Let em grow gallery, outdoor '24

8 Likes

Tornadoes

4 Likes

Volunteer ruderalis replacing momā€¦

6 Likes

Both banana og plants have pink pistils and are way more far along sticky and smelly than the indoor run of these

7 Likes

That sun has something special in itā€¦ and they are all in love with it.

Looks like your summer went well :metal:

3 Likes

just an updateā€¦

7 Likes

Outta likes.

One of the worst artifacts of my stroke is my diminished sense of balance, which used to be excellent. Now I hate getting on ladders. Fuck, I have a difficult time walking in a straight line. Iā€™d never pass a field sobriety test.

@Draig, you be fucking careful up there.

4 Likes

How tall are they now lady Zandra? Love volunteers and bag seeds. Too much info these days. I like some mystery!

2 Likes

Last measure 9.5 ft and almost 7 wideā€¦the baseā€¦wellā€¦you can see below!

9 Likes

We know what the genetics are-- just surprised the seeds took so well after being out all winter!
These are @Carty 's Black Oger that we crossed with Celtic Stone pollen because out of all the remaining Black Oger seeds he sent us to reproduce, there were no males.
@Draig debated whether or not to use that pollen or one of the others we have stashed-- but I think he made a good choice with this match-up!
We are working them over the winter-using clones of these and the original geneticsā€¦ Hope to have a good, stable strain that clones as easily as these did (4 days!!) in about 3 more grows! :blush:

4 Likes

Could you go into the Black Oger and Celtic Stone a bit? Are you seeing a particular expression that leans one way or the other? 50/50 perhaps? Or yet to be determined? For instance I usually can tell from experience whether a particular plant leans to the mother or father or even a further ancestor . I will say you have a very large plant that through natural means has decided on you not the other way around making it cosmic.

Some of that info weā€™ll have to get from @Carty - as we never grew the Black Oger to itā€™s fullestā€¦we kept them small and flowered early indoors for the seed productionā€¦
But these do resemble the Celtic stone a bit!

5 Likes

Yes, Draig has a great eye for the CS and both females are leaning toward it big time. The Vietnamese Black F3 has to be contributing to her size. The male he cut down however leans more towards the other parentsā€¦

One plant is over 10ft tall and 20ft aroundā€¦ seeds were tossed out after dropping into the soil last year when Draig hit my Black Oger with CS pollen.
pretty sure he used the DD pheno but it didnā€™t dominate in this crossā€¦

Black Oger Stone - Oregon Kids Ghost Oger x Vietnamese Black F3 tested and crossed to make F2 seed stock to go thruā€¦ this is the generation Draig hit with CS pollen choosing to preserve her this way vs possibly losing her.

And what a great choice it wasā€¦

4 Likes

Looks like a dang Bamboo stalk almostā€¦ omg

2 Likes

Every yard should have one of those. Say it with me everybody, ā€œHemp for Victoryā€. :smile:

3 Likes

after harvest- Iā€™m making carved walking staffs!! :blush:

4 Likes

Oh you know Iā€™m going to want oneā€¦ you imagine. Be epic to walk around with a pot stem as my cane. and Draig would look so cool sporting oneā€¦ he needs a staff though with that beardā€¦ Draig the Greyā€¦ hahaha.

1 Like

Hey LZandra and Draigā€¦ do you realize the initials for our strain is BOSā€¦

Datā€™s right peopleā€¦ our strain is da BOS, so good we donā€™t need the 2nd Sā€¦
hahahahaā€¦
Nice job cleaning up the inside for air flowā€¦ you and I have seen this enough to know just how much Celtic Stone is shining thruā€¦ but the huge flower heads and leafs also show off the Vietnamese Black F3 in herā€¦
I cannot wait to see the bus form and see what she leans towardsā€¦

Did we clone the male for pollen?? I know Draig culled itā€¦

3 Likes

Next Generation seeds foreground. Seed is BC Blueberry. Zunga Zeng, Grandmas Hashplant, and Big J/Joe Pure Afghan/Lavender Lemonaid left to right background.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a beast!