Lebathon - A year in Lebanon

I hate it when you get to sleep and one flys up your nose. My wife had a freak attack. Where these 🪰 coming from? I don’t know baby. I knew. Ants also that was my fault for using fish stuff. I have figured out how to stop that also. Favoloso the One with baking soda I believe. In my opinion leaves the air funky. I get a container and put some into it. Every few day keep adding. I don’t think they like the smell.

3 Likes

Black & Blue Leb

This is maybe the best Black & Blue Leb pheno I’ve grown yet. I really feel like I’m getting some of these dialed in on the nutrient requirements. Jet black as you can see, like the black leb. Really nice branching structure, resin and bud density. This one would be pretty difficult to distinguish from a pheno of black lebanon. I’m not sure if this is an F1 or F2, but I’m going to keep seeds from it for sure.

39 Likes

I like it :heart_eyes: Chunky and funky? The nose on those Lebs make it worth growing. Then you get to smoke them too!

Lovely structure

6 Likes

Man, that is an attractive plant. She has it all. Who was it that sells these seeds?

3 Likes

Hey @GMan I believe the original breeder of the Black Lebanon is geneseeds https://geneseeds.eu/cnnbs/strains/

3 Likes

Thanks. Seems like he said that Black and Blue was the name of the seed shop or breeder? And, he also had another Leb from somewhere else, maybe this one. peace

2 Likes

@GMan black and blue is my cross. It uses the geneseeds Lebanese that @Oldtimerunderground mentioned and Lebanese from the breeder blue hemp Switzerland.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, Blue Hemp. Thanks.

In that case, damn, man. That is a beauty. I hope you are maybe preserving it. I’d love to get my hands on some of those when it happens.

3 Likes

Thanks Lefty, took the words out of my mouth. Does blue hemp Switzerland still sell the Lebanese? Or are they now defunct? Can’t seem to find much, if anything, about them.

5 Likes

They’ve been defunct for a while I think.

6 Likes

I agree. Very nice looking arm. Lol

1 Like

The colors are gorgeous.

4 Likes

Oh crap. heh… Good luck with your project. That girl looks almost perfect. Nice work. I have that pollen then, I think. Does that sound right? If I do, then I need to think hard about where it should go. For real. Maybe even a trade or donation for a cutting of yours in the future if that’s feasible?

Those black strains look so pretty outside in the sun. I can’t wait to hear a smoke report on this one.

Seems like all of my volunteers that popped up still make me think the 4P was the dad. I’m geting 11 finger leaves on a few of them. One has 13 because of two more of the smallest fingers added two more growing backwards and on top of the fan. I think another one has 14 because of the same stuff. I hope it’s the 4P Haze. Im gonna start new seeds of it, in hopes of finding one or two nice females.

I went up to the mountains to get clones off of what I took them, but they were still too small. He kept them inside because of rainy weather, and only recently put them outside. The PPP I took to them look really good and one has very fat leaves. Is there a particular pheno to look for in the PPP in case I get to mate some? I think I took them 5-6 plants so he’ll get a male or two most likely. I really want to keep that going down here, and want to give away more to the locals. I only got a male last year and may even have a little viable pollen. I’ll have my secretary get right on it. :expressionless:

7 Likes

Good reading.

1 Like

I found a nice pink pistil lebanese phenotype to cross with a long flowering chinese heirloom sativa.

This short branchy lebanese pheno will also help with branching and structural traits. The chinese sativa doesn’t start to branch out until it is about 3 feet tall, and it will be well over 10 feet tall by the time it finishes.

Crossing it to a short, branchy, quick flowering lebanese pheno will be a good way to reduce the size and flowering time. It should also keep a similar aromatic to the chinese sativa because both have notes of melon.

I cross almost everything I grow to the lebanese to make hybrids for my medical use. But in this case I was also inspired by the romulan and its breeding process. In the 60’s a group of veterans in california hybridized the korean and chinese sativas they had brought back from korea in the 50’s with new sativa lines being brought back from vietnam.

Then in the late 60’s they crossed it to the newly introduced imported indicas to make the plants shorter and quicker flowering so they could grow them in their backyards.

I’m going to make several variations on this theme by crossing the chinese to several small quick flowering branchy indica heirlooms.

15 Likes

That’s a cool idea. I like messing with these Lebanese. They have a lot to offer. I’m thinking a lot about 2-way and 3-way hybrids with Lebanese. I think with all the access to landrace genetics, we could come up with some new simple hybrids, like a lot of the 80s and 90s era stuff.

12 Likes

I picked up some Yunnan seeds from here recently. I haven’t learned a lot about it yet.

5 Likes

I have a Lebanese breeding project in the works as well. These plants look great my friend. Definitely a lot of potential with this line!

5 Likes

I can’t wait to start my own breeding projects with the Lebanese too. I really love the ideas from @zephyr and @lefthandseeds, I plan on crossing them with some sativas, as well as other landraces for some really interesting crosses.

6 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about! Going with a variety of crosses to see how the pools interact. I’ll be hitting my Lebanese stud to; Lebanese, skunk haze, Sour Diesel, bubba kush, gucciberry, and malawi from Ace.

4 Likes