Let me dust off my mothballed equipment and get glowing

Went to hang my HPS lamps last night and popped a breaker seems that it is just too much for the circuit, So I will hijack the circuit breaker for the no longer used hot water boiler. The boiler was obsoleted when the central heat and air conditioning unit got put in. Most of the radiators have been removed. Good thing I am an industrial electrician I’ll do it safely. I am also adding six plants from the veg tables they have all started popping white hairs- all 6 should help with the loss of 17 males

5 Likes

Lookit I got more power, now I can punch up the glow

9 Likes

i like that!! punch up the glow!!

1 Like

Uncle doubles down again all lights are kicking
This excessive display of photon decadence is
3x250w HPS & 2x400w MH
Can I get a picture I don’t know it could be too much light to f stop

2 Likes

Looks like I have to raise all the bulbs

And then I add hanging window blockers that serve both as reflectors during lights on and dark cycle shades from light creep on the veg side

1 Like

4 Likes

Basic Co2 monitoring screen

Data logger screen showing trend, currently showing that I cut power to Co2 itself causing initial drop, then messed around with reflector screens while hanging more lights

4 Likes

Nice setup! The combination of lights should work well

1 Like

But it gets back up there just as soon as I leave things alone

2 Likes

I’m feeling pretty stoked for a couple of reasons among them the setup is almost exactly what I had conceived. And one of my veg tables is covered in female plants that I put in bigger pots this morning. Not only that but now my guns are fully loaded for the 16oz. Cup challenge. Just in time.

2 Likes

Why does it seem like the work never ends? Had to raise the lights for the three time this week. Had to change out a Co2 tank that ran out, when I check the gauges the primary regulator had crept up in pressure. I might have bumped it handling. Things are maintaining now. I also discovered last night that one of the HPS light timers failed from mechanical issues,so I got up at 5:00am to make sure lights went out at 5:30. it seems a little piece of plastic swarf got into the main rotating wheel. I had another dead one that died of motor failure. I took and swapped out the rings and all has been good for about 28 hours switching on and off like it should. I also had to rearrange some plants that are really moving up, must be the “stretch” setting in. I had a spice mix plant that was about 18 inches tall when I put it in, now it is 31/32 inches tall.

4 Likes

oh my, looks part sunflower :sunflower:

4 Likes

You can crop plants with traits like that and it makes them more manageable. It might dip into yield but it helps maintain sanity. Ha! Ha! (i think the yield part is negligible)

I think I will ride it out for a while, I am not really worried about yield and the sanity is already in question. There are some others that are nearly that tall in the corner I put it in.

1 Like

So what’s up with the corner and other stretching plants? Is the bulb old or different brand or something? Or is it just a lanky strain? Fixture? She got legs.

Just looked through entire thread real quick. Great log of everything you’ve done/doing.

The bulbs are all brand new I have four brand new MH bulbs from the same manufacturer’s lot. I have six brand new HPS bulbs, I bought them at clearance prices. The MH ballasts are identical two of the three HPS are identical. there are a few different types of plants across the grow the leggy one got no LST at all I just put the taller plants in the farthest corners and the lower ones in the middle.

Normally I tie them down low and keep them there , but after the landlord bug out I let them grow out on their own to get healthy again . I’ll go back to tying them down next cycle

Today I am flushing the buckets of soil the 17 male plants were in they were getting full/heavy nutrient solution right up to needing a watering. I like to recycle the soil when I can. After I get the buckets flushed I dump them out on a blue tarp on the garage floor. I then let the soil get bone dry, I will have to stir it a few times. Then I screen it out removing clumps of roots, sticks and bigger pieces of bark. I have been toying with the idea of buying a small cement mixer at the economy tool store for mixing and amending soil. I could also sterilize soil with a flame shooting into the drum part of the mixer. Of course I would love a nice new one to work with but maybe I can find a used one on "C"list. Yes it would look used and shitty but no one would question it’s presence in the garage.

4 Likes

It’s a special evening in the big glow tonight I have just discovered actual trichomes on a plant these are the first in this grow,

I guess I’m officially in flower now!

9 Likes