LEDSeedz Team #2 -- 9LB Hammer x Starfighter

Looking great, WC. I didn’t start seeing any amber on mine until this past week. I had planned to chop the last one last night but band rehearsal ran late so I’ll be chopping it tonight.

Mine were ready at 9-10 weeks of 12/12 and since they didn’t show actual pistols until a week into 12/12 I would consider that 8-9 weeks flowering time.

6 Likes

Soil Grow Update - Harvest Complete

I got the last girl chopped, trimmed and hung last night. This one by far has more personality in the flavor/smell department. It started wafting around the house hard while trimming. It smelled like my wife had just mopped the floors with Pine-Sol. Undertones of skunk, orange and licorice?

I’ll post up a grow debriefing with comments and observations of growing the strain when it’s compiled followed by a smoke report after it’s been in the jar a couple of weeks. The clones taken are looking great at about a week into flower.

SMoked a few bong rips of girl #6 when I got home from work a while ago. Yeah mon :yum:

9 Likes

no joke on the health either… usually see at least some brown tips by harvest time damn. very nice.

3 Likes

So I am curious if you would say these all seem like the same strain and have similarities, or are there some major differences?

I found the 9LB hammers to be all over the damn place but decided to take the strong stringent one and make these for freebies originally. I’ve pretty much aborted every strain that even leans Tangie which the 9LB reminded me of. Also the fact it was called 9Lb Hammer and hit like a tack hammer kind of ruined it for me.

I guess what I am really asking is, is this something that is unique enough to narrow down something, or does it fall in to the 'It’s just weed man" category?

No pressure.

8 Likes

still laughing…

I crossed some things with a male that I had. those crosses hit harder than the 9 lb buds I tasted too.

6 Likes

Overall they were all very similar with only slight differences. #3 and #7 were slightly lankier with more spacing between node and have the orange peel and pine-sol smell. Both #2 #6 were short/stockier and have more of a greasy/diesel/grapefruit smell. So I’m guessing I had 2 each of 2 phenos. The male I collected pollen from was the same stature as #3 and #7 with the longer spaces between nodes and lower fan leaves that looked kind of like okra leaves.

I have been smoking a little of #3 and #6 which have been in jars about a week now. #3, with the poor health and issues is a better smoke than #6 at this point. Harder hit and thicker stone. They still need another week or two of cure before I could make a final call.

This strain is very stealthy for someone worried about loud odor when growing. I could not smell them outside the tent all the way to the end. Compared to my AK47 that starts permeating downstairs with a cherry skunky funk from 6 weeks of flower until the end.

I have clones of #2 #3 and #7 in flower now. All these cutting rooted in 7-10 days in my cloner. The cutting from #6 never rooted. It was culled after 2 weeks and had wilted.

8 Likes

Hey @ganjajuana did you find any nanners on any of your girls?

Two ancillary branches kinda touch at the tops so I gently bend them away from each other and I seen a bunch of dust floating. It was just too fine. Too consistent in size and shape. I just knew…
You’ll notice the picture is garbage, maybe you don’t see anything funny, so I’ll make sure to get a better picture uploaded from the real camera. The yellow spot on the right is just the anther, no sepals = nanner.
On the left is a full blown male flower, anthers surrounded by sepals which have opened in the last 36 hours.
No use crying over spilt milk, right? I’ll update again as soon as my next move has been decided

5 Likes

I found a dozen or so on girl #3 when trimming. They were all low on the plant and I didn’t find any seeds in her so I’m guessing they popped out late in flower.

I found a few seeds in girl #2 when trimming it but could not find any signs of nanners. I think it may have got some rogue pollen from a plant I pollinated on purpose. It was near it in the tent and I must have moved the pollinated plant back into the tent too soon. Or maybe they are hermie? IDK I trashed them.

4 Likes

I am unsure of the root cause but it seems pretty clearly stress induced – temperature and drought are my best guesses. Her sister will take her place in the flower room while she goes back to veg

3 Likes

I’m actually not surprised. I almost expected to find some issue because I had seen an issue on one of the 9lb hammers while testing the smoke after I made these with the other pheno. I did have my fingers crossed but it is what it is. Hopefully someone finds a killer pheno that runs these and can pass it on as a clone only.

7 Likes

I was heartbroken to see it. Thank you for the opportunity to run her, and stay tuned, her sister may surprise us yet!

4 Likes

Lil sis is already starting to stretch, and has plenty of room to do so. Upgraded from ~2gal to 10gal about two weeks before flip

6 Likes

Two weeks in and the stretch is starting to slow

7 Likes

9 # Hammer x Starfighter - Test Grow – Soil - Debriefing and Smoke Report

Eight seeds planted straight into cups of moist Promix on December, 25 2017. All seeds sprouted and plants were up from 4-7 days.

Plants were under small T5 fixture for the first 2 weeks and a space heater was used in the grow room while I experienced very low temps from a freaky winter. Grow room temps were 60-65F much of that time.

At 24 days from seed, plants were up-potted to 1 gallon pots with 50/50 Promix/FFOF and vegged and trained (LST) until 50 days from seed. All plants fed full strength FF Grow Big and Big Bloom every other watering. Plants responded well to low stress training. I only snapped one stem from working with it too soon after watering. Doh! It turned out to be a male so no prob.

At 50 days from seed no plants had shown sex and all were up-potted to 3.5 gallon pots of 50/50 Promix/FFOF mix and moved to 12/12 light cycle in the tent.

Plants #1, #4, #5 and #8 showed male pre-flowers within the first few days of 12/12 and were removed from the flower tent.

Plant #7 showed pistils at 5 days of 12/12 and #2, #3 and #6 showed pistils at 7 days 12/12.

All plants were fed full strength FF Grow Big, Big Bloom and CalMag the first 3 weeks of 12/12.

All plants were drenched good with straight water at about week 4 of 12/12. After that they were fed full strength FF Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Cal Mag up until week 7 of 12/12. Except #3-it started showing signs of lock-out and was not fed, but given straight water at week 6 of 12/12.

After week 7 of 12/12, all plants were given nothing but straight 6.5 pH water with lots of runoff each watering. Plant #3 continued to get worse even with the flushing.

Harvest began on 4/20/2018 with #3 taken first due to drastic leaf loss. Plant #7 was the last taken at 76 days 12/12. Not a real easy trim, but not a hard trim. It took about 2 hours per plant. I had to add a humidifier to the drying room since we had the lowest RH for spring time that I can remember. I kept it between 50-58 most of the time and plants dried in 4-5 days.

Dry Flower Yields:
Girl #2 = 50.2 gr
Girl #3 = 45 gr
Girl #6 = 49.8 gr
Girl #7 = 57 gr

Total Yield: = 202 grams of dry flower (+ 40-50 grams of very frosty shake jarred)

Plant #3 was the only one of the four that I found male flowers on (nanners) and it had a few seeds. I found a few seeds on some low buds of #2 but could not locate any male flowers on it. It may have gotten hit by stray pollen from an AK47 it was near or even some from #3. I toss those seeds.

All 8 clones taken before moving to 12/12 rooted except for plant #6. Maybe messed up the cutting? IDK

Overall it is a very easy to grow cross. They all lived through my ghetto setup and slacker ways. This was my first round from seed I have flowered under LED and so far I see no reason to switch back to HID.

9# Hammer x Starfighter - Smoke Report:

After at least 3 weeks in the jars, all 4 girls pass the potency test. The high is thick, yet energizing. Girl #3 can give me some anxiety at times. She was chopped a little early is probably why. I’ll let her clone go longer and she’ll probably be better than the others.

Appearance and Flavors:

Girl #2
Very mild waft of skunk when jar is open then dissipates. When crumbled, has an earthy hash smell with a hint of sweet licorice. Very smooth toke with a hashy, floral aftertaste. Makes my ears ring like cicadas in summer.

Girl #3
Sweet pine smell that turns more earthy like forest floor when crumbled and gives that same earthy taste on exhale. Very heady high. Thought scrambling and uppy. Goes great with a Xanax.

Girl #6
My favorite today. Mild sweet licorice and hash smell and hits very smooth with a hashy and floral exhale. Deep thick stone.

Girl #7
PINE-SOL! More of a harsh toke than the others but you can taste the potency. Hash and pine flavor on exhale. The instant effect can make my face flush and my scalp tighten on the first toke. Very heavy but comfortable buzz. Mind opening. Works great on drumming gigs.

Bottom Line:
I like it, my family and friends like it. They come back for more. Most haven’t even asked about the AK47 so I know they are satisfied.
I have 8 seeds left in the original pack. Will I grow them? Why yes, yes I will grow them.

Thank you, @LED_Seedz for putting me in the game. This stash made it well worth my time and resources.

10 Likes

Thank you for your grow space and killer job with the report. Good to know there are a few good phenos in there, but still not something I will pursue moving forward.

Glad the buddy’s approve as well!

Hope we can do it again some time.

Kindest regards,
PJ

7 Likes

Some sweet plants there guys!

Lot of great pics Ganja. For a cheap camera you’re doing pretty good. :slight_smile:

4 Likes