

3 Likes

I used the pollen on 5 plants 4 the same and one ONI seeds. Sorry can’t think of the cross. I know some of the smaller plants have got to be some of your other seeds. Sorry I drop tags. I need stakes it’s not a big deal to me. But I’m sure someone would like to know.

4 Likes

Syrian x BB Lebanese #1 (43 days, medium height) “The Flash”

I was never really able to make these happy after my initial goof up, but we pressed on and got a good first look at these. I think I’ll stop here for a while and do selections on these, probably mixing it up between F1s and some F2 selections.

This one isn’t a big yielder; however the blooming rate on these (and especially this fastest finisher) is just insane. At 43 days, we’re finished. There’s only a very few white hairs on the plant at all, and the seed I checked is brown. Pure insanity.

The thing I probably like the least about these medium/tall phenos is that the stems are very thin. Once the flower stack, they can’t really hold their own weight. This one did, a few others didn’t and I had to tie them up a bit.

About this specific plant – pistils are the sort of pure bright orange in color, just like the Syrian mom. I like the speed of flowering time, and resin is great. Smells are a little piney and a bit tart – a lot of Black Leb coming through on most of these. Nugs are a good size, leafiness is low. It has a few nanners I’m also not fond of – nothing major, but just a couple. Two of her sisters are doing worse in that department. Very little coloration.

These medium height plants would still be a great hybrid for an Afghan. I think about hybridizing to something like the Hindu Kush/Cherry Queen auto I’m working on. There’s also a dwarf pheno I’ll show later, which could have some great applications as well.

21 Likes

Waiting for a smoke report, nugs are generous compared to the rest of the plant … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure what to expect. The Syrian apparently can have a lot of THCV, which is not really psychoactive. However, it’s nice to smoke in the daytime. There could be some interesting effects with the more THC-heavy BB Leb in the mix. I might take a sample to get tested if I feel there’s something unusual about the smoke.

9 Likes

Tux Babes

I had a few spots in the male tent to transfer the biggest ones. I really like the one on the lower left with the big Kandahar looking leaves and the pillowy serrations. It’s growing quite vigorously, and I think I might take a cutting. These are still on veg timings, and I’ll wait a while longer before I flip them.

I’m hoping a lot of the Syrian/Lebs finishing in the next couple days so I can transplant more. I don’t have too many expectations for this run… just trying to get a lay of the land and hopefully find a lot more sexually stable plants. A couple of them have that chlorotic streak in them… not quite sure what that’s about. We’ll see what becomes of it.

I’m experimenting with a nutrient profile closer to tomatoes. Veg seems to have been a bit light on K though. Ca is massive in this recipe (150-200ppm). Also experimenting with higher amounts of boron (2ppm). K grows to 350ppm by peak flower. With the Afghan in the mix, I can push the nutrients quite a bit more than the Lebanese I think. Should make life a little easier.

22 Likes

Where did the original haze landraces begin and where can you find them now?

4 Likes

Here ya go!

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Wow those are quick 43 days
The flash is right.

3 Likes

I gave some away. They said it looked like haze. BL. They liked it. It’s great stuff.

2 Likes

SyrianLeb #2 - (46 Days, tall height)

This one was a tall freak. I cut it and tied it to itself for pictures because it wasn’t gonna stand up. Really, it just grew a lot like a sativa. It had prolific branching and narrow leaves. Too many nanners for me to consider it. Has a great smell though – in some ways it reminds me of jungle spice. mmmm

21 Likes

SyrianLeb #3 (49 days, medium height)

This was a pretty nice plant. Gosh, it really reminds me of the blue hemp leb, but with more resin. I love the structure. I’ve only seen 1 nanner on it. It’s still a really fast finisher, though 43 days makes me drool a little more. Yield is good, resin is good, flowering time is good, branching is good, sexual stability is pretty good. I only see 1 nanner on the plant and it came it right at the end. It’s a pretty well rounded plant. Smell is complex and hard to describe - a little tart and enjoyable, but nothing I can really put my finger on. Lowers keep a short spacing between bud sites. I might grow a few seeds from this one next time I run these if I like the smoke.

32 Likes

Faster than early girl. Crazy. 45 days. Incredible.

3 Likes

Yea there’s some phenos in here that are just incredibly fast. Most aren’t quite as fast as early girl, but they’re all pretty close. The dwarf phenos are a few days out yet, but that was the slightly longer Syrian pheno. I think they’re really cool. I might use the dwarf pheno to make an auto. It’d be good for that kind of small grow.

9 Likes

Dwarf Action (53 days)

This is the better of the two. I only found one nanner on this one, so that’s pretty good for a Leb. The other one was slightly taller, but I also found a male flower that came out late, so seeds from that one are out of the question.

After some consideration, the dwarf phenotype of Syrian/Leb is going to be my selection. I will probably grow some seeds from this girl (F2) and also probably more from F1 again. I have always felt that it’s important to recognize rare traits, and even if they aren’t what you had in mind, to keep them. I think the dwarf trait in this line is valuable, especially when combined with the earliness that it has and the energetic high.

Why? Well my original intention for Lebanese was to have something that wasn’t afghan to breed with sativas. Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE Afghans. But they are very dominant in crosses, and realistically, they are by far the most important and also most represented strains in modern cannabis.

With the Syrian/Leb, I think there is opportunity for making new hybrids that are pretty unique, and I can’t imagine a better plant to cross directly with long flowering sativas than something that controls stretch, adds bud density, decreases flowering time and yet doesn’t have a downer high.

So that’s where I’m going to take this project. I think this dwarf is super cute, and I can’t wait to give it a smoke test.

That said, I sampled some bud off the first finisher yesterday. Wonderful high! Great clarity, a little bit of raciness, and quite a bit stronger than I expected. It had some ‘burned popcorn’ flavor to it, which I’m not totally crazy about. I’m hoping that when it cures, that’ll change too.

35 Likes

Well my original intention for Lebanese was to have something that wasn’t afghan to breed with sativas. Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE Afghans.

I 1000% agree with this mindset and your entire approach to this project is fantastic. Keen to see how the Syrian/Lebs turn out in crosses.

5 Likes

those syrian/lebanese are really interesting.

by the way, if you start those lebanese ‘pink’ I gave you, keep an eye out for nice males with some purple or red stripes in their flowers. I’m starting to run low on the pink selection, and so far I have only preserved it as ‘pink’ females x males from the ‘green’ selection.

if you find a nice male in the lebanese ‘pink’ selection and it suits your project and breeding goals, I hope you’ll consider keeping it.

10 Likes

Do you know if those have any CBD phenotypes? I popped some of the willy g’s, but am getting a pretty bad germination rate so far. Seeds are kinda light in color unfortunately. I might need a backup plan.

I was wanting to breed hemp, but if I can’t get a decent male from these willy’s then I’d go for something with at least some CBD after that. I know the other RSC Lebs I grew definitely had some CBD floating around in there. The Syrian/Leb or even the Black/Blue Lebs before that don’t seem to have it.

8 Likes

you’ll definitely find plenty of cbd phenos in my rsc selections. the effect from the majority of them feels like a cbd and lesser cannabinoid high and medicinal attributes. the green selection has more phenos with a thc feeling in the high, but none of them are high thc like modern genetics, and all of them are balanced with some cbd and other cannabinoids.

these are from the original rsc lebanese gathered from a farm in lebanon, and they have only been selected one generation in my outdoor grow. I only selected for plants that can survive in PNW outdoor conditions.

it’s not a heavily worked line like the black lebanese, so you won’t find plants with as much thc as that line has.

10 Likes