Let’s see those old grow guides and collectibles!

That’s super cool :sunglasses: It’s a testament to how different things are now…. I remember how hard it was to get information back then….

2 Likes

I really love this one!

2 Likes

@Qtip @buckaroobonsai yeah dudes it was a whole era I was just old enough to see on Usenet when I was young. All this samizdat, reproductions of dangerous books like this. Big props to everyone who sat around pre-OCR typing out weed books to send to their homies around the world on the Information Superhighway

1 Like

What a legend. If you should see this fella. Big thanks!!! never needed your work myself but the world owes you a debt of gratitude.

4 Likes

High Times 1987 strain reviews of The Seed Bank selections:

@Upstate check out that Indisat

6 Likes

Aw yeah all the oldest SSSC catalogs, thanks OldSSSCGuy

2 Likes

Lots of early breeding in upstate ny. Many pictures in old books. Check out the afghani#1:description.
" there is nothing nice about this high" :rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Doing some research for an antiquated book I’d like to add to the library and came across an old newspaper clipping online from the time period with a review of the “newly” published material. Now I gotta have that to go with the book! That would be so cool!

When you guys come across something you’re interested in, but can’t find a comparison to help place a value on it, what do you when trying to figure out how to approach the price?

I’m new to collecting books and am starting to realize that they come to sale when they do, and to be patient but in the same breath be decisive when seeing something you want. I want this book, but not sure if it’s overpriced or underpriced. It’s towards the top of my budget for what I prefer to spend on a book, so I’m being a little more hesitant than I would be if it were priced lower.

I check a couple times a day to see if it’s still there or been sold, and when I see it’s still available it’s a bit of a relief so in that regard I know it’s worth the asking price to me, but if I were to see another copy come for sale in a couple months for say 1/10 of the price that would be difficult for me to let go. And this market seems so all over the place! So niche. Appreciate this space to share these thoughts. Hope everyone is having a chill day.

2 Likes

You should dm me more info… I might be able to help if I knew more :wink: @Sbeanonnamellow

1 Like

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275601537057?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xNMtmd4-TBu&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=fGITCBQISiu&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Wow. Should cause a bit of a fight this one

3 Likes

There is a 1st edition hardcover w/ dust jacket of Secrets of the West Coast Masters in great shape for $75 on eBay, one of you guys better grab that, I have seen them go for over a grand, don’t sleep, it’s rare!

1 Like

2022 OG Slapz Giveaway Sticker
By @Rhai88 , 1-50.
Thanks @Rhai88 and @Heliosphear for the great sticker giveaway! I’ll be slipping this card and sticker into a comic sleeve and putting in the collection! :pray::sunglasses:

8 Likes

Easy Outdoor Growers Guide
Timothy and Anne Mullenniex, 1st printing 2013, spiral bound, very fine, signed by both authors.

6 Likes

Marijuana Growers Handbook
The Indoor High Yield Guide
Ed Rosenthal, spiral bound, very fine.

5 Likes

Marijuana Growers Handbook
Indoor/Greenhouse Edition
Ed Rosenthal, spiral bound, very fine.

5 Likes

Well, here’s some new grail collectibles:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeDEZ2Fu487/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeDGXV6O785/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeDYMR5OAaE/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

Tagging @Wuachuma becuz BOEL

3 Likes

Who’s got $500 for the very first Marijuana Tax Act stamp?

6 Likes

3 Likes

And these just a few years ago were tens of dollars.

I bought a few of these ( similar not these ones) a few while back and have kept an eye on values… Couldn’t believe my eyes when there was an auction just before COVID really hit and they were astronomical prices.

Then I started reading about stamps and heard all these crazy stories about people finding the holy grail in charity stores(thrift stores)…I can tell you I can’t pass a pile of old stamps without my heart fluttering… No big hits yet but I’m hoping and looking!

2 Likes

Oh what I wouldn’t give to have some of this stuff…

2 Likes