Lest we forget FishyTales

me: waoooooooh… you’re gone be #%$^&*ed up! :smile: :wave:

winter runs for me have been smaller too. spring temps are great for tep preservation tho. did you get a smell or 2?

i’ll dig through my thread & find pics of mom & dad or auntie.

durban p mom:

dad:

dad’s sister:

:evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

Coming soon for your viewing pleasure! Big thanks to RedEyed genetics for the opportunity to test. Sunset sherb, welch’s wonder and cherry pie all crosses to a locktite stud.

10 Likes

Any smells other than ‘weed’ from that SLSxDP? I figure you’re still drying & haven’t burned any yet… ?

3 Likes

@cannabissequoia
Definitely has a sweet smell coming through. Smoked a little sample and as you stated before, a true middle of road cross… the high is by no means ‘racy’ but for me, I was motivated to do things. As far as taste, once again middle of the road/ best of both worlds… sweet fruit taste on inhale… leaves mouth coated with a mild sweet flavor then anise back notes. Nice work fam. Was an honor to grow. I will say this… I have bought and grown out 2/10 seeds from ‘reputable’ breeders and given the other 8 away… I will be holding on to the rest of these to get back to at some point. If 100, not an ‘elite’ cut, but one I wish I had given a second run to dial in a bit more. Oh well! Guess I’ve just gotta pop more seeds!

2 Likes

And here we see full bloom kiddos

5 Likes

That sounds like the Durban gave it the anise flavor/after-taste. Great news & glad to see it, glad to help! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Thank you for generosity! Was truly a pleasure to run.

2 Likes

CannaVenture cookie wreck… don’t sleep on CV

10 Likes

Nice stuff, that Durban mom is incredible!

2 Likes

Ahhhh decisions decisions… this CV cookiewreck is STILL spitting white hairs 10 weeks+… so tempted to take her down

Have a couple others in flower I will post shortly

10 Likes

Ok ok… sorry not the flowers one would expect, but here are a few of my orchids. The vine growing up the pool cafe is a vanilla orchid. Hasn’t flowered in a couple years, but hoping this fall she will. That plant she was taken from is probably 40 years old and I have about 8 cuts spread out around my extended family’s houses

Edit: will upload silvercrisp, cake and gmo in a bit

10 Likes

Silver crisp lineage as follows
(Tk91 x Cookie Crisp) x SSH F2

I have a some more silver crisp if anybody is interested in them. I know this pic isn’t much but as she finishes out, if anybody is interested let me know

9 Likes

GMO

9 Likes

Little update… so half of my army of mantis today woke up to face the cruel world… upon release, I sat for perhaps 5 minutes and followed 1 single mantis… upon arrival to this beautiful world he ate an ant. He looked so happy with his kill and just sat there… then another ant came… mantis-2 ant-0… as he sat there gloating about his kill with a smile on his face, a lizard came and ate the poor little fucker and I smiled
Moral of the story insert here (I’m not here to teach morals gotta choose your own adventure)

Anybody have any idea how I can stop/ slow down a plant that is ‘foxtailing’ (if that’s a word). Other than turning down the sun 10 degrees?

4 Likes

Did you hatch the mantids? I put my egg cases in a brown paper grocery bag attached to a small branch. Three separate bags for the 3 cases I ordered. In a couple of weeks all three cases produced several hundred tiny mantids. I turned one bag loose in the grow rooms and the other two I released in the yard.

They’re fascinating critters.

4 Likes

Yes, sorry for lack of updates, a week vacation combined with summer heat left a path of destruction, but rebounding now. Spent hours watching the manti. Truly are fascinating to watch. Had 2 pods and they opened about a week apart. I just kept them in the plastic container to hatch then released them over a day after they came out.
On another note, just started 7 more seeds. 2 RedEyed genetics cherry pie x locktite, 2 neckbreakers, a buddies take on karmas headbanger, 2 garlic breath x pink bazooka and 2 CV cookie wrecks.

4 Likes

Wait wait this girl has the anise smell? Hmmm like black licorice, yes?
Buying Durban is a crap shoot.
Durban in Africa, was a hub that when ever anything went thru it was all named Durban Poison.
Sometimes it was good sometimes it was hay.
Where did this girl originate, from what store?
Is there anymore of these Dp’s round?

2 Likes

I think he posted in another thread he took in a clone, but as usual, I may be wrong

1 Like

Hmm could’ve it been from Oregon.
I have a hybrid dp x tigers milk it was the only male I had at the time and couldn’t find any other pollen but it was more grapey

The clone I used as a mother came from now-defunct(?) Organicann in Santa Rosa CA circa '17, yes it had the anise/licorice smoke, a good cut. I got lucky with it & bred it to Red Cherry Berry and Sour Lifesaver dads. I don’t know who bred it though, sorry.

:v:

1 Like