Left Hand Seeds Employee Journal - BlackDak + Black/Blue Lebanese

Looking like some little fattys in there :+1:
Can’t wait to see finish that’s always the best part right🤙.

2 Likes

What’s the feed you are giving them?

1 Like

Just straight up Jacks 3/2/1 with a tiny dose of pool shock to keep the res sanitized.

I’m probably going to add in fulvic acid and silica at some point but I’ve been lazy in ordering them up.

4 Likes

I hear ya on the lazy :rofl:.
I just started messing with megacrop and it’s definitely needs reworked to be a one part start to finish. I have a room running master blend and it’s doing good so far . Jacks with be next to try.

2 Likes

Essentially- mixing chlorine and fulvic acid is a no no.
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/es60128a014

6 Likes

Good looking out – I’m gonna stop using the fulvic. It looks like chlorine will degrade the fulvic, making it ineffective. It seems that any oxidizing agent used for sterile nutrient reservoirs is incompatible with fulvic.

9 Likes

Perhaps h2o2?

4 Likes

Unfortunately h2o2 is also an oxidizer, and will degrade fulvic.

I always find useful info on this guy’s website:

8 Likes

Really educational heads up, thank you!

I decided to tackle my humidity problems via 5 gal bucket with an ultrasonic fogger.

Top number on the inkbird is my miserable current reading, I’m usually around 30% right now. I set it to run at 50% min just as a test.

Hard to capture but you can see the jet of mist it’s pushing out now.

17 Likes

That’s a beautiful bit of work for the humidifier. Big props. If I had known it was that easy to make i wouldn’t have bought one.

7 Likes

My humidity fix for my veg tent worked. Humidibucket is running very intermittently to produce 65% RH with my 4” exhaust fan on at all times. That tent is now pretty much ideal environment wise.

I also got off my ass and did some stuff in my flower tent. Got my ac infinity t8 hung and my two light panels up. Now I just need to hook up my ebb and flow system and wire this biatch for power.

15 Likes

Some funk is afoot. I’m not sure what’s going on but I’ve got some sag on the plants.

EC: 1.1
PH: 6.1
Light: 8.5k lux
Temp: ~63-65
RH: 60%
Res temp: 57

I’m pretty stumped, they aren’t showing deficiency anymore but just look sad. Res is pretty cold, so that could be a hint, I think they just get LITFA.

It almost looks like overwatering to me, but they’re only getting soaked 2x a day for 12 mins.

7 Likes

lift up the pots so itll help let you know when they need water
also, try getting those temps up at least 10 because thats likely the problem

6 Likes

Roots lookin good? Temp is a tad low for the water, could be the issue in and of itself but i’d be checking for white fuzzy roots and not brown slimy one’s. Everything else sounds on point :thinking:

3 Likes

What are you doing for intake? Or do you plan to use the tent more as a frame and leave the doors open?

1 Like

I just open a tiny bit of vent in the bottom of my tents for passive intake.

2 Likes

I can only see roots that have popped the bottom of the tree pots but they look healthy, good idea!

I thankfully had an oil heater sitting around so I’m going to heat up the ambient and see if the plants are just experiencing cold shock.

7 Likes

Day 19 Veg

They seem to have recovered a good bit, the oil heater brought my res up to 60 and the tent to 70, they all seem a lot happier though still show some sag. I think they stopped growing when they were all freaking out, almost zero new development. Hopefully that picks up now that my climate is somewhat sorted!

Strange only one (2nd row from bottom middle) showed bad deficiency burn, everyone else was fine.

11 Likes

Day 22 Veg

Figured I’d post an update because the plants have rounded the corner and are blasting growth again.

@lefthandseeds showed me a pic of a P deficient plant with a note that plants that go too cold tend to swing to a P deficiency! TIL! My plants looked exactly like his example, with these strange blobs.

Every plant’s lowest node growth now looks like a warzone, lessons learned for me.

Strangely, this girl did not give two shits about how bad things were, this might be a huge contender for the project showing some crazy resilience.

11 Likes

Day 25 veg

Happy holidays ya’ll. Hope stoned happiness abounds.

We’re making progress again and everyone is happy. Still pretty boring updates but I think we’re getting close to flip after the growth stunt I just put them through.

@lefthandseeds tells me he’s gathered a lot of pollen so I’m really stoked to get these plants fired up for some selection!

9 Likes