Let’s see those old grow guides and collectibles!

A Treasury of Hashish
Book by Alexander Sumach

16 Likes

I really do love this book .
The artistry, the style, the balls to publish something so niche that has become a modern day classic…

4 Likes

This guy worked at the museum in Amsterdam and was a bit of a legend… Anyone meet him back in the day???

Love how it’s tied together with hemp rope!

I’ve been looking for this for nearly a decade. Very happy to have it and in such great condition.

One of a few new books in the collection this past week!

Someone just told me apparently there’s a strain named after this guy from sensi…

11 Likes

Very nice, never seen that one before :ok_hand:

1 Like

Cannabis
report by the advisory committee on drug dependence, 1968.

7 Likes

The Marijuana Thing
Philadelphia teen challenge, unknown year, this pamphlet is incredibly small measuring 1-1/2” tall and 2” wide.image

8 Likes

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/cannabis-celebrity-profile-eagle-bill-amato/

Some info information on the guy that wrote that book I posted

3 Likes

Is that book one of those information for impressionable teens that’s full of bollocks and more totally made up crap to scare kids?

1 Like

Indeed it is….devil reefer bullshit.

1 Like

https://sensiseeds.com/en/cannabis-seeds/sensi-seeds/eagle-bill

2 Likes

Anyone grown it before? Hope it works good in a vapouriser…

1 Like

MARIJUANA
GROW UR OWN
Unknown year, unknown author, published by the The Tribe of Thumb.
There’s a common misconception that this is the true first printing of Bill Drakes timeless classic The Cultivators Handbook of Marijuana, but it is not.

7 Likes

Does anyone know where to find for purchase, or if they even come up for purchase, the old Seed Bank catalogs? I’ve searched around on Google and the common marketplace sites like eBay, Amazon, and Etsy but have yet to come across any of the old catalogs. They would be awesome to have in the collection. I’d be grateful for any leads. Much love

1 Like

Ever see anti-marijuana books by Gabriel Nahas?

His sister ran the department of my major in college. I remember seeing cases of “Deceptive Weed” in her office.

3 Likes

I’ve got that book :sunglasses:

2 Likes

For me, it’s always difficult deciding between a cool cannabis book or seeds. I really want to save up for the great books of Hashish collection by Cherniack, in hardcover no less. But when I think of how many packs of seeds that could be it makes it really challenging.

Those would be so rad to have in the collection, or on the coffee table for guests to browse. One day! I’m manifesting it and speaking it into the universe. Much love

2 Likes

Marihuana-
Deceptive Weed
Gabriel G. Nahas, Raven Books, 1973, 1st printing, hardcover w/ dust jacket.

7 Likes

Those come up on eBay from time to time, just keep checking and you’ll come across them.

2 Likes

Some of those catalogues fetch high prices now.

Not long ago a collection of them… I think like sixty from the very early days sold in Amsterdam at an auction house for 1350 pounds… I watched the auction in amazement thinking and hoping it would sell for under 250… What a silly fool I was.

4 Likes

The Murphy Stevens books, the guy who first shared the Purest Indica with Greg, were selling for around $10 each a couple months ago and now it’s rare to find one so cheap but still can. They’re listed upwards of $75 now! I’d like them for nostalgia sake and to add to the collection but not at $75. I can totally see the old seedbank catalogs I’m good shape going for a pretty penny. Thanks for the eBay tip, I’ll keep looking. Much love

3 Likes