Lebathon - A year in Lebanon

Hey @lefthandseeds, do you have any more of the Black and or Blue Leb, Syrian stuff left? I wish I’d gotten up with you sooner about them. I see nothing but stunning results from those genetics. I may have something you’d interested in. Nice job on that stuff. peace

5 Likes

I dropped 6 of the Lebanese x Point Break beans in the water the other day. All 6 germinated, and are now in the clone dome to sprout.
I think these will be fun plants to play with!

10 Likes

Woohoo! I’m really a big fan of the Willy G Lebanese effects. Mild psychoactivity for sure, but stronger than I had expected. It’s the right amount for me to get relaxation, and pain reduction. Probably a great strain for anxiety and depression as well.

14 Likes

What’s it like aroma/flavor wise? I heard it’s pretty interesting….

3 Likes

The Black Lebanon has a old school taste. Earthy with the hint of gas’s. The haze tasted about the same. But the one I just did. Has a great taste. With some sour aftertaste. Like old school B bud from Canada. With the dominant Lebanon taste as well.

4 Likes

Yeah. I’m finding the Point Break similar. It seems like you’re only a tiny bit high, but there is this very noticeable deep relaxation. Soft, but really nice. And I’m having much better sleep than usual.
If the Leb can enhance this a bit, add some more interesting terps and magic… it’ll be real interesting stuff.

6 Likes

Mine has quite a bit of pine to it, which I really like. I haven’t smoked in a few weeks but I’ll try and figure out what else is in there when I do. Pine is what really sticks in my memory right now though.

8 Likes

Pine taste I do agree. Really earthy.

1 Like

The little Lebs are growing slowly, but are doing good. It’s been real cold again, so they really have been tested. . I thought we were having a warm spring…but its normal. Some purple shoots on a couple plants.
Will get pics when they are bigger…

8 Likes

Looking forward to it! Hopefully you get some warmer weather soon so those plants can take off. I just read we’re supposed to get more snow this week. Still a few weeks to last frost.

6 Likes

The Black and Blue Lebs are in their final home now. 3 in each earthbox . I had no bottom grate for the one earthbox, so I thought I’d try a variation of Hugelkulture, an ancient growing style. I put down a bunch of rotted wood In lieu of the grate, and leaves in lieu of the plastic cover. Compost was added to the cracks and spaces in the wood, it was well soaked, and then covered with soil. A line of fertilizer is buried at two heights. Some homemade blend I did. 4/8/3 or so. The idea is that the roots will grow down into the rotting wood, which acts as a water reservoir and food source. I hope it works okay. Wanted to try this grow style out for years.
@lefthandseeds these sure do look like Sativas. :+1:. I might have to change my mind about Lebanese cannabis after growing these. The plants were exposed to a couple frosts and many upper 30’s, low 40’s nights. I can see the purple tips on 6 of 7 plants. All of them held up well, and took care of themselves. That’s why I chose them. Easy to grow, hard to kill.
So far, 6 females, one unknown. Are these feminized or am I lucky?

15 Likes

Cool setup @Upstate! I did something similar in a raised bed and used a bunch of wood scraps for drainage. Although my most recent bed I just built over a tree stump so I wouldn’t have to do work to remove it.

I’ve grown plenty of males from those exact seeds, so I think you got lucky. They’re heart plants for sure. Although I figure anything that can survive me growing it has to be pretty strong. :joy:

10 Likes

I have a section in my garden built over an old apple tree stump, and everything always does extra well right there.

I can’t believe it! Could I get 7 for 7? Just one unknown left… If there are no males, I have a Turkish male to make a few seeds with my favorite Leb.
Hoping to be able to pass you back some pure B and B from my favorite lady(ies)

6 Likes

I’m just getting to the bottom of my jar of the Point Break x Leb black I made a while back.

It is really unique smelling bud, and it must mostly be from the Leb side, cause my point breaks were all sour diesel smell.
This cross It’s like black cherries, coffee, tobacco, earthy smelling.
And a really nice high too!

I only got 30-50 seeds from the pollen @lefthandseeds have me. So I’m gonna make a bunch more next winter and look for a nice keeper mom.

:+1::green_heart:

6 Likes

How much bigger should I let them get to end up with a 3 or 4 footer? They are maybe a foot, but as you can see, plants early season here really stretch out and there are not many nodes. Do I top? I Like the idea of a single cola as much as i.do a bushy plant.

Oh yeah. The stash jars are nearly empty.

8 Likes

I think those should hit 4ft. I don’t veg anything especially long, and I usually get about 4 feet.

7 Likes

I just acquired some Lebanese semi autos and I was hoping to run them outdoors this year but that plan just went down the toilet.

6 Likes

TBH I never top anything anymore. I just don’t need yield and I usually want to see the natural structure when I’m making seeds (which is always).

The phenos you got look pretty low branching. I’d probably just leave them.

8 Likes

What happened?

2 Likes

It’s a long story. I just had to retool at short notice and I have plant counts i need to think about and running a bunch on my balcony just isn’t wise anymore.

4 Likes